Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Nostalrius Announcement Reaction

46 posts in this topic

When I see one of your developers on stream changing the loottables and changes the droprates to whatever he feels like with comments like "im feeling bad right now, lets make this one real hard for them" and just pulling droprates for questitems out of his magic hat on random.

This is when I get worried.. Shouldnt all this be as retail/blizzlike as possible?

Looking forward to some sort of reply, maybe I have mistaken this whole situation but the whole stream was pretty much him talking to someone else on discord or whatever and coming up with numbers of their own.

I really hope this will be a great server since I really a place for my orc to live. This sort of stuff worries me however.

37 minutes ago, larsy93 said:

When I see one of your developers on stream changing the loottables and changes the droprates to whatever he feels like with comments like "im feeling bad right now, lets make this one real hard for them" and just pulling droprates for questitems out of his magic hat on random.

This is when I get worried.. Shouldnt all this be as retail/blizzlike as possible?

Looking forward to some sort of reply, maybe I have mistaken this whole situation but the whole stream was pretty much him talking to someone else on discord or whatever and coming up with numbers of their own.

I really hope this will be a great server since I really a place for my orc to live. This sort of stuff worries me however.

What the hell are you on about one post wonder?

All the effort going into loot has been exactly to get it as close to blizz as possible, instead of having all the polluted loot tables from parsing websites with skinning giving you herbs and fishing giving you ore.

Furthermore what does this have to do with the topic?

14 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

All the effort going into loot has been exactly to get it as close to blizz as possible, instead of having all the polluted loot tables from parsing websites with skinning giving you herbs and fishing giving you ore.

rekt =D

A few days ago Nostalrius was not important and didn't matter for this project and now we are making posts pleading people to remember "hey, give this server a chance when it comes!"?

Trust me, players will always check out the options on the private scene. This was uneccessary.

31 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

Sorry, didnt mean to be rude, that is what went down on the stream I saw tho, the questitems in barrens/thousand needles were being processed.

4 minutes ago, Cthun said:

A few days ago Nostalrius was not important and didn't matter for this project and now we are making posts pleading people to remember "hey, give this server a chance when it comes!"?

Trust me, players will always check out the options on the private scene. This was uneccessary.

No, @Darkrasp didn't make this thread to give a chance for us to play on other servers or to "allow" us to play other servers.

He made this thread to show they do not fear other servers launching or re-launching or whatever and that besides whatever happens in this project or in another project, they will always respect other projects / devs.
That was really the only reason he made this thread.

Edited by ClawzTheMeow
typos and added stuff

11 minutes ago, larsy93 said:

Sorry, didnt mean to be rude, that is what went down on the stream I saw tho, the questitems in barrens/thousand needles were being processed.

Actually, most values are based on old ones with slight tweaks. The problem is instead of basing off off stuff like Wowhead is like basing your English homework on some work from someone who can't speak the language. It's better for us to look at different places. You also don't see Darkrasp's second monitor where he has discord, more chrome open, sqlyog/heidisql open, and more. It's not all just "Here's a random value, throw it in", it's a "This seems somewhat accurate, and we'll see what players say". We'd rather have lower values than higher values. It's like content. Start with slightly overtuned and nerf it based on that. With us, it's lower values, and up it based on feedback/new information.

tl;dr: He bases it off some of our old data, plush research, and he would rather make something harder to obtain when entirely unsure about it. Prevents issues this way.

No need for that statement mate. Plebs will flock to nost crap as it was in 2015. The masses never seek quality, they seek fast food and the "fashion" items right now. This is why there are so much crap youtube channels with millions of subs and most people wear crap clothes of "high" brands. Stupidity is the defining humanity "quality" the last century.

14 minutes ago, Joyman said:

No need for that statement mate. Plebs will flock to nost crap as it was in 2015. The masses never seek quality, they seek fast food and the "fashion" items right now. This is why there are so much crap youtube channels with millions of subs and most people wear crap clothes of "high" brands. Stupidity is the defining humanity "quality" the last century.

Man i couldn't agree more imo !
i'm Old school tho, i prefer to research and see if something i'm getting into is really out of quality rather than quantity !

12 minutes ago, Joyman said:

No need for that statement mate. 

Are you that ignorant? The more information devs provide and answer more questions, the better.
Also calling competitors crap without any possible comparison is just arrogant and plain dumb, oh i forgot... that's how blind fanboys act :D

When time comes then we can compare both servers and of course decide for ourselves which one is better/ more appealing. 
For now we can try to assist devs in any way we can to accelerate development, instead of throwing turds at each other like dumbass monkeys. 

1 minute ago, Vandalas said:

Are you that ignorant? The more information devs provide and answer more questions, the better.
Also calling competitors crap without any possible comparison is just arrogant and plain dumb, oh i forgot... that's how blind fanboys act :D

When time comes then we can compare both servers and of course decide for ourselves which one is better/ more appealing. 
For now we can try to assist devs in any way we can to accelerate development, instead of throwing turds at each other like dumbass monkeys. 

