Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SidJr

Nostely Big new Hype. What will happen to CF now?

114 posts in this topic

I feel like CF will die. Because there won't be any Population. I love this project. What are you guys thoughts on this? And where will you play?

I have experienced Nost at launch, didn't like the fact they delivered unpolished bugged content, stopped playing after 5 min.I am rolling here, I don't swim in mud waters, I like them crystal clean.

Yes! Lets just quit everything and throw in the towels. Elysium is obviously the superior stockmangos ever. Nobody stands a chance. CF died with this announcement, like immediately...

You could clearly see it on Nost forums the second they made the announcement about the source code, everyone was so happy and hyped for it...

9_9

Honestly, it doesn't change a thing for me. Crestfall put out some showcasing of their work, and it looks solid enough in the "Well, fuck me sideways, that actually looks like it works"-sense for me to stick around. Elysium doesn't inspire confidence in me - hell, my browser won't even let me visit their site without ascertaining twice that I really do want it displayed, and am not potentially maliciously misdirected.

Then, even if the team-up between Nost and Elysium works as advertised, they'll be merging player bases from Nost and Valkyrie, so there'll be a lot of 60s already on - no natural evolution of a server community.

I mean, I'll check the server out just because I do not trust second or third parties to give me an un-shilled picture, but it doesn't contest Crestfall as my main squeeze.

Quality will bring people.  If cf is awesome people will come and play.  I think that many will play on the new nost, but the hype will not die for this server which means a lot of people will try the server.  Word will get around about the quality and that quality will determine the pop.

I am very optimistic and hopeful about cf.  Communication, dedication and all around professionalism of the cf team is akin to a company.  All we can do is see what the future holds; in the end it is a great time for the legacy community :).

I have tried to remain neutral on the whole Nost/Elysium thing but after seeing it spammed in and out.. And now it plagues these forums too.. 

Anyway, no, I'm not worried. I'm going to wait for CF so I really hope the devs actually deliver because I'm tired of hopping around and im looking forward to sticking to one realm for a long period of time.  If there's one good thing about the Nost/Elysium return, it's that all the major shitheads in the PS scene will definitely be over there while CF remains relatively peaceful with more levelheaded folk. I'd be just as happy with a humble 900-1k pop. Looking forward to going from Vanilla to Cata.

Edited by cell007

With the influx of popularity comes a high concentration of basement-dwelling cucks and socially inept glow worms who will emphasize the negative qualities of a server in a positive manner, as well as refute the positive qualities of a different server based on their lack of the aforementioned negative qualities. From this dim perspective, spawns cancerous threads such as this one. I ask that you please attempt to breath from your nose, because the dribble from your mouth appears to be falling onto your keyboard, forming what could loosely be described as cognitive thought.

Edited by Bluemoon

My thoughts are Darkrasp's: if you haven't read his reaction to the announcement, please do so. CF will continue to develop, and I'm of the opinion that "If you build it, they will come." 

35 minutes ago, SidJr said:

I feel like CF will die.

It's not even out yet.

Also for the love of god someone from elysium/nost team release the new project name. The two names don't fit  no matter how much people try to cram them together xD

Edited by Lilaina

28 minutes ago, cell007 said:

If there's one good thing about the Nost/Elysium return, it's that all the major shitheads in the PS scene will definitely be over there while CF remains relatively peaceful with more levelheaded folk. I'd be just as happy with a humble 900-1k pop.

This is an aspect that's often overlooked. I mean, sure: If there are too few people to consistently find groups for what you want to do, there's a problem. But having watched how the "hype locusts" impact servers, I'm kind of actually also glad that Nostolysium may have lightning-rodded them. I'd rather have a pool of 500 decent players than 5.000 ego-lemmings.

edit, to clarify: I'd be glad if some/many/most of those 5.000 trickled onto Crestfall over time because of its quality. I just have seen how players, when they're only on a server for a popular person's sake (and the "population" they so bring with them), aren't really that healthy for a server.

Edited by Avila

Just now, Avila said:

This is an aspect that's often overlooked. I mean, sure: If there are too few people to consistently find groups for what you want to do, there's a problem. But having watched how the "hype locusts" impact servers, I'm kind of actually also glad that Nostolysium may have lightning-rodded them. I'd rather have a pool of 500 decent players than 5.000 ego-lemmings.

:S make it stop...

