Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shimmerskin

Let's pretend Warriors don't exist. How would you Raid?

32 posts in this topic

Let's have some fun. 

Warriors don't exist, you want to raid.. how do you do it? How painful will it be? 

Horde have Druid and Shaman who can maybe off tank.

Alliance have Druid and Paladin. 

There are no fury/arms warrior either.

Would you use Warlocks? 

The main thing we can have fun discussing is which faction would do better without warrior. 

This is what we've resorted too on the dirge of decent vanilla servers!! 

4 minutes ago, Lemonfreezer said:

Lets pretend WoW didn't exist... Where would your life be right now?

There are a lot of people on the Nost forums I'd like to ask that to on the daily. 

if the warrior class had never been implemented by blizzard, then rogues and hunters would still be able to use bucklers, and both would probably have some sort of offtanking mechanic (e.g. evasion / deterrence).

paladins and druids on the other hand would make up the frontline. blizzard intended for paladins to be frontline supports with decent melee damage, tanking and offtanking with support spells like freedom, bop and heals. that players would stick them in the back of the raid wearing mostly cloth never occured to them. the paladin prot tree would also have been reworked a little bit, not much bc honestly the tree is pretty solid in terms of paladin-themed spells. same with feral. similar to the armor/dodge/threat talents you find in the tree blizzard could have easily added/changed 1-2 more to make for good feral tanks.

the warrior class is a standard and sought after class in almost every rpg. wether it be rogues with bucklers, or paladins stacking str/stam and hardly healing, youd find people playing outside their class intended range to fill their vision of the warrior archetype.

Alliance, for sure. But I can't imagine a world without warriors...too scary a place.

I think he rather meant it from a perspective of the warrior class being disabled rather than non-existent/never implemented. 

I've made too many warriors to be able to even pretend they don't exist. sorry. can't do it.

Let's pretend Warriors don't exist. How would you Raid?

We wouldn't be whining about incorrect rage gen and OP melee damage on Mangos servers. :P

Many people here should not think about that question too much.. you might have a crisis... 

2 hours ago, Lemonfreezer said:

I meant to quote this

Then druids would be next in line for MT spot on both sides right? If Shamans and Paladins would've covered the OT for each faction, then blizz would probably have reworked them abit more mid vanilla, shamans especially. And then the occasional warlock too xD

But if nothing is changed, just 1.12.1 minus warriors, then raid MT would be druids i'd think.

I would tank with my turtle pet, and get an extra healer in my party to fill  the tanks spot.

win

Man this thread just gave me the idea of a server where there is only one class, Druid.

Balance for Ranged DPS, Feral for Melee DPS/Tank, Restro for Healer!

I forget what expac it was (prolly not vanilla), but I seem to remember a guild that was all pallys (dunno how they handled the whole no rdps thing), and I think there was another guild that was all Druids.

i would totally be down for doing that if 1-60 was easier, but you don't make another max level character just for shits and giggles unless you're playing 4.0+

4 hours ago, Keter said:

i would totally be down for doing that if 1-60 was easier, but you don't make another max level character just for shits and giggles unless you're playing 4.0+

Was actively raiding on 3 max level chars o Kronos last year, it's easily doable pre 4.0.

7 minutes ago, Shimmerskin said:

I wonder if I'll inspire any no Warrior guilds..

If one emerges I'd love to see the raid vids, either for tips or for lulz.

On 11. 11. 2016 at 7:10 PM, Lemonfreezer said:

I'd be playing so many cool games.

On 11/12/2016 at 9:07 AM, Shimmerskin said:

I wonder if I'll inspire any no Warrior guilds..

I seem to recall a guild on Nost that tried to only use paladin tanks......I think it failed spectacularly.