Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dimwood

Nostalrius announcement

131 posts in this topic

Good for the people who can retrieve their old characters and talk to their old friends. Now all the silly discussions about Nost will finally end.

Crestfall hype!

I read a reply on Twitter by the Elysium guys that there will also be a complete fresh server. (i.e. without any Nost transfers)

Considering that the Classic/Legacy players opt to revisit the journey they had on retail, I'm sure that a lot of ex-Nost players will start rather fresh. But that is only my prediction.

2 minutes ago, Rokstarr said:

I read a reply on Twitter by the Elysium guys that there will also be a complete fresh server. (i.e. without any Nost transfers)

Considering that the Classic/Legacy players opt to revisit the journey they had on retail, I'm sure that a lot of ex-Nost players will start rather fresh. But that is only my prediction.

That is correct. PvP = Elysium + Nostralius; PvE = Nostralius; New Realm = Nostralius. Either way, I for one am happy that the Nostralius community will have its own home now. 

6 hours ago, Lilaina said:

And what if elysium players have chars with same names as a nost char? Wasn't nosts raid progression further than elysiums? Sounds like a mess.

Nostalrius names will have priority, in case your character have same name as on Elyisum and you wan't your Elyisium character to be active one, you will have to rename it. At least that's what I heard.

6 hours ago, DeeMarie said:

So Elysium is going to pick up right where Nos closed on? I suspect this will split the community but maybe that's not a bad thing. I might even go retrieve my hunters there until CF launches :)

Realistically speaking, we do need community split, otherwise leveling on servers with ridiculously large population would drive people nuts.

12 hours ago, hussar said:

Wow, releasing the code to one of the shittiest servers on the private server scene.

Haha. You r either a troll or kronos fanboy lel. Elysium is probably the best private vanilla server atm (only thing kronos has better still is pop and other servers are not even comparable). It doesnt mean ofc they are not shit, cause they arexD, but its not surprise Nost going there (especially knowing that some of em already being there). Personally i dont think its good idea to start again from point at which they ended, also freezing stuff on elysium and linking realms seems kinda weird, cause of different progression,patching etc. but that d would be their choice (hope for me it wont be a problem still no plans to get back to pvp realm, maybe except for my twink there:P, but would be nice to get back to my pve realm priest (who barely started gearing up :/be4 shutdown), or even start on a fresh pve realm there; anyway my biggest hopes are still on crestfall, love the PTE idea and ll be here at release for sure, even if that means significantly lowering my time input to NostelyriusxD

40 minutes ago, Blackrobe said:

Haha. You r either a troll or kronos fanboy lel. Elysium is probably the best private vanilla server atm (only thing kronos has better still is pop and other servers are not even comparable). It doesnt mean ofc they are not shit, cause they arexD, but its not surprise Nost going there (especially knowing that some of em already being there). Personally i dont think its good idea to start again from point at which they ended, also freezing stuff on elysium and linking realms seems kinda weird, cause of different progression,patching etc. but that d would be their choice (hope for me it wont be a problem still no plans to get back to pvp realm, maybe except for my twink there:P, but would be nice to get back to my pve realm priest (who barely started gearing up :/be4 shutdown), or even start on a fresh pve realm there; anyway my biggest hopes are still on crestfall, love the PTE idea and ll be here at release for sure, even if that means significantly lowering my time input to NostelyriusxD

True.Elysium is far from perfect, but they work hard to fix bugs. Mayor problem was low pop. Now, Nost saved Elysium.Thats good thing, when i think about that.Lot of ppl here was spaming "nost shite" these couple of months.And yet, lot of them got "format c:" at the moment of DB release news.I wish them happy gaming and lot of hours at "their" beloved Nost 2.0

I am going to stick with Crestfall. It's developer's attitude to hold themselves and their work to higher standards is exactly what appeals to me. I despise being satisfied with mediocrity and having no patience.

Not really sure what to make of this or why they would choose to team up with Elysium i tried it out didnt seem like a great server. I  played on nost but i wont be going back the feeling is lost most of my friends are back playing legion now. Just have to wait and see how this all plays out I guess. 

7 minutes ago, Aremdor said:

Not really sure what to make of this or why they would choose to team up with Elysium i tried it out didnt seem like a great server.

Cause it shares similar values and its in Russia i guessxD

14 hours ago, Sakritan said:

Finally people can let go. Finally!

Sad part is now we will probably get, in addition to Deceitful, that Alex guy over here too. Some personalities only bring more harm than good. Crestfall community has been so good up to this point, I wonder if this will turn into Reddit/Nost/CC type toxic cesspool now. Its not like our forum mods has taken a very hand on approach thus far. Time will tell I guess, there's a storm coming...

Well written, +1

Never heared of that Deceitful guy until now. I guess the like/dislike ratio on his vids says everything...

Alex did seem hyped about "Nost 2.0", but then he is somewhat of a turncoat.

Also on the topic: the discussions on the forums have been getting gradually more toxic the last several weeks. I have hope. There is a friendly community here and time will most certainly tell!

still bad thing is community spliting over this announcements. I have many folks from ex-nostalrius that join Nostlysium but me with some also stick Crestfall.

Alex is very pro Nost 2.0, he's kinda obsessed by the server. He's always so serious about the Wow scene, both retail and private - I can't decide if this is a passion of his or an unhealthy obsession.

That being said, I like most of his vlogs.

Edited by Sque

8 minutes ago, Sque said:

Alex is very pro Nost 2.0, he's kinda obsessed by the server. He's always so serious about the Wow scene, both retail and private - I can't decide if this is a passion of his or an unhealthy obsession.