Edited by Lilaina

who said it was over for CF?

it only just begun.

competition breeds quality. as a player and a tester, this is what you want.

unless you forgot the 7 months nost has been gone and you were left with... you know.. the current crop of servers.

no one would've gone to the moon if they all relied on one entity to do it.. let alone Mars... 

things are just heating up in my opinion. (getting spicy)

Edited by imbaslap

6 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

make it stop...

You are too late to save the name! Now you'll hear him - in Hell! Errr, forever!

We have already stated that this will not change our ideals nor change what we are doing. We're still striving for quality over quantity, and we believe that once we're launching the server will speak for itself.

There are also many different audiences for the private server scene. There are ones who want to join the masses, and then there are the ones who want to play for quality. We do believe than quality>quantity here over at CrestFall.

It's a good discussion, and I hope you guys can keep this civil so we won't need to lock it down and/or do a cleanup.

50 minutes ago, SidJr said:

I feel like CF will die. Because there won't be any Population. I love this project. What are you guys thoughts on this? And where will you play?

sorry I don't want to offend you...

nowadays there are no sure things, especially in the private wow community, but there is one sure thing... Crestfall will be the opposite of dead.

Imagine all the people playing playstation 1 because it is released before xmas (everyone will have one for xmas as a gift, or even earlier, right?) but then there will be the playstation 2 right after xmas... I doubt that playstation 2 will not be a top seller.

playstation 1 will serve as a placeholder until next playstation or as nostalgia to "crapier engine", but it is sure that clever kids will ask their parents to get their present a bit late (after xmas)

happy xmas

budge

Nost isn't 'coming back'.

The head admins and devs that made Nost what it was, aren't involved with the project. You'll be getting pretend-nost, run by the same admins and devs who two days ago had a server peaking at ~750 players. The biggest Nost guilds moved on to Kronos 2, and with the nature of the grand 'reopening' you can bet Blizzard will be chasing them down once again, and they've already proved they can and will fold under pressure.

As someone with multiple 60's on Nost PvE, I literally can't understand the hype. It isn't Nost re-releasing. It's the ghost of Nostalrius past.

My hype for Crestfall is undying.

I like high quality. I'm tired of half-assed servers and devs who only push raid fixes.

Best of luck and may Nostlysium players have lots of fun, but I can wait for something worthwhile.

13 minutes ago, Elicas said:

It isn't Nost re-releasing. It's the ghost of Nostalrius past.

hmm... did you just make a hidden Christmas reference?

1 hour ago, SidJr said:

CF won't die. It has (planned); clustering, capped servers, a four month gap between content, no draw distance issues, isn't Mangos, hard raids and PTE. That might be enough to draw the guilds away from their Nostalrius level 60s to a fresh realm, IF the beta can stand up to scrutiny.

What might suffer is the PvE server if we don't gain enough population to make it viable. God I hate pvp but I'll play CF over Nostalysium because the devs here seem decent, not prone to exaggeration (fully scripted raids, really Nos?) and I don't see a high quality content future possible from the Valkyrie devs. (I'm not bashing them, I'm sure it'll be fine just not CF fine)

But the ball is fully in the dev's court now and as much as I'm the one saying 'release when you're ready' I'll also advise 'don't delay too much now'.

22 minutes ago, jonu said:

Keep it civil and on-topic please.

That won't be easy, unfortunately.

Edited by Sque

35 minutes ago, HuMa said:

this server is officialy death, nobody will come to CF when Nost/elysium will have 3 servers and one with fresh start, RIP CF keep developing the server slowpoke mode for another 6 years

Even your avatar complement of what you wrote there and it shows exactly you demand everything from everyone doing nothing. Just want you to know as a nostalrius player since may-june 2015 i can say that many of us before Nost had only Feenix vanila server experience. ANd Nost really was a far better than Feenix still it had its own minuses like:

- overpopulatin that wasnt fixed at all - no server split no closing creation of new accounts;

- guilds that were on the good hand of Nost crew;

- rank+gold selling;

- unbearable lags during peaks;

- ignoring the bug tracker posts (in some cases for almost 6 monthes - feral dru + noggenfogger elixir case).

As for me Nost was a brilliant time of my journey and it helped me to remember my classic retail wow time but still i think nost will not the best when CF comes out. I bet on CF! This is why i stay here!

Edited by Oratai