Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SidJr

Nostely Big new Hype. What will happen to CF now?

114 posts in this topic

Haven't made my mind up, waiting on at least 10 more threads on this to be made before I review them and make my final decision with a dramatic thread of my own. 

Kidding. I'm not going anywhere.

I have some sympathy for Kronos - it extends mostly to the players.

Those players made a commitment to Kronos, got beaten to the punch with the Nost launch and saw only half-decent numbers on the realm with Nost getting all the hype/glory

Then Nost shuts down the server with a big moral flounce and thousands of player flock to Kronos as 'Refugees from Nost' and flood the server QQ'ing about how shite it is

Kronos then offers a second realm to take the heat off, all the while suffering from DDoS attacks 

Time passes and things settle down.

Then Elysium starts off and everyone hops over to an equally average MaANGOS client with months of work involved to resolve basic bugs

Crestfall hypetrain appears prominently in rear view mirror

Now Nost 'returns' by giving papal blessing to Elysium and everyone yet again goes 'see ya'

Admin then seek measures to bribe people to stay and/or make hay while hype sunshine thrives.

If you were a player committed to one server and this stuff happened to you, you'd be pretty pissed by now, regardless of the issues with Kronos 

11 hours ago, Blackrobe said:

Kronos is just a p2w shit, they deserve nothing.. even feeling sorry for em xD

Lie

12 hours ago, Blackrobe said:

Kronos is just a p2w shit, they deserve nothing.. even feeling sorry for em xD

Seriously how old are you? And thats a lie, sellings skins is not P2W.

12 hours ago, cell007 said:

I would feel bad too but right before all this Nost. bullshit,  they had the worst shills and pretty awful community. What goes around..

That community was formed after nost shutdown. Before that Kronos had decent playerbase. The influx of mouth breathers from nost pvp was what killed slowly kronos' community.

For me it's not Nost, this Elysium and he will never be Nost. Of course I shall come to this server for restore my shaman 60lvl. Even may be play (look at server). If i'm lucky to get on CBT or OBT, i will come here, if not, i'm will come here at release (it 100%). Online at server plays a big role for eliteQ and dungeon etc., but if looked forum here gathered good people, and if in the game will also, online will not be a problem (I believe in it)
Start from scratch it's so much fun, especially on the server where everything is working. and finally go through the quests that were broken on all other servers^_^

Sorry for mistakes

Edited by mEm

2 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Kronos then offers a second realm to take the heat off, all the while suffering from DDoS attacks

Then Elysium starts off and everyone hops over to an equally average MaANGOS client with months of work involved to resolve basic bugs

If Elysium don't suffer from DDoS when Nost-abduction is complete, then we'll know who attack KronosxD

Just kidding... :ph34r:¬¬

Edited by Toche

9 minutes ago, Toche said:

If Elysium don't suffer from DDoS when Nost-abduction is complete, then we'll know who attack KronosxD

Just kidding... :ph34r:¬¬

Nah, it is not DDoS, this curves hands xD

Just kidding :D 

I chose Creastfall back in April and I will stick with it, no matter what.

2 hours ago, Sherekhan said:

Lie

Sad but true

1 hour ago, Heradon said:

Seriously how old are you? And thats a lie, sellings skins is not P2W.

Lmfao haha. What a retarded response (btw what my age has to do with it? well, u d probably be surprised but i see no point in arguing with trolls?/kids?/fanboys? choose fer yerself.. u can choose more than one option if ur not sure lel:D). And its funny how u accuse me of lie, saying yer own one. I played there. Have a 60 and few alts. All that shop connected shit is p2w. U can buy caracters officially on the website for real money after buying twinstars (their currency). U can buy mounts. Also u can buy name changes for few stars (really? heh). This only leads to people having abuse each other, ninja looting (was really a plague there), spamming shit everywhere (chats were so spammed there with selling ads that it was really nuisance, especially on /2 and /5 channels though officially its was forbidden there, gm didnt care bout it at all). These are facts, try to negate em..:P (to add a bit oil on flames to all fanboys :D ..also heard bout gms banning people for streaming bugs, not sure if thats is really true but it wouldnt surprise me so much xD cause they seem to care mostly bout shop lel)

53 minutes ago, Toche said:

xD

Nostely Big new Hype. What will happen to CF now?

Hopefully Nostely/Estarius/Nostelium will launch and we'll stop getting this kind of drive-by flame bait.

Crestfall will keep doing its thing, it will attract its audience through quality and good administration.

On topic.

Can we please get some moderation on these topics?

• I don't see what other server drama has to do with Crestfall General discussion.
  • I haven't seen a single one of those topics that doesn't degenerate to ad-hominem and mud-slinging.

