Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquane

American political thread

Who did you want to be POTUS?   91 members have voted

1. 1. The President

• Trump
    • Clinton
    • Third Party or write-in
    • I'm not American and/or I'm not eligible to vote.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
131 posts in this topic

So, I wanted to say I'm impressed that you guys went this long without an American political thread, let alone any political thread at all.

I'd imagine alot of people just wanna forget about the election too since they're so distressed by it and don't like the "toxic" stuff, as you might call it, flying around in so many places.

Well, thats too bad. I encourage the forum staff to not post their political viewpoints ITT, since some people are so anti-trump that they may not play here because of you if you're pro-trump(and unfriend you on facebook), and if you're pro-hillary some other people might call you SJWs and decide not to play here.

I'm gonna put something in the pot, and you're gonna stir it for me.

To start off, I'll post something, then two large pictures and a quote from one of them, not necessarily the most incriminating one, and you can make of them what you will; too bad that you'll be typing out most of the URLs that you care about though.

So you're either voting for a rich guy, or the handmaiden of other rich people, or someone else.

THEY ARE THUMBNAILS, OPEN THE PICTURES IN A NEW TAB OR WINDOW THEN CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO ZOOM IN

"And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry." -Bill Ivey, in an email to John Podesta, WHO IS HILLARY CLINTON'S CAMPAIGN MANAGER
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599#efmARKATm

podesta1.png

podesta2.png

EDIT: wikileaks has recently uncovered podesta emails that contain at least light evidence of hillary's camp being involved in wicked things that may be beyond your wildest dreams(but for some of you aren't); the weak of heart should not look it up, and know that it is as of 11/4/2016 at 9:46 EST, a gigantic hashtag on twitter with over 600k tweets that for sooooooome reason doesn't show up on worldwide trends anymore; as usual the MSM is trying to discredit it, even huffington post is right after making their first(?) pro-trump article not even 2 days ago in an then-attempt to save their skin.

do not directly mention what this edit makes reference to on this website

Edited by Aquane

The administrators wish to keep this as less politic/religious-debated server as possible, so do know this.

We do discuss occasionally politics in #offtopic, specially during the three debates.

If I could vote, I'd vote for Trump since there is literally 0 valid reasons to vote for Hillary.
I made the mistake to watch local Bulgarian news regarding this (which just copy blindly whatever CNN says) and I wanted to smash my TV... never again. Can't believe every media is this corrupt.. I mean Hillary corrupts the American media since she owns most news stations, but that also takes effects on all EU and i guess worldwide news stations as well.

(the Bg media said that.... if.. if Trump gets elected he eh.. he will support Putin to such an extent that he will support Putin if he wants to invade Bulgaria ... and i'm sitting here like: what? are you insane or something? First of all, we're better off with Putin than with the Islam migrants or EU or USA and second of all he doesn't really care about us)

Edited by Bloo

I couldn't disagree more with you, @Bloo. I'm also against the Islam migrants but we're not better off with Putin either. I'm sorry but no sane person would vote for Trump - you can easily watch their debates to see that Trump is out of his mind and has no plan whatsoever. 

Edited by Sque

Nothing good will come from this topic. But let me say this two things. First, if something good could come from elections they would be forbidden. You have no choice, you have illusion of it, because all candidates are beforehand "approved". Second, the media coverage is so much one-sided that its really pathetic, to such extend that it forces you to vote for the other. I guess if you look back with all ex-presidents almost all had different promises and goals and then they worked towards same shit, so this should speak volumes for the illusion of democracy.

Edited by Joyman
grammar

Please remove this thread. Completely unnecessary. We're here for WoW not for american politics.

If I am an American, I will choose Trump. I will explain;

1. Hillary was cheated by husband. I know that this may not be suitable way to measure but, honestly this does not show strength . She choose to keep last name without divorce.

2. She had no  succesfull pass as  senator through  minister. ( Iraq war, Egypt, Libya, Iran and Syria)

3. She got huge amount of financial suppport from Lobbies. ( Is she going to be American's president or Lobbies' president ??)

4. She is not new actor. She is same like all other politcians.

5. How can somebody not paying attention to email securitry :)

I am not fan none of these candidates. Bernie Sanders is more close to my poltical perspective. But he could not pass Hillary.

