Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hussar

Prot PvP

Is it viable? Can you succesfully tank in raids and be at least somewhat useful in PvP without switching specializations? Can you recommend any specific talent build that would meet those expectations? 

I'm no theorycrafter. Never reached endgame in any expansion except WotLK (even then as ret pala >.>). I address this question mainly to vanilla veterans, but everyone feel free to join the discussion

You'd be quite useful in AV...  those bosses need to be tanked :)

But to answer your question, I'm afraid it's going to be quite difficult to be a viable tank and pvper with the same spec...

No, warriors in PvP are vurnerable to CC but make up for it with great damage and kill potential when they connect with their target. You would have the same weakness without the damage and mortal strike debuff. Also you would still get shredded versus casters that armor and avoidance does nothing against.

Hard to master something w/o being in the "right" tree.

Just mixed some talents around but i do get that this spec is garbage for pvp as it have no tactical M.

Its even Offtopic but whatever...

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LZVVuo0ERZxfts00zb you do get some prot stuff, and you get the stun for pvp, then i threw in the imp slam just for the fun idea of intercepting in, cast stun and pop bloodrage + rage pot and start going nuts with a slam after slam while they are stunned :D Not viable but does sound fun for dueling haha

But if you want to pvp as prot id throw in Imp revenge and Imp shieldbash and just be more of a support, i guess it could work pretty well as a flagcarry once in your flagroom, could be pretty fun as orc with that ironwill + racial :) 

Edited by mage21

If you want to PVP as Prot, I hope you enjoy Alterac Valley. Prots are amazing there. Outside of that and maybe running flags in WSG, your usefulness is slightly less.

Your damage is so terrible, you can just be ignored. Your damage mitigation against players is terrible since spells ignore armor and melee will just overpower your small increase in physical damage reduction.

The only thing you really bring compared to an Arms Warrior is a 5 second Stun, basically you're a Paladin without the healing.

2 hours ago, mage21 said:

Don't use this spec. :|

I seem to recall that high level tanks in late vanilla were actually running a fury build...

If you're still in content/gear that requires protection then you're basically relegated to AV tanking and harasser in PvP.

Edited by biotek