Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Renew

[AddOn] EzPoison - Rogue Poison helper

Hey guys, let me intruduce me my newest addon: EzPoison.

I made this for a friend and wanto to share it with you. It might be handy for rogues :)

EzPoison

What does it do?

EzPoison allows you to assign poisons on your Main- and Offhand. It will show you if the poison is applied on the weapon and will reapply it on click, over macro or by keybinds.

Features

- uses automatically the highest rank of poison in your bag

- 7 edditable profiles for all kind of situations

- spamable keybind/macro to apply the assigned poisons

- compatible with fubar

- shows number of poisons in your bag

- shows charges in original buff frame

Macros

/ezpoison - to show/hide the window

/ezpoison apply - reapply the assigned poisons

/ezpoison profile [number] - set a profile

/ezpoison scale - set the window scaling (between 0.5 and 2)

Known Bugs

- if you edit a profile name: restart or reload is req. to see the new name in the dropdown

Media

LrDLpWF.png iium2ID.png

Download

https://github.com/Voidmenull/EzPoison

Pls report bugs or your suggestions in this thread :)

Edited by Renew

This is pretty neat man. I'll alt rogue on CF later on so I'll definitely try this out. 

Update to Version 1.1

- added a display to show the number of poisons in your bag: M0JZtYx.png

- removed the profile chat message

- added a display to show charges of your poison to original buff frame (if you dont use any addon for that)

- added dropbox download link

Update to Version 1.2

- crippling poison I and crippling poison II are seperate poisons now
- profile buttons are hiding automatically now

Edited by Renew

tried the add-on for a while and it's great, although i get these errors when i hover over the poison symbols (not when i click them): 

Count: 2
Error: Interface\AddOns\EzPoison\EzPoison.lua:204: attempt to concatenate field `?' (a nil value)
--------------------------------------------------
Count: 4
Error: Interface\AddOns\EzPoison\EzPoison.lua:279: attempt to concatenate field `?' (a nil value)

it still works just fine so it's not a big deal though.

3 minutes ago, Sicarius said:

tried the add-on for a while and it's great, although i get these errors when i hover over the poison symbols (not when i click them): 

Count: 2
Error: Interface\AddOns\EzPoison\EzPoison.lua:204: attempt to concatenate field `?' (a nil value)
--------------------------------------------------
Count: 4
Error: Interface\AddOns\EzPoison\EzPoison.lua:279: attempt to concatenate field `?' (a nil value)

it still works just fine so it's not a big deal though.

thx for the report - this should be only a problem for crippling poisons

i fixed it, feel free to update :)

4 hours ago, Renew said:

thx for the report - this should be only a problem for crippling poisons

i fixed it, feel free to update :)

that's right, only for crippling. i still get the same errors though!

16 minutes ago, Sicarius said:

that's right, only for crippling. i still get the same errors though!

can you update again and test? somehow i cant reproduce the bug :/

On 21. november 2016 at 10:52 PM, Renew said:

can you update again and test? somehow i cant reproduce the bug :/

tried it again. now i only get this error:

Count: Infinite
Error: Interface\AddOns\EzPoison\EzPoison.lua:706: attempt to index field `?' (a number value)

Edited by Sicarius

1 hour ago, Sicarius said:

tried it again. now i only get this error:

Count: Infinite
Error: Interface\AddOns\EzPoison\EzPoison.lua:706: attempt to index field `?' (a number value)

you updated to fast xD pls try the current version...its rly strange that i cant reproduce the bug even its clear what the error is...

edit: if you still get the bug with the current version i will build in filter so you wont get errors but you will not able to see the tooltip for the crip poison

Edited by Renew

Hey,

Just tested your AddOn, it's really nice. Haven't had time to test it thoroughly, but didn't encounter the LUA errors mentioned above.

One request / suggestion of mine would be to be able to take the two icons of your AddOn and put them on actions bars as if they were actual spells / items. Don't know if t's doable easily or not, but that's something that I'd like. If it isn't doable, a workaround could be to remove the border around them, so that one could scale the icons right and they could virtually be two regular actions buttons.

Another thing would be to add a key bind / macro to cycle through your profiles, rather than / in addition to the current options of having a particular key bind to chose a given profile.

Thanks again for your work :).

Hey,

Just a bug I found out and another suggestion.

The minimap button position is reset to default every time I log off. No ALt-F4 or anything, other AddOns save properly etc. I use CMap.

Also, sometime when you see your poison has almost no charges or timeleft you want to refresh it, even if it hasn't faded yet, but you can't. Would be nice to make the "Auto apply poisons" function either editable so that you could define minimum amounts of time left / charges left that would allow it to re-apply poisons, or just make it always able to erase old poisons without checking, or maybe a separate "Force poisons applications" or whatever button that would do that.

Thank you for your work, regardless of those bugs or wanted features I currently use your AddOn and like it.

so this is one bug and one suggestion :D

will do some fixes when im done with my debuff addon :)

thx for the report!

Edited by Renew