Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Nostalrius Announcement Reaction

46 posts in this topic

I'm glad that you took the time to make this and steel our hearts in the midst of the battle.

Solid and promising.

Thank you.

Crestfall team,

Thanks for all your hard work as usual.  although me and some friends have characters we will probably be checking out when all this goes down at nostalysium, we are only doing that until crestfall releases.  we have no doubt that your core and product will be the best out there, and we can't wait to join the community!

Anyone worth their salt knows that if crestfall is as good as it seems it's going to be, that nobody will need to worry about whether the population is solid or not.  people flock to where the quality is at!  

I can't wait on see what's next in the crestfall timeline.  

HNNNNGH love you Darkrasp

but seriously, thanks. The last 2 hours on r/wowservers has been a fucking trainwreck. I will continue waiting patiently for a quality server. 

Edited by cell007

Great of you to make this statement however I think the majority here already believe in this team and the project.

Im over the moon that Nost has taken steps to give their community some hope. Unfortunately for me the shutdown was enough for me to step away from the community that has over time become extreamly toxic.

I wait patiently for updates and have high hopes and nothing but admiration for what you're trying and are achieving here. Keep up the great work, take your time and produce a quality product that's deserving of not only your brand but your tireless work and desire to get things right.

Chop!

Edited by Kulz
English is hard.

At least one thing is solved now, CF doesn't have to worry about server cap at all

So far, you Crestfallen have made a very solid impression, Nost news don't change that. I'll probably visit Elysium to check it out just for my due diligence, but my main focus remains here. I'm old enough now to prefer regular progress reports to shiny hype anyhow.

2 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

We can't change what anyone else does;

Unless you got a Gnomish Mind Control Cap. See ya around :->.

I am not into this whole Nostalrius versus Crestfall "feud", if you even want to call it that.  I am hoping both deliver quality servers and communities.  If anything, I hope Crestfall takes more time developing their project before releasing as we can throw a bit of time at Elysium in the meantime.

I'll probably play on both servers (one faction on each), and see which community/server I like better both in the short-term and long-term.

I just feel appreciative of all projects that are providing us with Vanilla WoW without trying to make a profit and wish everyone well and keep raising the bar.

Yeah. 

I think Crestfall will be the place where I obtain my Atiesh.. I can feel it. 

1 hour ago, Charax said:

I am not into this whole Nostalrius versus Crestfall "feud", if you even want to call it that.  I am hoping both deliver quality servers and communities.  If anything, I hope Crestfall takes more time developing their project before releasing as we can throw a bit of time at Elysium in the meantime.

I'll probably play on both servers (one faction on each), and see which community/server I like better both in the short-term and long-term.

I just feel appreciative of all projects that are providing us with Vanilla WoW without trying to make a profit and wish everyone well and keep raising the bar.

No, indeed, but it's somewhat inevitable that each community will view itself as superior to others, because of the huge emotional investment that comes along with WoW servers, and all that. At the end of the day, it really boils down to the quality of the server, its scripting, etc.. I'm sure that milestones vary, but even after having played on Kronos for a significant amount of time, which reputedly is better scripted than Nostralius, I can say that what flaws the server has really are too much of a compromise for me. From what I've seen CF really seems to stand out in that sense. 

Closed Beta coming Very, Very Soon™, I can feel it!

raylewisdance.gif?w=580

Edited by Chickengrease

10 minutes ago, Heroin said:

No, indeed, but it's somewhat inevitable that each community will view itself as superior to others, because of the huge emotional investment that comes along with WoW servers, and all that. At the end of the day, it really boils down to the quality of the server, its scripting, etc.. I'm sure that milestones vary, but even after having played on Kronos for a significant amount of time, which reputedly is better scripted than Nostralius, I can say that what flaws the server has really are too much of a compromise for me. From what I've seen CF really seems to stand out in that sense. 

Yes, quality is important, but population, service, community, stability and progression plans also matter a lot.

I am not a "rah rah my community is better" guy.  I hope the Vanilla community as a whole benefits with solid server options.

Just now, Charax said:

Yes, quality is important, but population, service, community, stability and progression plans also matter a lot.

I am not a "rah rah my community is better" guy.  I hope the Vanilla community as a whole benefits with solid server options.

Yup, I agree. Was just emphasising what I've experienced as lacking. Ultimately, I see this as a good thing and I hope it translates into even better servers for all us, no matter what community we belong to.

I respect both for what they are doing, and I hope people will see that only thing that matter is that we (players who want to play vanilla WoW) will have place(s) where we can do so, regardless of Blizzard's thinking that "we think that we do, but we don't".

6 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

we can only focus on our own work and let our results speak for themselves.

That's the right mindset.

well the news is great for the Pserver scene in general imo. but this nost deal leaves something crucial un-clarified for the moment, the status of weather they are re adapting the PTE ideas of nost. personally if they do clarify this and state they are adapting a PTE model ill be migrating over there. but for now crestfall has that up on them ;) if i do happen to migrate over there ill certainly come back and check stuff out though! maybe wont make it my "home" however. and regardless of what happens, THANK YOU! guys for all the work you've done and will do. you guys will probably never get the epic amount of respect that you deserve.

12 minutes ago, TheHappyCatstail said:

well the news is great for the Pserver scene in general imo. but this nost deal leaves something crucial un-clarified for the moment, the status of weather they are re adapting the PTE ideas of nost. personally if they do clarify this and state they are adapting a PTE model ill be migrating over there. but for now crestfall has that up on them ;) if i do happen to migrate over there ill certainly come back and check stuff out though! maybe wont make it my "home" however. and regardless of what happens, THANK YOU! guys for all the work you've done and will do. you guys will probably never get the epic amount of respect that you deserve.

happy03.png

At least the good news is there's a much larger fire underneath the pserver dev scene right now, I'm sure it's a great time to be a player. The bad news is it may be in Crestfall's best interest to delay launch to avoid a head-to-head launch with Nost2.0, or even worse, rush an unfinished product to beat them to the post. Nost knows the art of hype and timing well, they rekt Kronos using it. However I don't think the scripting Kronos had over Nostalrius by the time of the launch was substantial enough though to warrant people switching. I would love to see Crestfall succeed where another failed. You already know where the benchmark is set with Nostalrius, you can be sure to set it higher.

In the end I still can't wait to play Crestfall. A server coming back doesn't change what could make Crestfall a lit af experience. Hope to see you in game soon fam. B|

10 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

I would only ask that when we do release, you come and check us out.  I think you'll be very happy with what we're creating here.

Will be there for sure even if i have to come as an undead:)

10 hours ago, Outstanding said:

The future in private wow servers is Crestfall.

(+1) Geez man, ive had this silent hope in my heart since i landed here:$

Well, the next few weeks sure does look interesting. 

Holy fuck your avatar has reached before unseen levels of terrible.