Right is getting strong worldwide which makes me worry about all worldwide conflicts and war possiblities.

Good luck u all.

Peace

Edited by kuyubasi

30 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Please remove this thread. Completely unnecessary. We're here for WoW not for american politics.

It's offtopic, it doesnt have to be about WoW. If this bothers you, simply stay in general discussion.

Greetings fellow Centipede!

It seems nobody really supports Clinton except those who stand to make money from it or were paid to endorse her. Trump and Pence both fill stadiums with thousands of people 2-3 times a day in every city they stop at while Hillary is sleeping, Bill campaigns for her in high school gymnasiums with hundred or so people and even Obama has trouble getting more than a hundred. Kaine can't even get 30 people at a rally.

Which leads me to think "How is she so high up in the polls?". Unless... Trump is right that the polls are rigged, the media is colluding with the establishment and pulling out all the stops in order to keep him from reaching the White House.

It's known that the Clinton Camp is not above deception and buying people off to do various things, so one has to wonder 'does this have anything to do with Trump's rape accusers?' Why wait until 2 weeks before Nov 8th to come out? Some with fake addresses or from known fraudsters. If they can hire mentally ill people to start violence at Trump Rallies, fake rape accusers don't seem out of consideration. All that does is diminish actual rape victims. Even Youtubers have come out saying they were offered money to support Clinton, and with Correct The Record being funded to troll online on reddit and various social media, you can't have a legitimate conversation with anyone.

They'll antagonized Putin and threatened war over this election, because nevermind what's in the emails, let's only focus on how they were obtained! But I wonder why they have such a hard-on for Putin suddenly? and their collaboration with Saudis... Well, Saudis have oil... Putin has oil. Hmmm... war over oil? ...Nah, we'd never do that.

There's valid disagreements about Trump's attitude or political views, but I think above all else he represents the anti-establishment, and that's what I'm voting for. It's not so much that I'm Pro-Trump, it's that I'm Anti-Clinton and Anti-Corruption.

And before anyone asks "Why not Johnson/Stein/McMuffin?" - Johnson is a moron, he can't place Aleppo on a map. Stein is anti-vaxx and thinks Wifi is damaging our brains. And Evan McMullin is a Mormon plant designed to do 1 thing: Sandbag Utah to prevent Trump from getting 270 Delegates, in which case the Republican Establishment-held House of Representatives gets to pick the President, and atleast half of them would probably pick Clinton or the freshly resurrected corpse of Ronald Reagan.

I appreciate that this thread is in the off topic forum. Within reason, you can post whatever you like, however...

From personal experience nothing polarises people more than politics and religion. This thread opens up Pandora's Box. What will the next thread be? How about US politics in the Middle East from 1950+ discuss...

The point is that people who are happy to debate like adults in class review threads or raiding tactics, behave like children when you introduce politics and religion.

No good can come from this, in my opinion.

6.  There is a limit to what is considered reasonable use of the Off-Topic forum; spamming of posts in Off-Topic is still spamming.  The primary purpose of these forums is the discussion of Crestfall and WoW-related material.  The Off-Topic forum has it's purpose, but it isn't the primary purpose.  If you are making the majority of your posts in the Off-Topic section, we recommend that you find and join a board more relevant to your interests.

*please note that a majority of successful topics in Off-topic are still related to WoW and or Cresftfall and its players - just not game mechanics or in-game specifics, like the topics found in general discussion.

2 hours ago, Joyman said:

Nothing good will come from this topic.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

We're here for WoW not for american politics.

8 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Edited by cell007

16 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

You're probably right, and given that we Legacy WoW players are not exactly known for our civility in discussing topics of polarizing opinions, I will agree.

But it's up to the mods to lock the topic when it eventually gets to that point. Until then, I hope we can share in this discussion peacefully.

Oh, I am definitely interested in the topic; I have some linguistic training, and just observing the phrasing during this campaign season was brilliantly fascinating. I do, however, visit the Crestfall forums for Crestfall and Ye Olde WoW discussion, so if you'd be so good and exscuse me as I bow out again and continue my observations elsewhere :->.

Madelein Albright is a jew.  Serbian family saved her life during WW2, because nazis could simply send her to concentration camp. Guess what she did in 1998 when she ve been Secretaty of State? Decided to bomb the shit out of Serbia. In Prague, on her book presentation, some czech guys who call their movement smth like "czech people, supporting Serbian Kosovo" came to that presentation with pictures of dead serbian civilians, who died during bombings. Albright yelled "Disgusting serbs! Go out!". 

