Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dimwood

Nostalrius announcement

131 posts in this topic

Welp this is a good day for Crestfall, they are now the only remaining viable vanilla project. 

Just now, baaboobu said:

how about you change back your old profile pic

lol what?

Just now, baaboobu said:

how about you change back your old profile pic

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/129/577/1a4.jpg

Well it's more hype than a t-shirt campaign I'll give them that.

Wow, releasing the code to one of the shittiest servers on the private server scene. They sure showed Blizzard who's the boss.

1 minute ago, hussar said:

Wow, releasing the code to one of the shittiest servers on the private server scene. They sure showed Blizzard who's the boss.

kronos better step up the game. elysium now a force to be reckoned with. :P

Finally people can let go. Finally!

Sad part is now we will probably get, in addition to Deceitful, that Alex guy over here too. Some personalities only bring more harm than good. Crestfall community has been so good up to this point, I wonder if this will turn into Reddit/Nost/CC type toxic cesspool now. Its not like our forum mods has taken a very hand on approach thus far. Time will tell I guess, there's a storm coming...

Edited by Sakritan

5 minutes ago, imbaslap said:

kronos better step up the game. elysium now a force to be reckoned with. :P

hey man, i saw that prismcharm comment on the nost thread #shillforcf #getoutcrestfallfanboy 

nost dead, long live the king CRESTFALL!

#hypetrainwontstop

8 minutes ago, Chiasmus said:

hey man, i saw that prismcharm comment on the nost thread #shillforcf #getoutcrestfallfanboy 

was fixed in 15mins by CF :)

#noexcuses

Nostalruse strikes from the grave. Waiting for the elysium announcement before predicting how this trainwreck is going to play out

3 minutes ago, hussar said:

I think it makes sense if you take a look at the reasons they give.

The source code will be first given to an existing Legacy project which we believe to be the most in line with our core values, named Elysium. This server shares the volunteer spirit and passion for the game we had. Furthermore, an important part of Nostalrius volunteers are already working there, some under different names.

Essentially, they're giving a little helping hand to their buddies – both in terms of source code and publicity – before sharing with everyone else. Wouldn't you do the same? I would. :)

Overall, I'm happy about this. I never saw a full scale Nostalrius return as an ideal outcome. I never played there, but other people's accounts tell of a server that was tonnes of fun, but not of particularly high quality; whereas Crestfall seems to be highly detail oriented and quality-focused. So I think the release of the source code to the public – and they'd better follow through on that!! – is the best thing because servers like Crestfall might learn some good things (e.g. better clustering, perhaps) and be able to incorporate them. But I suppose that might depend on the Nostalrius source's licence.

Ultimately, I would like all server source code, including Crestfall's, to be open sourced such that the community can benefit from, and contribute to, a very small number of superior WoW emulation components.

I played on Nostalrius for about 2 months or so on the PvE server and was there when it ended. Only got up to about level 23 on a paladin.

I have to say, I loved the community on that server. Everyone was always really kind and helpful. It was the least-buggy private server I've ever been on. I don't remember ever seeing a bug in my short time there, not even a minor one.

That being said, since the Nost shutdown, I've seen nothing but toxicity coming from Nost players. I'm sure it's mostly a vocal minority, but still, the community has gotten a really bad group of "spokespeople", and it's horrible. It's nice to come here and see everyone being friendly to each other. I've been following Crestfall since the shut-down, and I'm really hoping that it will be as good as we all hope it will.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there as a generally more silent Nost player.

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

They're just giving away the source code lol

As expected, we knew they wouldn't re-launch after the meeting with Blizzard.

Elysium posted an update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5bhill/the_birth_of_legacy_nostalrius_returns/

It sounds like Elysium will be opening a new server to pick up where Nost left off, including access to Nost accounts and characters:

"You will be able to choose which realm (in case of multiple realms) that you will be able to transfer your character to and resume playing as if Nostalrius never left.” 

So, some hope for the Nostalrius fanboys after all? It will be very interesting to see how this plays out, their timeline, etc. Personally, i'm in it for Crestfall :D

Haven't had this much fun reading forum posts. All those people on Nost forums soooo butthurt. Couldn't help but to laugh.

Well then.

I enjoyed the good Crestfall community, the clean forums. Goodbye. There's a shitstorm in sight.

That one guy tho, "please give code to crestfall"

No.

Just now, Chiasmus said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5bhill/the_birth_of_legacy_nostalrius_returns/

It sounds like Elysium will be opening a new server to pick up where Nost left off, including access to Nost accounts and characters:

"You will be able to choose which realm (in case of multiple realms) that you will be able to transfer your character to and resume playing as if Nostalrius never left.” 

So, some hope for the Nostalrius fanboys after all? It will be very interesting to see how this plays out, their timeline, etc. Personally, i'm in it for Crestfall :D

And what if elysium players have chars with same names as a nost char? Wasn't nosts raid progression further than elysiums? Sounds like a mess.

34 minutes ago, Chiasmus said:

I wonder if they'll ban multiboxing on their Nost core servers. On Elysium and Valkyrie website and forums, GMs say you can log onto 2 accounts at once and alt-tab, just no software allowed and no PvPing. Apparently this was changed in September. Multiboxing is not allowed. Only exception to this is 2 accounts maximum, with 1 account in a major city. So prettymuch like Nost.

There's just no replacement on the market for Crestfall's multi-accounting and VPN ban.

Edited by Malediction
updated after finally getting on their site