Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 11/7/2016

56 posts in this topic
On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Devair said:

not out yet man

so beta is out? 

Exciting stuff as always!

Really digging the effort you guys are putting in to working out all the bugs and stuff.

To see that you guys are still motivated after the Nost announcement is really cool. Everybody is waiting on crestfall to open! I was still waiting when I was on K2 (which is dead now), and i'll be still waiting when i'll be back on Nost. We all know you're creating something better here. Thanks for the dedication

On 2016-11-07 at 10:56 AM, Darkrasp said:

We also worked out correct formulae for rage generation, finding a number of errors with it again both in our core and the stock MaNGOS.  It looks like many cores are using the updated TBC formulae for rage granted by damage dealt, giving a fairly significant multiplier to rage generation.  Similarly, they are awarding rage for damage taken from sources that shouldn't generate rage at all.  While this won't matter on many encounters, on certain ones it will make a very big difference.  Warriors should find themselves rage starved a lot more frequently than they currently do when these corrections are implemented.

Could we get an example of damage taken from sources that shouldn't generate rage? Like dots or we talking very small amounts of damage like ret aura?

I notice rage generation on kronos2 was pretty low for both dealing and taking damage when compared to other servers I've played on like emerald dream, nost, etc. Will crestfall have similar values to kronos? Also I was under the impression that vanilla had better rage generation than tbc but this is just from old vanilla/tbc videos I've watched. I didn't play till tbc but I've heard from others that tbc lowered rage generation somehow.

On 11/19/2016 at 4:55 AM, CanadianSniper said:

Could we get an example of damage taken from sources that shouldn't generate rage? Like dots or we talking very small amounts of damage like ret aura?

I notice rage generation on kronos2 was pretty low for both dealing and taking damage when compared to other servers I've played on like emerald dream, nost, etc. Will crestfall have similar values to kronos? Also I was under the impression that vanilla had better rage generation than tbc but this is just from old vanilla/tbc videos I've watched. I didn't play till tbc but I've heard from others that tbc lowered rage generation somehow.

check out the ironfoe thread.. and you'll see. :)