Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Earlier
  2. I just dropped in to say hello Keep on developing developers, even if its released at 2020 i'll still be waiting for it
  3. This is true. I've been truly horrid to all of them - mostly because they deserve it - and they still let me post here. I'm sure they politely roll their collective eyeballs.
  4. First point, we never set a release date. Ever. At any point. So the idea of three release dates is frankly comical. Second point, the only moderation I do on these boards is to delete spam. You're free to post whatever you want (provided it conforms to basic standards of polite discourse), at least until I get bored enough of what you write to consider it spam. All that said, if you really don't believe the project will ever finish, you're free to leave and never come back.
  5. It's funny how rough estimates and rough goals loosely mentioned by Darkrasp are somehow being translated to "official scheduled launch dates" for some people. At this point you're just grasping at straws, our laid back rules enables all ranges of criticism and discussion about any server and mostly anything. The majority recent positive posts are by people who still sticks around and carry personal hopes for us to get to the stage we're working to reach, the vast majority of people have moved on, and there's no reason for them to stick around until we decide to put ourselves back on the map again. Crestfall is still an on-going development process, I can say we have a lot to show, but also a lot to work on.
  6. This was written January 14th, 2018. 14 days after the (third??) Scheduled release date. Almost 5 months have passed and nothing noteworthy enough has been accomplished to share. Wake up people. I'm not trolling, I am simply putting this in perspective for y'all. Dont worry, this will get deleted. The admins here will not stand for even rational posts that go against the grain. Only positive posts allowed here now. I feel bad for you all. Good luck.
  7. I don't know if I'll be able to play on CF (aus to EU ping ehh) but I'm still hyped for it Vanilla to Wotlk. Would be amazing.
  8. Woah, a sort-of update. Sweet Well put @Wykeunchained
  9. All good thing come to those who wait, patience is a virtue I must admit I had my suspicions that things had slowly melted on this project but I am very pleased to see that the staff here are still plugging away in those lonely small hours of the night. Fair play, and respect to you all for taking a realistic and honest approach to emulation. Anyone can pump out a fresh realm with a few fix's and add a cash shop for "development costs" but I respect the fact that @Darkrasp has always been honest with the people following the project. I am a follower, I am actually enthused by the attitude of the team. By doing this for their own passion and not out of greed or fame, they show integrity. If Blizzard launches classic realms first it may actually benefit the project, as nothing kills a realm faster than a community with unrealistic expectations. If crestfall launches I will be happy, if it doesnt I will not be unhappy, what matters is that the people working on it are enjoying what they are doing and that its not consuming their whole lives. I actually dont care if I never log into crestfall, but I will be happy for the staff if they get to that point are satisfied with their work.
  10. Unreal Gold on GOG, until 2018-05-24 17:00 UTC.
  11. I'm sure that when it will be finished will be a great server. Since i don't see a proper section to write this, i'll wirte here this message. If u need any help for the beta team i'm up to join it and test the game during my freetime (i can do it for 2-3 hrs a day). Btw my best wishes for the entire project and members. @Darkrasp
  12. Yeah, it's still happening. Take a look here:
  13. Is what happening? Crestfall? Yeah. Slowly but surely. With the whole classic thing, the sense of urgency is more or less gone. Asura, myself, and the rest of the beta team are still picking away at the project and we still intend to launch when it's finished, but we aren't setting any deadlines for ourselves, and we aren't putting in hours and hours every day anymore. It's well and truly a hobby project that will be ready when it's ready. If you're looking for something to play right now, then I would not advise waiting around for us. I'll be straight. A ton of work has gone into Mangos over the last few years due to the notoriety of Nost and the following phenomena. The level 60 gameplay has gotten to a point where it is pretty well done, certainly playable and close enough to what retail used to be to give a fun and rewarding gameplay experience. Most of the events and content are scripted to a reasonably high standard. Mechanically it's pretty sound, and increased computing power can compensate for at least some of the inherent instability and sloppy code that kind of defines Mangos. Yeah, it's a bit of a backhanded way to say it, but what I'm getting at is that Mangos has gotten to a point where it is actually pretty good for endgame content. If all you care about is level 60, you can pretty safely just go there now. We are taking the time to dig back and correct everything. Mangos uses kinds of flawed formulae that work fine at level 60 but not during the levelling process. As