Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Asura

Project Update - November 8th, 2016 - BETA release!

147 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

It's expected that the first batch of minions for Beta will be class leaders. So if you have a demonstrable experience in say, Paladins, you've a good shot of getting in.

Much will depend on the layout of the webform.

Still think anyone should put their name forwards as a gesture of intent.

I'm absolute garbage at everything, so there goes my testing lol

Edit: I think I'll still apply though.

Edited by ilovecats

25 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

It's expected that the first batch of minions for Beta will be class leaders. So if you have a demonstrable experience in say, Paladins, you've a good shot of getting in.

Much will depend on the layout of the webform.

Still think anyone should put their name forwards as a gesture of intent.

Not got much experience with trackers and bug testing sadly. I'd still apply I reckon. Hopefully I can stumble my way into some fixes lol

I have a talent for breaking things - I could get some serious bugs the attention they need, lmao

pick meeeeee :x

Just my two cents but if the developers are smart, and I know they are, they will allow veteran testers in addition to newer folks to step into the closed beta. The principal is the same as hiring new folks at a job - a fresh pair of eyes is most always welcomed. Humans for the most part get accustomed to certain things, especially when the task(s) become repetitive, something that seems common to some may seem odd to someone else which at the very least could warrant a quick looking into. Of course, we want those who have in depth experience to make up the majority, but what I've suggested shouldn't hurt.

Regards,

Statin

Is there an Eta when we can test our latency to the proxy servers ?

2 hours ago, Statin said:

Just my two cents but if the developers are smart, and I know they are, they will allow veteran testers in addition to newer folks to step into the closed beta. The principal is the same as hiring new folks at a job - a fresh pair of eyes is most always welcomed. Humans for the most part get accustomed to certain things, especially when the task(s) become repetitive, something that seems common to some may seem odd to someone else which at the very least could warrant a quick looking into. Of course, we want those who have in depth experience to make up the majority, but what I've suggested shouldn't hurt.

Regards,

Statin

I'm sure they'll do that too. The initial class group will almost certainly get added to as closed beta continues torwards open beta. That's why putting your hand up at the start will be important.

9 hours ago, ilovecats said:

I wonder what the tester requirements are going to be. I have no idea of how the more complicated stuff should work.

You need to have at least 1275 posts, written at least 4 guides and written over 10,000 words on the forum.

45 minutes ago, Elicas said:

You need to have at least 1275 posts, written at least 4 guides and written over 10,000 words on the forum.

Corruption+-+Wake+up.jpg

Essentially, only Elicas is getting in on Closed Beta. FML

11 minutes ago, cell007 said:

Essentially, only Elicas is getting in on Closed Beta. FML

Imma start writing 50 posts a day to overtake him by Christmas :D

You really shouldn't write yourselves out of the testing program. Testers really don't need to be good at the game. In fact some of the best testing comes from idiots doing things that people didn't expect them to do. I used to give my programs to complete idiots they are the best people to test systems in some instances not people that know what they're doing!

Just apply and see what happens, we already know that Crestfall devs will do their best to include everyone they can. They will no doubt increase the flow of numbers as bugs get crushed. Whatever they choose it's for our own good.

- Chop

30 minutes ago, Xardasalex said:

will we have our characters wiped after open beta?

Yep. Beta is for finding bugs, not for getting a head start. 

Hi community ! Do you know when the beta will be officially opened? I do not think I have the tallents to be effective in beta :/

Edited by Akyoo
forgot welcome to community :'(

19 hours ago, Akyoo said:

Hi community ! Do you know when the beta will be officially opened? I do not think I have the tallents to be effective in beta :/

Closed beta begins on the 26th December. Open beta and PTR do not yet have release dates.

I'm coming from Nostralius, i have heard a lot of hype for Crestfall and I am hoping to have my Vanilla appetite sated. Is there any news as to what gives us entry into the closed beta? or will people be randomly selected.

27 minutes ago, Pestilence said:

I'm coming from Nostralius, i have heard a lot of hype for Crestfall and I am hoping to have my Vanilla appetite sated. Is there any news as to what gives us entry into the closed beta? or will people be randomly selected.

Afaik there will be an application form posted on the forums start of December with areas of the game the devs are interested in testing outlined.

Players that want to participate will fill it and a selection will be made according to what the focus on testing is at the beginning, with more players being added gradually.

I don't think it's going to be random, at least not for the initial waves of testers.

/cry give me that server!!!

I feel like one of those persons waiting outside a store to open when a new expansion is released...

You guys are teasing me!

Greetings,

I'm quite enthusiastic about Crestfall. From the looks of it, the Dev team is doing a nice, thorough job and putting plenty of effort into it.
I've been playing WoW for 11 year now, seen pretty much everything (of both the game and the players) and had one server that felt like my 2nd home. What I want most, is to have that feeling of a strong community once again.
So here's to a great start for everyone! :)

Xantros