Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Planks

Soloing as Resto Druid

Almost all raiding druids are going to be forced to play Resto. So what are peoples thoughts on soloing content? Such as Grinding mats and Rep, Pvp and questing.

Respecing every time isn't viable.

I guess carrying a feral gear set and using kitty/bear with our Resto talents?

Thoughts?

I havn't done much high level druid stuff but I was under the impression that balance was sub par compared with feral. I could be wrong.

Your right though caster dps gear would be more optimal.

Since nobody else has answered you yet, you get to enjoy my (hopefully not too inaccurate) thoughts on this subject. Disclaimer: I have no real extensive experience as a Druid at 60 in Vanilla.

You have 3 or 4 different ways you can approach this, depending on your spec and if you want to carry around an extra set of gear (+spellpower/nature damage or feral str/agi gear sets).

Personally I think keeping even a rudimentary Feral set is better than using Resto gear or Caster DPS gear for farming at 60, even with a full Resto spec such as:

Deep Resto 7/0/44 or a more PvP-oriented Swiftmend Resto spec like 7/13/31.

If you're 24/0/27 Moonglow Resto spec, then I would say that spec is best with Caster DPS gear or your Resto gear as you have some caster dps talents that you may aswell utilize if you don't have feral gear.

If you want to keep both Resto and Feral gear sets, then you could use a Feral/Nature's Swiftness spec - 0/30/21. Lets you retain your ability to PvP, farm, quest and even comes with 20% more intellect which offsets your lack of deeper Resto talents a little bit. In my completely uneducated opinion, this is the most optimal 'hybrid' spec that lets you be both a healer and dps at your own convenience.

If you don't want to carry around any extra sets of gear as a Deep Resto druid, then just find a friend and farm as a duo.

Edited by Malediction