Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 11/14/2016

32 posts in this topic

I just noticed that the reddit post about the latest Darkrasp update is getting downvoted quite alot. Earlier today it had 36 upvotes, now its on 26 as I write this.

Anyway. Nice work with the procs research guys!

You guys are killing it.  I know you can't see most of this because I'm hiding the posts to keep the thread tidy, but there has been a lot of great work here.

As far as the stuff Devair came up with, I agree that private server data is questionable here.  I have no idea where they got those numbers from, but many of them look reasonable.  Once I get my list compiled, it'll be good as a basis for comparison to flag procs with a vastly different percentage for further research.  Even if we can't use those numbers directly, it's still a nice find.

Also, yeah, we're going to get downvoted a lot.  No shortage of haters on the internet.  We just keep doing our thing.  :D

4 hours ago, Sakritan said:

I just noticed that the reddit post about the latest Darkrasp update is getting downvoted quite alot. Earlier today it had 36 upvotes, now its on 26 as I write this.

Anyway. Nice work with the procs research guys!

That's not how reddit works.

It always adds a rather large percentage of fake upvotes to posts while they are trending upwards, which are then removed later. Feel free to confirm that yourself on any posts that are past their "peak" on reddit. (i.e check the vote count on anything recently posted on the top of r/all now, and then again in 10hours). Usually the fake votes represent ~40% of the votes on any new posts.

21 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

You guys are killing it.  I know you can't see most of this because I'm hiding the posts to keep the thread tidy, but there has been a lot of great work here.

As far as the stuff Devair came up with, I agree that private server data is questionable here.  I have no idea where they got those numbers from, but many of them look reasonable.  Once I get my list compiled, it'll be good as a basis for comparison to flag procs with a vastly different percentage for further research.  Even if we can't use those numbers directly, it's still a nice find.

Also, yeah, we're going to get downvoted a lot.  No shortage of haters on the internet.  We just keep doing our thing.  :D

TrueWoW's data is the WotLK versions of the items.

4 hours ago, Roadblock said:

TrueWoW's data is the WotLK versions of the items.

And they likely aren't accurate for WotLK either if I had to guess.

1 hour ago, maronics said:

Source: Soyoen's Rogue spreadsheet

Emerald Dragonfang - 4%

Modelled from the Perdition's Blade procdps.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070513203306/http://www.thottbot.com/i18816

So I just ran my first raid after obtaining this wonderful dagger.  Figured I'd come and report on how often i experienced the proc occuring. 

Over a period of 100 minutes in combat, it procced 280 times, doing an average of 48 dmg.  So that's a 2.8 proc/min  proc rate.  Of those 280 procs, it missed 21 times (7.5% miss rate).  So it hit with a rate of 2.59 hits/min.  At an average of 48 dmg, that's (48 dmg/hit) x (2.59 hits/min) = 124.3 dmg/min.  (124.3 dmg/min)/(60 sec/min) = 2.07 dmg/sec.

So essentially the proc adds an extra (approx) 2 dps to the weapon, making the dagger have an overall 60.3 dps.  (Note: this does not take into account any resists to the fire damage.)

In case you were wondering, I used the Recap addon for these stats.

You'll have a harder time to find information about the proc rate of this one, the only thing you really need to ask yourself is where you'd want the procdps to be [2, 6dps] and then model it.