Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rocck

Alexensual Addon Pack

66 posts in this topic
31 minutes ago, Crowley said:

This guy will literally do anything to get more views on his page.   With him it's never been about substance or any real conviction.  He will flip-flop and hop to whatever is trending in the world of WOW. That may appeal to some people but I refuse to be on the same server as him, wherever that may be.

Probably because my channel is based on.. World of Warcraft? Of course I am going to talk about World of Warcraft. For new people viewing this thread, this thread was posted by someone just posting a link to an addons video. I think you can see the general consensus of the maturity levels of some people here.

17 minutes ago, Alexensual said:

Probably because my channel is based on.. World of Warcraft? Of course I am going to talk about World of Warcraft. For new people viewing this thread, this thread was posted by someone just posting a link to an addons video. I think you can see the general consensus of the maturity levels of some people here.

Hi Alex. You have to admit that you divide opinion. When I was looking up your video link on the Nost2 release which received over 150k views (well done), but you can see that 1900 people liked it and 1100 people didn't. So you can't be that surprised that opinion would be divided here too. I'm pretty confident that you've developed a thick skin over the last few months, but all I would ask is that when you do a review of Crestfall (say open Beta) that you are objective, as I'm sure you will be.

Otherwise I hope you enjoy your time on Nost ReBirth, assuming we get the PvE realm at *some* stage. I'll definitely give you a hug if you roll a toon here, sometimes I think you need one.

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

This guy will literally do anything to get more views on his page.   With him it's never been about substance or any real conviction.  He will flip-flop and hop to whatever is trending in the world of WOW. That may appeal to some people but I refuse to be on the same server as him, wherever that may be.

He is the facebook news of vanilla wow, the ones you click not for enlightenment but because it's amusing.

True. I almost feel bad for you.. if the content you produced weren't so awful.

Edited by Cthun

1 hour ago, Alexensual said:

I've seen you in action in World chat so I wouldn't come in here questioning people's maturity level.  

4 hours ago, Cthun said:

no veteran player takes this Alex guy sersly, he's just riding on the vanilla hype trying to be relevant.

No, I'm pretty sure he's trying to be irrelevant. That's why people make YouTube channels, to post irrelevant videos and get as few views as possible...

3 hours ago, Cinder said:

but he's fucking trash at the game and nobody should take his advice seriously. 

I'm pretty sure that he's a mediocre player or better. I'm trash at this game, my highest level character is 28. And I find his videos relevant and useful. I just don't understand this bias against him. Look at the previous comments, bad argumentation all-around, no real examples provided of his "evil deeds". A video of him dying in a PvP - so??? To me it seems like you guys just want to trash talk.

@Disziple @Smirre

there-is-no-need-to-be-upset.gif

Alexensual himself said he doesn't care what people think about him and honestly, I can respect him at least for that- why do you seem to care so much as to what people on these forums think, lmao

@Rocck Once again, I apologize for people, including myself, continuing to go off-topic on your thread. Some people can't fathom that not every Private Server Youtuber is loved.

Edited by cell007
edit to apologize to OP for the fucktardedness that ensued on his thread

7 minutes ago, cell007 said:

Alexensual himself said he doesn't care what people think about him - why do you seem to care so much as to what people on these forums think, lmao

Why do you care that people care so much?

The way people think influences the way they behave. The way people behave influences the people around them. Trash talking people is generally a negative practice in social groups.

While it is unlikely that encouraging better communication will be successful on an open internet forum; I can understand why people who want to spend time here would like to discourage negative behavior. 

35 minutes ago, JonDoh said:

Why do you care that people care so much?

The way people think influences the way they behave. The way people behave influences the people around them. Trash talking people is generally a negative practice in social groups.

While it is unlikely that encouraging better communication will be successful on an open internet forum; I can understand why people who want to spend time here would like to discourage negative behavior. 

lol I don't - it's just amusing to see why they get so upset about people on CF not liking him if he's generally disliked on a majority of groups dedicated to private servers. It's definitely nothing new or unique to CF. Besides, most people who dislike Alexensual came up with their opinions on their own. As they should. If you like him, fine. If you don't, fine. It's just silly to keep trying to defend him when a) he doesn't need defending - he's a grown man, he can do it himself and b) people are telling you that they're not going to change their minds from what they've seen from him. 

