Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DeeMarie

Nos/Ely PvE Realm Concern

34 posts in this topic
On 11/17/2016 at 2:34 AM, cell007 said:

People are just spoiled as hell, that's all. But I agree with this sentiment. Hell, when I played on VoA's PvE server, back when it was still alive, it had around a 1k population, pretty balanced on both sides - I never had trouble finding groups or seeing people out and about. I'm sure without X-Ream, tons of official Blizzard servers would be completely barren. 

I'd be glad if we could stay afloat at a balanced 1k pop. Ecstatic at 2k. Positively jumping at 3k. :)

With Nost releasing their old PvE realm last, after both the old PvP and fresh PvP, I think a lot of PvEers are turned off my Nost/Ely atm. Not to mention the fact that they refuse to release a fresh PvE server for those that want it. I think the Crestfall PvE will be packed with AT LEAST 3-5k peaks. This will be the only fresh PvE server out for polished Vanilla.

bump

PvE server now releasing on Dec 17th with the old PvP...good or bad for us?

I think it doesn't matter. Quality should win. And on Nost PvE there were almost enough people for two realms. I think the playercount will increase even more with Nost Relaunch and Crestfall launch.

24 minutes ago, Momonn said:

bump

PvE server now releasing on Dec 17th with the old PvP...good or bad for us?

Yeah, I saw that and it's an interesting change of heart. It does make a difference in that the PvE community on Nost were not best pleased with being 'Paddy last' on the realm list. So this will mollify them somewhat. In terms of how it effects us, it will be down to the perception of how the old PvP server progresses. We know that the PvE realm was a copy & paste including bugs. If the old PvP realm still has issues in bringing out a viable and accurate rendition of Naxxramas, then the same thing will come about on the PvE version too.

If Crestfall is clearly demonstrating superior scripting and functionality at that stage, then that will be a deciding factor in turning people away.

It doesn't change the fact that Zul'Dare will be a fresh PvE realm

It doesn't change the fact that Zul'Dare will be PTE

I do feel that the differences in quality (to be confirmed) between Crestfall and other servers are something that will appeal far more to the PvE community.  

13 hours ago, Outstanding said:

I do feel that the differences in quality (to be confirmed) between Crestfall and other servers are something that will appeal far more to the PvE community.  

This

I don't think it matters for Zul'Dare because based on what I've seen, there is more hype around fresh servers. And since Elysium's only fresh server is PvP, players that are PvE inclined are more likely to come here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see whole Nost PvE guilds move to Zul'Dare once released.

On 7.12.2016 at 4:51 AM, Calfuron said:

I don't think it matters for Zul'Dare because based on what I've seen, there is more hype around fresh servers. And since Elysium's only fresh server is PvP, players that are PvE inclined are more likely to come here.

You clearly have not been paying any attention to the hype around the PvE server. The amount of guilds returning has more than doubled and you suddenly have people choosing the PvE server over the fresh server. The hype for the PvE server has increased a lot after the release date was confirmed.

I still belive that the superior product will win, but to say that this does not matter is very naiv considering the position Nostalrius has in the wow private server community. 

@Zunnie Thank you for your insights. Very illuminating. I'll pay more attention to the hype around other servers in the future.

Nost will be absolute fuckfest you will have to fight over each and every mob will be far more players then mobs initially anyways, so lvling via dungeons exclusivly to be realistic. If you ask me I am staying at Crestfall for good, given they let me join beta :x