Yeah, right. I have been to nostrils crap, I have smelled the shit. It was complete stock mangos, except for that more people could play, but it was mostly not code optimization, but main admins were working at OVH, so they got special deal at their vps. Clearly nobody wanted quality, nostrils never even had beta. They came out of the blue when kronos announced when they will launch and moved it exactly one month before Kronos' beta. This was pathetic move, but since the auditory is made of 1min attention spam noobs it paid well. Kronos had beta, which showed issues, they fixed some, but still had some when launched and were ddosed good too. So you tell me, which one was the superior product? Nobody cares, youtube comments were full with - come to nostrils, its great. And sheep flocked. Its happening again. I am bitter, yes, I use hard verbal instruments, because I hate all this crap. Since you look at mostly stock mangos, everything is better. They never had bugtracker, which is pathetic, Kronos had that before launch. Nobody sane would like that crap source code, hack fixed mangos crap. But clearly most pserver devs are not sane, clearly elysium are dead, they had only that straw to pull. Because pserver players' arch nemesis is character auction and cross-faction mounts. I don't like that too, but its not game changing, more I hate stock servers, servers with little to no game masters and no integrity - clearly people forgot the nost drama with gms helping guild do realm firsts. Clearly people forget inflating players numbers on nost at the start - same as warmane. Its so simple, nost showed bots in their videos how they test stability - its so simple to put those bots to inflate numbers. Its not even hard to get bots on your server - you can download that code at ownedcore at any time. Clearly people have so short memory, this is why people always vote for crap politicians which already were compromised. So stop being an ass and think! No self respecting dev or admin should make excuses for that crap server incoming.

2 minutes ago, Joyman said:

Yeah, right. I have been to nostrils crap, I have smelled the shit. It was complete stock mangos, except for that more people could play, but it was mostly not code optimization, but main admins were working at OVH, so they got special deal at their vps. Clearly nobody wanted quality, nostrils never even had beta. They came out of the blue when kronos announced when they will launch and moved it exactly one month before Kronos' beta. This was pathetic move, but since the auditory is made of 1min attention spam noobs it paid well. Kronos had beta, which showed issues, they fixed some, but still had some when launched and were ddosed good too. So you tell me, which one was the superior product? Nobody cares, youtube comments were full with - come to nostrils, its great. And sheep flocked. Its happening again. I am bitter, yes, I use hard verbal instruments, because I hate all this crap. Since you look at mostly stock mangos, everything is better. They never had bugtracker, which is pathetic, Kronos had that before launch. Nobody sane would like that crap source code, hack fixed mangos crap. But clearly most pserver devs are not sane, clearly elysium are dead, they had only that straw to pull. Because pserver players' arch nemesis is character auction and cross-faction mounts. I don't like that too, but its not game changing, more I hate stock servers, servers with little to no game masters and no integrity - clearly people forgot the nost drama with gms helping guild do realm firsts. Clearly people forget inflating players numbers on nost at the start - same as warmane. Its so simple, nost showed bots in their videos how they test stability - its so simple to put those bots to inflate numbers. Its not even hard to get bots on your server - you can download that code at ownedcore at any time. Clearly people have so short memory, this is why people always vote for crap politicians which already were compromised. So stop being an ass and think! No self respecting dev or admin should make excuses for that crap server incoming.

Columns, use damn columns...

You just proved my point about total ignorance blind fanboysm, mate :D

Personally, I don't follow any brand / server name. I look at the whole picture and decide for myself what offer better quality and if crestfall beats competition in quality standards, i'm sure there wont be any issues with population, but as things are now, we can't really compare be cause there is nothing to compare.

Of-topic: Yes i played on both, Nost and Kronos and when it comes to comparison... Nost is better / less molested server and that's a fact, Kronos still probably has broken pets, los trees, water walking mobs, dumb ranged AI and list goes on and on, but that's not the topic of this thread? is it? 

Its called paragraphs. I didn't "prove" anything. I was just reminding people that nost was crap, is crap and will be crap. But that doesn't matter to you anyway. Kronos was superior, more people played on nost crap. Looks like Crestfall will be even more superior, still many will play on nost crap. I am quite fine with that if most of them are those toxic shitheads from the pvp server. Kronos was always superior, sure they used blizzlike hp/armor values and it was easier because of that, sure they had shorter leash with mobs, still it was superior. If you saw their videos, mobs used their skills properly, they freeze you with frost nova and move away to shoot frost bolts.

Second paragraph, I hope you are satisfied. Clearly you are not after quality, you after brand name and satisfaction. This is why we get lower quality products with higher prices - those brands need money for advertising, for marketing and less and less go for research, development and using better materials for the actual product. This is consumer capitalism at its finest. Go listen on Lil'waine new album on your beats by dr dre.

20 minutes ago, Joyman said:

Its called paragraphs. I didn't "prove" anything. I was just reminding people that nost was crap, is crap and will be crap. But that doesn't matter to you anyway. Kronos was superior, more people played on nost crap. Looks like Crestfall will be even more superior, still many will play on nost crap. I am quite fine with that if most of them are those toxic shitheads from the pvp server. Kronos was always superior, sure they used blizzlike hp/armor values and it was easier because of that, sure they had shorter leash with mobs, still it was superior. If you saw their videos, mobs used their skills properly, they freeze you with frost nova and move away to shoot frost bolts.