That being said, I like most of his vlogs.

Maybe its the fact that I was very late to the nost party but I don't get why people are so obsessed with nost either. As for alex, he's still a useful source of info if you can't be bothered to dig through reddit and other forums. His delivery has also somewhat improved compared to his older videos.

Edited by Lilaina

2 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Maybe its the fact that I was very late to the nost party but I don't get why people are so obsessed with nost either. As for alex, he's still a useful source of info if you can't be bothered to dig through reddit and other forums. His delivery has also somewhat improved compared to his older videos.

Not obsessed with Nost, ppl want their lvl60,  rank14 charrs back.

I've read through the entire post on the Nostalrius forum and it's scary how few people were actually grateful for Nostalrius and thanked them for their effort.

The first 40 pages were literally rants, insults and spam until they realized they'd get their characters back so that they can now proceed to raidlog and sit on the auction house again. Unsurprisingly, most of the people (according to the poll) will still roll a fresh start on the new PvP Server.

I guess Kronos and the older servers will slowly bleed out due to missing influx of new players over time.

Just now, Ayumi said:

I've read through the entire post on the Nostalrius forum and it's scary how few people were actually grateful for Nostalrius and thanked them for their effort.

The first 40 pages were literally rants, insults and spam until they realized they'd get their characters back so that they can now proceed to raidlog and sit on the auction house again. Unsurprisingly, most of the people (according to the poll) will still roll a fresh start on the new PvP Server.

I guess Kronos and the older servers will slowly bleed out due to missing influx of new players over time.

Those polls tell nothing about the real situation, there are over 800k accounts, why should most of them start fresh, it will be pvp > pve > fresh, new server will also die out after a time

28 minutes ago, Oratai said:

still bad thing is community spliting over this announcements. I have many folks from ex-nostalrius that join Nostlysium but me with some also stick Crestfall.

But then again. I think people go to Elysium because its out there to play 'right now'! Alot of people are impatient, and want something to do in the meantime. But once Crestfall releases they'll all be here to try it out for sure. Elysium is no threat to CF, Nost was sort of, Nostlysium isnt.

5 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

As for alex, he's still a useful source of info if you can't be bothered to dig through reddit and other forums. His delivery has also somewhat improved compared to his older videos.

Not to turn this into a bashing thing of an individual or anything but, I never understood why people bothered even watching his vids. He can barely put together a sentence, he says "guys" about 500 times in 5 min. And he's ranting about nonsense most of it. I couldnt bother, but thats just me and my opinion. On top of that we have this whole turncoat thing, VoA, Anti-retail, Legion, Elysium.

Now, Orcbit. Thats a real reviewer! On point, very little ramblings, awesome sexy voice! He's da man!

14 minutes ago, Sallerius said:

Not obsessed with Nost, ppl want their lvl60,  rank14 charrs back.

Lol, just how many rank 14 was there on Nost? :P

Just now, Sakritan said:

Point is in db release.Read nost forums.Ppl raged on nost devs to release db from shutdown day.Theres a ton of lvl60 there.

5 minutes ago, Sakritan said:

Elysium is no threat to CF, Nost was sort of, Nostlysium isnt

Elysium did great job with latest updates.Nost was far from perfect at release.

12 minutes ago, Unnecessery said:

Those polls tell nothing about the real situation, there are over 800k accounts, why should most of them start fresh, it will be pvp > pve > fresh, new server will also die out after a time

Maybe. But the polls are an indicator.

And how many of those 800k accounts have raided / scored high titles in PvP?

A lot of the people were not even 60 and it's probably not that big of a loss for them to start over on a fresh server. A lot of the people want to have the chance to be on par with everyone else again.

Edited by Ayumi

tfw you deleted your r12 paladin out of alcohol induced anger towards blizzard & nost. 

tfw you have to start over again for the 4th time just because you´re an angry drunk

Edited by Cinder
kek

14 minutes ago, Cinder said:

tfw you deleted your r12 paladin out of alcohol induced anger towards blizzard & nost. 

tfw you have to start over again for the 4th time just because you´re an angry drunk

Damn xD I remember beging GMs for purple sets and wepps(who knows, maybe they relaunch one day).Ofc i got none....but to delete charr with ton of hours played.....no xD

35 minutes ago, Sakritan said:

But then again. I think people go to Elysium because its out there to play 'right now'! Alot of people are impatient, and want something to do in the meantime.

There's a post on reddit, not sure how accurate, that these new servers won't be out for four weeks minimum. If that timetable gets bumped, and CF's doesn't, then these two servers will potentially release weeks apart.

CF is unknown and Valkyrie has years of experience under its belt, but CF is PTE and there's no mention of TBC other than 'years away'.

Interesting times ahead.

46 minutes ago, Sakritan said:

But then again. I think people go to Elysium because its out there to play 'right now'! Alot of people are impatient, and want something to do in the meantime. But once Crestfall releases they'll all be here to try it out for sure. Elysium is no threat to CF, Nost was sort of, Nostlysium isnt.

Not to turn this into a bashing thing of an individual or anything but, I never understood why people bothered even watching his vids. He can barely put together a sentence, he says "guys" about 500 times in 5 min. And he's ranting about nonsense most of it. I couldnt bother, but thats just me and my opinion. On top of that we have this whole turncoat thing, VoA, Anti-retail, Legion, Elysium.

Now, Orcbit. Thats a real reviewer! On point, very little ramblings, awesome sexy voice! He's da man!

Yea i also love listening to Orcbit and watching his videos =)
Cool stuff there