Also, sorry to OP, we keep going off-topic on your thread. :( 

11 hours ago, Alexensual said:

Sneaky you trying to scare new people away 9_9

I'd say that in terms of maturity CF forums are on another level compared to the average twitch spammers or memers and trolls from reddit. And the less said of nost forums the better: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44550

@OP

Definately some good and also less well known addons there, to those of you saying "just google them", most wow players don't even use addons so there's always someone benefitting from tutorial vids and addon packs. I had never heard of the ring menu addon for instance that I picked up from an older video by Alex. The downside to installing that many addons at once is that the UI becomes too unfamiliar too quickly for some. Personally, I prefer starting slow and adding more addons as the need arises.

Edited by Lilaina

I appreciated the addons video he did and will be testing out some of them that I haven't used before that he mentioned to see if I like them.

The rest of you can be sulky babies if you want but he's contributing a lot more to the Vanilla scene than most of you.  It's fine that you may dislike him for certain things but maybe stow it when he does something useful (like this video), the actual purpose of this thread.

When people say 1+1=3 I correct them, regardless of what the subject is about. I asked proof of what has this man done and you link a completely irrelevant PvP video. Then someone says that he wants to stay relevant - yes? I don't follow you guys.

At least some of you should post the picture of where he is joking about K2 dying. At least we could all see that the man has a sense of humor.
monty-python-life-of-brian-movie-still-t

2 hours ago, Charax said:

I appreciated the addons video he did and will be testing out some of them that I haven't used before that he mentioned to see if I like them.

The rest of you can be sulky babies if you want but he's contributing a lot more to the Vanilla scene than most of you.  It's fine that you may dislike him for certain things but maybe stow it when he does something useful (like this video), the actual purpose of this thread.

You cleary haven't been paying attention to his history if you feel that way.    He posed as a champion to the private server community, had an active youtube page/followers, then when private servers hit a low point he realized he would get more views if he went back to retail, and so he did just that.  In the process he decided to badmouth every private server that was trying to keep their head above water.   When Nos and the private community were trying to prove to Blizzard that we are standing our ground. We needed him and he buckled and buckled bad.   At the end of the day it IS only a game, so none of this really matters, but don't be fooled for a second to think that this guy has any real devotion to classic servers or retail for that matter.  He goes where his ego can get stroked harder.  

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

You cleary haven't been paying attention to his history if you feel that way.    He posed as a champion to the private server community, had an active youtube page/followers, then when private servers hit a low point he realized he would get more views if he went back to retail, and so he did just that.  In the process he decided to badmouth every private server that was trying to keep their head above water.   When Nos and the private community were trying to prove to Blizzard that we are standing our ground. We needed him and he buckled and buckled bad.   At the end of the day it IS only a game, so none of this really matters, but don't be fooled for a second to think that this guy has any real devotion to classic servers or retail for that matter.  He goes where his ego can get stroked harder.  

That's true - I haven't paid attention to his history, and I really don't care to.  I am not a mindless drone that latches on to active streamers/commentators to make an opinion for me.  I'll do that for myself.  Some people can be trollish, and that's fine.  I am very trollish at times too.  But I recognize when someone spends some time and makes an effort to help others like this video and I applaud that.

If you want to be critical of him overall, go crazy, but don't dilute a thread that actually has some helpful information to newer players to the Vanilla scene.  Keep that vitriol elsewhere.  Bagging on someone when someone highlights a helpful contribution just seems so anti-productive and salty in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, Smirre said:

@Crowley

Despite Alex was there all the time even when he played retail. He kept uploading videos about crestfall, elysium and other servers even when he was doing content from legion.

Also Alex making fun of K2 was kinda deserved, as that server really was a failure, especially with the hp regen rating of the mobs, unacceptable.

So he can talk shit about servers but god forbid someone talks shit about him. 9_9

20 hours ago, Outstanding said:

You have to admit that you divide opinion.