She supports Hillary this election. Hard to find more nasty and two-faced person in politic nowadays.

This thread is going places.

Maybe not good places, but places nonetheless.

I'd vote Trump for the lulz if I could. The world would be much more interesting. Hillary is just a corrupt businesswoman who has no interest in the welfare of the American people. 

As a Swede I have been enjoying this election, it has been absolutely amazing. From the memes coming from the alt-right, the Podesta e-mails, Trumps' eccentric speeches, to the mayhem that is the mainstream media. Declaring a frog the symbol of hate was the cherry on top. Many keks has been had.  

Kanatana+rolled+image+unless+you+ve+sold

I have family members who are die hard on both sides of the spectrum. 

For the first time in my life, and hopefully only time, I refuse to vote this time around. I know, I get it, a no vote is just a vote for Hillary... sorry mom. No way will I put my name beside either of these "people". 

Ugh. Stop reminding me of horrible RL. Keep reminding me of beautiful escape. Full of Gnoll's, Tauren's, carebears and gm's. 

1 hour ago, Ugondiss said:

No way will I put my name beside either of these "people". 

You could always vote third party. Independent voters have both major candidates' supporters beat this time in numbers, it seems. This is a precedent that rarely happens in First Past the Post systems, as that system practically kills off all but two contenders. So, you know, the independents could actually make such a fuzz this election that four years from now, a third party candidate could well be seen as viable.

The problem, of course, is threefold: Firstly, a lot of voters are so conditioned to the Dems/GOP dichotomy that they simply cannot fathom a third party candidate being feasible. Secondly, there's a lot of voters that are dead-scared of one of the two probable candidates that they'll vote for the other one just to prevent their worst case scenario. And thirdly, the independents lack any focus towards any third party candidate.

Nevertheless: If there was ever a chance to shine a light into the future, to loosen the red-blue deadlock on the US electoral system, this election is it. I don't think it'll happen (human nature prefers safe and known), but if'n'you wanted to, that'd be your best shot.

Edited by Avila
Grammar, typos. It's late...

To be fair, this thread is one of the least toxic topics on the entire board right now so....I think its okay lol.

I'd vote Trump if it meant that the complete deadlock between congress and senate was lifted (aka one party gets majority in both and if I'm not mistaken this election regards congress whilst the republicans control the senate... or was it the other way around?) and the American people could finally get their bloody 9th supreme court judge instead of being cheated out on the democratical process (albeit I need to give you that such burden falls on the republicans).

This is actually my first post concerning American politics since the 2012 election of which I was very interested in (followed the GOP build up which featured some pretty great rethoric), oh well just get it over with and don't start any world wars and I'm happy.

1 hour ago, Avila said:

You could always vote third party. Independent voters have both major candidates' supporters beat this time in numbers, it seems. This is a precedent that rarely happens in First Past the Post systems, as that system practically kills off all but two contenders. So, you know, the independents could actually make such a fuzz this election that four years from now, a third party candidate could well be seen as viable.

The problem, of course, is threefold: Firstly, a lot of voters are so conditioned to the Dems/GOP dichotomy that they simply cannot fathom a third party candidate being feasible. Secondly, there's a lot of voters that are dead-scared of one of the two probable candidates that they'll vote for the other one just to prevent their worst case scenario. And thirdly, the independents lack any focus towards any third party candidate.

Nevertheless: If there was ever a chance to shine a light into the future, to loosen the red-blue deadlock on the US electoral system, this election is it. I don't think it'll happen (human nature prefers safe and known), but if'n'you wanted to, that'd be your best shot.

Oh, third party canidate has been looked into. Gary Johnson is a thought, although a smal one, and I know nothing of Jill Stein. 

I personally believe, right now, a no-vote says more then a third party vote. 

the 2 clownshoes that voted for hillary must love watching the kardashians to be that stupid to vote for her.

hillary = WW3.

trump or 3rd party imo.

#neverhillary.

9 hours ago, Ugondiss said:

Oh, third party canidate has been looked into. Gary Johnson is a thought, although a smal one, and I know nothing of Jill Stein. 

I personally believe, right now, a no-vote says more then a third party vote. 