Move them to off-topic or lock them.

Or make a catch-all thread and move posts there, this is getting ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

Can we please get some moderation on these topics?

We can, and we will. Still debating on which is the most effective way of doing it. I could simply merge all posts into one big thread, but will that confuse some? Who knows.

1 minute ago, rooted said:

but will that confuse some?

Everyone is confused here xD just merge them.And offtopic section pls

4 hours ago, Outstanding said:

If you were a player committed to one server and this stuff happened to you, you'd be pretty pissed by now, regardless of the issues with Kronos

And now u have situation where Nost shited all over the Elysium players.Nost charrs got priority over Elysium in naming.There wil be ton of Nost R10+ players against Elysium "green" geared pvpers.Elysium players are on hold atm,their progress  is not saved.Big masses got priority...

I started playing wow in the last few months of wotlk, never experiencing vanilla or tbc. The whole thing with the shutting down of nostalrius and the community's passion towards legacy servers made me wanted to try it out, enjoy the "journey" the way wow vets did. So I was eagerly waiting for news of nostalrius' return, even though I had never played there. I've only heard of crestfall recently and I admit I  like the idea of a blizzlike server progressing through vanilla, tbc, wotlk and so on... I wasn't sure if I should roll with crestfall or wait for nost2.0, until nost's announcement of handing over the code to elysium first. The community backlash I've seen on nost forums and what people said about elysium in general kinda gave me the feeling that it won't be as great as I expect it to be, and I sure don't want to play on a server with lots of bugs. So I decided to create my account here, hoping to experience how wow really felt like on a quality server. I hope many others also choose crestfall so we can have a large (and hopefully mature) community here.

Edited by Quantus

Hope yer hopes ll come true:$

15 minutes ago, Sallerius said:

And now u have situation where Nost shited all over the Elysium players.Nost charrs got priority over Elysium in naming.There wil be ton of Nost R10+ players against Elysium "green" geared pvpers.Elysium players are on hold atm,their progress  is not saved.Big masses got priority...

U r right. But big masses are most important for smooth gameplay and i believe its best solution to Elysium clinging to Nost. If they released new Nost server, Elysium (and all other servers) would be probably even more dead than now. Im not commited to Elysium myself (and never was, just think its best option from all bad stuff currently available) so though im partly (got 60 on Elysium) in same boat, im excited with that change. But u maybe be right indeed, real committed people maybe feel bad bout it, preferring to stay on their server having even less pop than they do now. But thats is a risk of playing on pservers, and everyone should be aware of this.

6 hours ago, Outstanding said:

I have some sympathy for Kronos - it extends mostly to the players.

Those players made a commitment to Kronos, got beaten to the punch with the Nost launch and saw only half-decent numbers on the realm with Nost getting all the hype/glory

Then Nost shuts down the server with a big moral flounce and thousands of player flock to Kronos as 'Refugees from Nost' and flood the server QQ'ing about how shite it is

Crestfall hypetrain appears prominently in rear view mirror

Now Nost 'returns' by giving papal blessing to Elysium and everyone yet again goes 'see ya'

Admin then seek measures to bribe people to stay and/or make hay while hype sunshine thrives.

Will you write a book? if you ever do, pls tell me i'll read it till the end.
I love your big posts bro heheheh xD

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

I chose Creastfall back in April and I will stick with it, no matter what.

I only joined CF in September and like i said before i'm here for the full ride, hell yeah baby !
Super hyped for CF and super tired of Mangos-like servers.

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

I started playing wow in the last few months of wotlk, never experiencing vanilla or tbc. The whole thing with the shutting down of nostalrius and the community's passion towards legacy servers made me wanted to try it out, enjoy the "journey" the way wow vets did. So I was eagerly waiting for news of nostalrius' return, even though I had never played there. I've only heard of crestfall recently and I admit I  liked the idea of a blizzlike server progressing through vanilla, tbc, wotlk and so on... I wasn't sure if I should roll with crestfall or wait for nost2.0, until nost's announcement of handing over the code to elysium first. The community backlash I've seen on nost forums and what people said about elysium in general kinda gave me the feeling that it won't be as great as I expect it to be, and I sure don't want to play on a server with lots of bugs. So I decided to create my account here, hoping to experience how wow really felt like on a quality server. I hope many other people also choose crestfall so we can have a large (and hopefully mature) community here.

My friend every server has bugs, CF will not be an exception, the thing that really matters is you playing on a server you really enjoy and have the most fun out of.
So the best you can really do is trying out "Nost 2.0" and Crestfall and see which one gives you the most pleasure out of your game time.

Kisses and hugs for everyone!
Much peace!