And that is exactly the problem. Majority of people on internet feels like you fuck their mom just if you have opinion that is different from one that they have. He is making god damn review of private servers, what the heck do people expect then it to be biased. It's not exact science, one plus one can not always be two, but people seem to be incapable of understanding that. And Alex is not pulling gimick of reviewing a blatantly bad servers, like Dodgy  is occasionally. It is quite easy to do the review of server that is full of flaws, which can all by them self give reviewer couple of lol lines, and everyone is happy with that kind of review cause it's not mocking anything that's not worth mocking. Problem is when you try to review popular server, because people will either expect you (as reviewer) to either glorify their server or to pull it in the mud, while in fact your opinion might be somewhere in between.

But I think that biggest problem here is that people are just jelly over the fact that Alex has become kinda celebrity among the WoW PS player base while at same time they are anonymous.

5 minutes ago, cell007 said:

So he can talk shit about servers but god forbid someone talks shit about him. 9_9

Lol, he doesn't talk shit, he may have a opinion which I don't necessary agree with but I never heard him going into rants against servers like dodgy do.

2 minutes ago, Elviss said:

Lol, he doesn't talk shit, he may have a opinion which I don't necessary agree with but I never heard him going into rants against servers like dodgy do.

Personally,  the only reviewer I like is Orcbit (though his recent involvement with Alexensual is disappointing, imo). Like I mentioned before,  my dislike stems from seeing his behavior and attitude on a server I happened to play on.

2 minutes ago, cell007 said:

Personally,  the only reviewer I like is Orcbit (though his recent involvement with Alexensual is disappointing, imo). Like I mentioned before,  my dislike stems from seeing his behavior and attitude on a server I happened to play on.

Orcbit is certainly most professional of them all and I also like him a lot. On other hand, I don't particularly like Alex's US-corrupted accent, and I don't always agree with all his statements, but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna bash Alex on forums and in game just because I disagree with him sometimes, and to be frank with you, attitude shown by majority of anti-Alex fan base, who haven't really provide single evidence of Alex being bad reviewer, just made me like the guy.

People seem incapable of understanding that reviewing something highly subjective means that we may disagree with each other on occasions, and saying "he said that server was bad, I played on it and it was rather good" isn't exactly a argument for branding someone as bad reviewer. 

Honestly I cant understand why people bitch and care about these "personalities" in the scene, none of them are professional reviewers or anything, they are just reading out published news already on reddit via a webcam. Why do they follow them to begin with? - Does people find him attractive or what? If he was a raider streaming server first guilds or smth then I get it, the competition of it and all, but this I dont get. Whats the appeal? 

Lets just hope to god these personalities dont come here to Crestfall. But then again, if Crestfall 'all that', they will come. ¬¬

Edited by Sakritan

He's the guy version of a cam girl. That's it. Goes wherever the attention is. Changes his mind like the wind and views himself higher than his station.

23 minutes ago, Adalon said:

He's the guy version of a cam girl. That's it. Goes wherever the attention is. Changes his mind like the wind and views himself higher than his station.

And I guess you never ever changed your opinion about anything? Right?

4 hours ago, Sakritan said:

Honestly I cant understand why people bitch and care about these "personalities" in the scene, none of them are professional reviewers or anything, they are just reading out published news already on reddit via a webcam. Why do they follow them to begin with? - Does people find him attractive or what? If he was a raider streaming server first guilds or smth then I get it, the competition of it and all, but this I dont get. Whats the appeal? 

Lets just hope to god these personalities dont come here to Crestfall. But then again, if Crestfall 'all that', they will come. ¬¬

He actually does have a lot of male admirers - in his earlier vids, they would talk about his muscles, lol that seems to have died down now that he has more WoW-centric followers. 

Well the difference here is that Alex has done nothing to get stick for, Kronos has, and your own experience really proves nothing unless you have a live footage from his behavior on the server that you used to be.

lol okay fanboi 9_9 talk to anyone who played on VoA Stonetalon. No one liked him there. 

Edited by cell007

I'm not too fond of him because on camera he has a rather dull personality and his huge bias for Nostalrius is appearent in most of his videos. His behaviour on private servers hasn't been top-notch either.

I do however respect the guy somewhat for putting out content about vanilla stuff for us to judge and criticize. It's more than what most of us do.