Second paragraph, I hope you are satisfied. Clearly you are not after quality, you after brand name and satisfaction. This is why we get lower quality products with higher prices - those brands need money for advertising, for marketing and less and less go for research, development and using better materials for the actual product. This is consumer capitalism at its finest. Go listen on Lil'waine new album on your beats by dr dre.

Why can't you be happy with what is being done for the community instead of shittalking every effort made by other projects? It doesn't have to be "every other server is dogshit except mine" mentality, just play ur god damn project and let people play theirs (when it can be played that is). Man sometimes people like you remind me of how similiar Crestfall is to Corecraft: They have new cores because mangos is "bad", are gonna set a new standard of quality, have rampaging fanboys and they are not even beta yet.. More than likely you are found on every new promising project praising them to the sky and bashing on everything else. Why don't you go and develop your own server since everyone is obviously shit at it lol? *End of rant*

Edit: Looks like my post was uneccessary, you have already been called out for the ignorant fanboy you are. We are done here =)

Edited by Cthun

7 minutes ago, Cthun said:

Why can't you be happy with what is being done for the community instead of shittalking every effort made by other projects? It doesn't have to be "every other server is dogshit except mine" mentality, just play ur god damn project and let people play theirs (when it can be played that is). Man sometimes people like you remind me of how similiar Crestfall is to Corecraft: They have new cores because mangos is "bad", are gonna set a new standard of quality, have rampaging fanboys and they are not even beta yet.. More than likely you are found on every new promising project praising them to the sky and bashing on everything else. Why don't you go and develop your own server since everyone is obviously shit at it lol? *End of rant*

Please don't compare Corecraft to Crestfall, Corecraft devs were not motivated anymore and took way way too long to even release an update and that show'd in the end how the project was abandoned.
Crestfall devs are here to stay, they are doing actually a decent work and they are going to release the server / keep working on the project, unlike Corecraft that was simply forgotten/abandoned by the devs.
And i'm not bashing Corecraft, i was waiting for it, i actually love TBC, its my favorite expansion of WoW(not counting vanilla as an expansion, vanilla was my favorite part of the game non-expansion wise point of view) and i really wanted to play on Corecraft, Karazhan FTW.
But unfortenatelly i'll have to wait either for Crestfall to evolve until TBC or a decent server to come out with TBC(can't play on L4G cus its not european and the ping doesn't allow gameplay at all)

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

This is the problem, nothing good comes from it for the community. Because all use that crap mangos we have those bad servers. This is why wotlk is so superior, because all went for trinity core, where all the stuff is happening now. More people develop for it and clearly the core is superior. Mangos has core issues that nobody likes, wants or dares to fix. And because of crap servers as nost nobody dares to develop new server, because why should they work years to produce something good, when some noobs pick stock mangos and go on PR campaign and "trump" the competition. This makes me sick.

Yes, paragraphs, my mistake. English is not my main language.

What are you still on about?:D With Posts like this you just make this thread more and more nonsensical, shit like this just makes community look worse.

Of-topic: After nost went down, a lot of people went to kronos, witnessed that "superior" quality you mentioned and most of them left. My warlock Imp couldn't even attack mobs and just glitched in one place, void path finding was atrocious, some mobs ran on water, people fell thru the ground after blink or charge on some hills, in WC for example ranged mobs just stood and did nothing after LoS pull and list goes on...
Nost had its own issues ofc, but if this is what you call superior quality, i'm sorry but your standards are quite low.

Instead of bickering about nost vs kronos, maybe try to be helpful to crestfall project so it can grow to standards you expect more rapidly? 

Time to realize that fanboy wars just makes whole community look bad and don't accomplish anything whatsoever!

7 minutes ago, Joyman said:

This is the problem, nothing good comes from it for the community. Because all use that crap mangos we have those bad servers. This is why wotlk is so superior, because all went for trinity core, where all the stuff is happening now. More people develop for it and clearly the core is superior. Mangos has core issues that nobody likes, wants or dares to fix. And because of crap servers as nost nobody dares to develop new server, because why should they work years to produce something good, when some noobs pick stock mangos and go on PR campaign and "trump" the competition. This makes me sick.

That's funny... considering all cores are forked from mangos. Trinity does not exist for 1.12 so why bring it up.

Edited by Cthun

Just now, Cthun said:

That's funny.. considering emulation was born from Mangos - TrinityCore originates from mangos.. If it weren't for Mangos, you wouldn't even be able to play on private servers you ignorant fanboy. The reason TrinityCore isn't used for 1.12 is because it doesn't exist, for 1.12 Mangos is the most developed "stock".

This is incorrect information. MaNGOS only came to fruition from a leaked wowd version, which was a derivative for Stormcraft.

You can read up on this history at https://web.archive.org/web/20100905181105/http://www.gotwow.ic.cz/ancient-history/

This thread has turned into a mess of off-topic chat. Locking this thread down.