Edited by ClawzTheMeow
typos

2 hours ago, Blackrobe said:

Hope yer hopes ll come true:$

U r right. But big masses are most important for smooth gameplay and i believe its best solution to Elysium clinging to Nost. If they released new Nost server, Elysium (and all other servers) would be probably even more dead than now. Im not commited to Elysium myself (and never was, just think its best option from all bad stuff currently available) so though im partly (got 60 on Elysium) in same boat, im excited with that change. But u maybe be right indeed, real committed people maybe feel bad bout it, preferring to stay on their server having even less pop than they do now. But thats is a risk of playing on pservers, and everyone should be aware of this.

Well im glad Nost is back.Only that DB release thing is going on my nerves.Ppl who shited all over the place about Elysium will jump in on big doors.If Elysium devs made 3 realms(elysium,pve-nost,pvp-nost) u can figure where pop will go.Either way Nost crowd(same one that did 40 pages of cursing Nost devs for merging with Elysium)win.Im not some Elysium fanboy(lvl40+ charr there), but cant ignore when ppl talk outdated info about that server.For me, i know where i will be.Here, checking every day for new updates from these ppl here.

there is nothing worse than single minded peeps who see a lot promising words and are instantly hooked up 100% (which is 90% of people I saw on this forum)

omg you people act like everything that the crestfall staff promised has already happened :D

2 minutes ago, bigtrumps said:

there is nothing worse than single minded peeps who see a lot promising words and are instantly hooked up 100% (which is 90% of people I saw on this forum)

omg you people act like everything that the crestfall staff promised has already happened :D

Your point being?

3 minutes ago, bigtrumps said:

Sure stuff didn't happen yet, but at least they are very professional, polite and organized, u can't say the same about most P-server projects out there tho.
So in the end you'll prefer a project like this than a project like Kronos for example, where Lag and bugs rein and their communication is really really awful.

4 hours ago, Blackrobe said:

Sad but true

Lmfao haha. What a retarded response (btw what my age has to do with it? well, u d probably be surprised but i see no point in arguing with trolls?/kids?/fanboys? choose fer yerself.. u can choose more than one option if ur not sure lel:D). And its funny how u accuse me of lie, saying yer own one. I played there. Have a 60 and few alts. All that shop connected shit is p2w. U can buy caracters officially on the website for real money after buying twinstars (their currency). U can buy mounts. Also u can buy name changes for few stars (really? heh). This only leads to people having abuse each other, ninja looting (was really a plague there), spamming shit everywhere (chats were so spammed there with selling ads that it was really nuisance, especially on /2 and /5 channels though officially its was forbidden there, gm didnt care bout it at all). These are facts, try to negate em..:P (to add a bit oil on flames to all fanboys :D ..also heard bout gms banning people for streaming bugs, not sure if thats is really true but it wouldnt surprise me so much xD cause they seem to care mostly bout shop lel)

xD

Because you are being immature. Just look at your language and smileys... You are saying its P2W, how does buying mounts make you win? Yeah it's sad that Kronos is cool with people selling characters and renaming. But there will always be people selling level 60's and trading them.  Anyway selling skins and mounts is not P2W.

@Quantus welcome to Crestfall! I'd suggest avoiding this thread and others like it (they're pure speculation, which brings out the worst in some folks). So far the majority of the community has been positive and helpful—there are already some great guides in the class forums, and as you can see from the developer updates the staff here seems to have their shit together. Hope to see you in game in a few months!

1 hour ago, Heradon said:

Because you are being immature. Just look at your language and smileys... You are saying its P2W, how does buying mounts make you win? Yeah it's sad that Kronos is cool with people selling characters and renaming. But there will always be people selling level 60's and trading them.  Anyway selling skins and mounts is not P2W.

Yea, im being immature cause of language and smileys (geez really?:ph34r:) xD

Congrats, u really speak for yourself, thus no need in addressing u anymore and spamming off topic.

There's no contest for me if I'm getting my characters back. If even the server turns out to be shit; I've too much invested to start over if I don't have to. Hopefully Elysium, after it starts integrating Nost code and talent, will be up to par. I'd be more worried about CF now, which doesn't have anything going for it now except faith. While it is true everyone dumped prior servers for Nost, starting over for the sake of quality, can you count on this to occur again? CF might only be slightly better than Elys, making it difficult for players to want to reroll yet again, unless everyone is already doing it too. We'll have to see how Elysium turns out. I think things will be up to them first, and whether or not they handle their launch well. If it's one big disaster trying to import and merge accounts; players will be less encouraged to stay. Many of us might not even get accounts back. I damn sure won't stay on it if I don't get mine back, as I'd then be rolling new vs everyone from the same prior server as me, who got to keep their shit.