I have to admit: If you aren't voting for a major candidate, the two remaining options (vote 3rd party or abstain) seem to be a toss-up as to which is better. From what I can come up with, it depends on how it's spun by the people having to interpret the result. So the following isn't meant to convince you to vote (I think not voting is a perfectly acceptable choice), it's more some generalized thoughts on whether not voting or voting for minority candidates is preferable.

There's been some articles about Clinton failing to secure "the Black vote" (I don't think much of the terminology, but that's the common phrase used) because percentage-wise, it's lower than for the last two elections. Now, "the black vote" is already recognized as being important to have, so politicians will cater to it: There's specific talking points they'll use to garner support from that pre-supposed voting "block". Not voting as someone who's already part of a voting block that's recognized as having value (i.e. they can get you points in certain states) does send a message if enough people do it.

If, however, your political interests are such that they're not yet represented, or presented only by a minority candidate, not voting hurts your over-all cause. It's obvious if you have a candidate catering to your interests: You don't vote, you signal that there's no interest from you to get those topics heard. Not voting because there's no-one to representing your interests yet also does not help you, because in the grand scheme of voting, only voters and their interests matter. Meaning: As long as a certain topic is not in the eyes of politicians as "valuable to gain votes", they will not be represented as talking points, let alone political agendas. Same goes if your interests are diametrically opposed to those seen as valuable "vote-gainers".

Take for example atheism - political wisdom has it that catering to religious, particularly Christian sensibilities can gain them votes in the US. So they do it. Catering to atheists, however, can lose them votes, so unless atheists manage to convince politicians of their voting power, they will never be catered to. Not voting in that case hurts your own interests. Non-voters make themselves non-factors in the game of "whose interests must politicians take into account". No election was ever deemed invalid because not enough people voted.

Why cater to people who don't help you win by voting? It's very easy to dismiss non-voters as lazy, not motivated enough to vote (no voting potential). But if enough people vote for third parties (even write-in candidates), it sends a message: There's untapped voting potential. I would love to see an outcome that has Blue and Red in a tight race of 32% to 33%, while a whopping last third is made up by various other candidates. It sends an entirely different signal than 49% to 50%, third parties trailing at 5% combined. Non-voters make up zero percent of polls, regardless of how much of the general public they actually represent.

edit: And, pertaining to the US election system, enough people voting for third parties in key states could well prevent either major candidate from winning via the Electoral College (because of the 270 votes needed to win), sending the vote to the House of Representatives. Just, you know, pointing that out.

That all said, if I were to vote in that election (can't, not an US citizen), I'd probably write-in Sanders. Also, I think the US election system is in dire need of an overhaul.

Edited by Avila

Good stuff Avila. I don't completely disagree. 

This might sound odd, but I don't want my personal beliefs, or creeds, to be catered to by these politicians. It's very apparant to me, that the type of person I want running this country would NEVER be accepted by the majority of the population.  I can accept that. To many millions of different people.

I want a decent human being to run for a change... I can disagree with your political policies, and still believe you're a honest, hard working person, who believes your interests could help the populous. 

I could've easily got behind Ben Carson... 

My honest hope is that this election has a record turnout for non-voters like myself (who usually votes). It could send a good message that this years crop wasn't ok. The whole process is flawed, and we'll not stand for it. Voting a third party candidate (at least this time) would be another vote for the thought the whole process is okay. It's not.

I know, I know, it's a pipe dream Ugondiss.  You'll just be another "lazy american" who didn't at least try.  And I wouldn't wholly disagree with that statement.  But it's my view as right now. And I have the right to view it LOL.

Ok... no more damn Murican politics (although I do appreciate this conversation Avila)! By the way, I'm not a social media guy... how do you do that @Avila stufff..... NEVERMIND, JUST FIGURED IT OUT! 

I don't live in America (thankfully), but from here it seems like a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Also it seems that a lot of people going to vote not "for Trump", but "against Clinton" and vice versa. This election is interesting because it, as far as I can see, illustrates a certain crisis of the American electoral system (though it's so strange and convoluted to me, that I can be mistaken, of course), but I wouldn't want to be in the middle of it.

But whoever will American people chose, we here will be screwed by USA/Russia proxy war anyway.

Also bourgeois elections are hoax anyway, proletarian revolution when?