an example, the formulas for intellect to spell crit used literally everywhere else are wrong. The only servers that properly calculate spell crit from intellect at levels below 60 are retail and Crestfall. Same with health gain, stat gain, mana gain, attack power from strength and/or agility, etc. etc. Similarly we are working on multiple-client compatibility so that we can run the same emulator for Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath.. a task that is far beyond the scope of what any Mangos realm is going to do. That's all before you even mention real, actual clustering. Of course, most people only care about level 60, and they can just run separate realms for each expansion and skip all that trouble, and so on, and so on, but that's not the way we want to do it. We are intentionally doing it the hard way because... well, because we can. It's a challenge, and that's what makes it fun for us. We have built an entirely new engine for lua, an entirely new system for scripting via the database, entirely new creature AI, overhauled miles and miles of old trash code and dragged it into current code standards. We don't have to try to out-compute the inefficiencies of the code because it is incredibly lean and clean. It's. Just. Not. Finished. Yet. and a task like this takes a lot of time for a small team to achieve. We're not daunted by it, we've just gotten realistic about the fact that while this is rewarding to work on, it's not our whole lives, and it isn't ever going to be. It's not the top priority thing for either of us, so rather than give up everything and quit, or give up everything else and ruin our lives to ensure a quick release, we're just striking the middle path and balancing working on CF with having actual fun lives involving more than visual studio. So yeah, CF is still a thing, and it's still being worked on. That said, if you prefer to play elsewhere rather than wait for us, it's not going to hurt my feelings any. We put as much time into the project as we feel like, and no amount of outside pressure is going to change that.
  14. but like.... is this still happening or nah?
  15. there is no activity of any sort anymore. is this still happening or did everyone die inside when legacy was announced? or maybe im out of the loop?
  16. ''Seems'' ''Probably'' http://archive.is/KFlyG
  17. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/galactic-civilizations-ii-ultimate-edition I don't even remember this series, but this is free on huggle bongle.
  18. Absolutely true! The server can be connected through this realmlist, the address is there. I never claimed you could play WoW on it yet, as you pointed out the obvious reason: account creation is not public. You are totally wrong about Crogge not being part of the team though.. On 2017-10-30 Darkrasp said again: Meaning that if he (Crogge) released this script, he knew Darkrasp wouldn't mind. Moreover, since Asura left nothing much has changed and I GUESS the domain (crestfall-gaming.com) and VPS contracts are in Crogge's name still. I don't care about this at all, just pointing out that he might still be in some way 'part of the team', as you can read in this same very topic: So owning the forums and server means he kinda can take them offline at will. But w.e. Crogge seems to be an okay person so this will probably not happen. I think the remaining Crestfall community is on Discord, as this forums have been mostly abandoned anyway. The server should be also pretty lightweight since there is no population so a cheap VPS for double digit euros per months is surely enough to host it.
  19. No it's not. Yes a realmlist is on the bat file, but: We don't have means to create server accounts Crogge is not part of Crestfall team anymore, so any information regarding Crestfall is not official, is wet paper, has the same vale as if it comes from me. You can try to connect whenever you want, it won't. Crogge released the bat and it's nice to have, it's a harmless plain text file so I don't see the panic unless people have no idea what are talking about, more common nowadays.
  20. Apparently this is the server release, yeah. You are not supposed to do anything. Some explanation, however, would have been welcome, considering the person who asked was for a long time one of the most important members of this community. From your comment I supposed you don't use this launcher script to connect to the server software, is that correct? In any case, the realmlist seems to be: logon.crestfall-gaming.com I might try connecting at some point, thanks for sharing Crogge.
  21. cf when

22. CF code was so advanced that it became sentient. It broke free, looked around a bit, and fled to retail: http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=122370/cyrus-crestfall
  23. Am I supposed to respond to this? Alright, I'll bite. Crogge never asked for permission to make the post, and I don't care either way that he did. It looks to me like it was copy/pasted from Elysium and he just changed the name to Crestfall. Probably thought it would be nice to share the application with the community, but didn't want to write a whole new post for it. If you're worried about it having a virus or something, it's open source. Check the code and build it yourself if you want. Or not. Whatever. /Shrug.
  1. Load more activity