Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crogge

Crestfall Gaming Alpha Preview

58 posts in this topic

Great work! Though there's already a thread discussing the video with some questions & comments in it. All in all it looks like the momentum is growing and we have good reason for getting our hopes up just a little ^_^

3 minutes ago, Chiasmus said:

Great work! Though there's already a thread discussing the video with some questions & comments in it. All in all it looks like the momentum is growing and we have good reason for getting our hopes up just a little ^_^

Just saw it a minute ago, haven't eaten anything all day so after uploading I took a break and posted this thread when I came back :)

Nice work. Showing the warrior charging at the mage got me excited for some PvP in Blackrock Spire.. with a robust charge they'll be even better. 

Lovely. Can't wait for Beta. That pathfinding in the cave is damn near perfect.

Is charge landing point correct? Looks like you stop almost inside your target.

11 minutes ago, Kamus said:

whitemane is immune to charge stun so she moved as soon as she was put into combat. maybe a stunnable mob might've helped :o

but seems like some adjustments need made to it though. 

Edited by imbaslap

17 minutes ago, Aquane said:

maybe you should just lock this thread because theres another one

I smell an ungrateful cunt. LUL

56 minutes ago, Kamus said:

This concerned me as well. Stop point is 0.5-1 yd off your target if I can recall correctly. 

Other than that, it looks amazing. Pathfinding looks neat, let's pray for Blizzlike LoS in BG's. 

1 minute ago, Cinder said:

This concerned me as well. Stop point is 0.5-1 yd off your target if I can recall correctly. 

Other than that, it looks amazing. Pathfinding looks neat, let's pray for Blizzlike LoS in BG's. 

What they were charging at was High Inquisitor Whitemane, who is immune to stun. Since she was immune to it, her AI told her to walk to the endpoint of that charge and stand on it.

Anyways, awesome video man. you guys are nuts. great work.

12 minutes ago, riplip said:

What they were charging at was High Inquisitor Whitemane, who is immune to stun. Since she was immune to it, her AI told her to walk to the endpoint of that charge and stand on it.

Anyways, awesome video man. you guys are nuts. great work.

yeah. i think @Crogge chose her for some reason because she is just too cute or something.

44 minutes ago, riplip said:

I smell an ungrateful cunt. LUL

i dont get it

3 hours ago, Crogge said:

Ladies and gentlemen, our Alpha preview is online!

Share and like this video if you enjoy the content.

Feedback is welcome :)

When are the next videos coming out? =D
Pls give ETA !

4 minutes ago, Crogge said:

--- We have just reached 1000+ views within less than 6 hours ---

Just wanted to thank everyone for the positive feedback so far, keep sharing :)

Yes, there are some minor (Primary cosmetic) issues but keep in mind that it is Alpha footage and that most of them can be fixed easily. We just want to show you how things honestly look like right now so you have an idea about the progress, no Photoshop.

Suggestions for the next video are welcome. There is no ETA yet for the next video, but this will become a series of videos so you can expect more soonish.

Cool bro.
Sure i don't mind waiting for more videos, after all i'm here for the full ride, oh yeah baby ! B|

A suggestion of mine is this - show us pet AI (I'm going to play hunter so it would be nice to see how my pet will work). Other then that I can't think of anything important but class talents, shaman for example.

Edited by dailybs

19 minutes ago, dailybs said:

A suggestion of mine is this - show us pet AI (I'm going to play hunter so it would be nice to see how my pet will work). Other then that I can't think of anything important but class talents, shaman for example.

I actually would like that too, did not see any pet AI stuff in this video unfortenatelly.
+1

Really like what I saw in the video. Keep up the good work.

Suggestion: The musical transition from the intro to the content disclaimer page is too sudden. A less contrasting style of music or a different transition would improve the musical flow of the video.

H Y P E

Looking good guys - thank you for the video and for your work so far! I can't wait for the next preview video - maybe showcasing hunter/warlock pets and pathfinding...mob respawn/spawning...some commonly bugged quests or boss fights? :)

Thanks and keep up the great work! 

thirsty for this server!!!

This is awesome. It looks like you guys are doing an excellent job with the project. 

Couple of things...

1) You talk a lot about pathing.. One of the things that I noticed on other private servers is that inside instances mobs could easily get lost or reset, and they don't communicate to other mobs correctly. I remember from retail, in most cases you would have to zone out for the mobs to reset. I remember some instances back then, where someone would make an accidental pull (for instance some of the trench pulls in gnomergan) and we wouldn't even know it until several minutes later when the collected mass of mobs had finally made their way to us. In some cases you could accidentally pull a large section of an instance. In other cases you could intentionally pull large sections to burn them down in a style similar to what wowhobbs used in his original videos.  On other private servers the behavior of mobs in instances can be hard to predict, but it just hasn't seemed to work as well. Is this something I can expect to see working correctly on Crestfall servers?

2) Can I get info on the debuff timer showing in the video? (An example is showing at 2:40.) I don't think I have seen that addon.

3) The music at the end of the video is too loud; it is drowning out the person speaking. 

Thanks for all the work you all are putting into this. I can't wait to see more as it all unfolds. 

3 hours ago, Crogge said:

Suggestions for the next video are welcome.

The regular annoyances

• Aggro range: How far away?
  • Aggro reset: How far will NPCs chase, how does damage affect this?
  • Aggro in caves: How NPCs behave if aggroed from low ground without a (clear) path down to you. - etc

The "oh shit my pet is retarded" annoyances

• Water interaction:
    • Player pets swimming with the player
    • Pets being sent to attack and pull NPCs back under water (also showcases the NPC movement under water)
    • Pulling NPCs standing next to water on high ground causing them to run down into the water and start swimming towards the player. (Hopefully clean and not the usual up & down dance that can occur elsewhere)
      • Perfect location: The final Beached Sea Creatures in Southern Darkshore surrounded by Murloc Oracles (casters) and Tidehunters
        • (mini platform out in the water to pull from)

The regular "I'm done, again" annoyances

• (The absolutely worst pet bugs)
    • Chasing fleeing NPCs or NPCs running away from them towards the player without attacking them (regardless if the pet has a faster movement speed than the target):ph34r:
    • Pet health regeneration
    • The pet freeze/summon bug that can occur on regular mangos servers when switching between continents
      • aka the "oh great need to relog/alt f4+restart client so I can resummon my pet" bug
    • Pet movement/combat on zepperlines/ships - Can also showcase fear/poly/deathcoil/blind etc in this setting.

Regards

Soyo

1 hour ago, JonDoh said:

2) Can I get info on the debuff timer showing in the video? (An example is showing at 2:40.) I don't think I have seen that addon.

Thanks for all the work you all are putting into this. I can't wait to see more as it all unfolds. 

Addon is ElkBuffBars. Elkano's Buff Bars is the complete name.

Edited by Roadblock