Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Renew

[Addon] EnemyBuffTimersVanilla UnitFrames Fork

45 posts in this topic

THIS ADDON IS OUTDATED, USE THIS INSTEAD: http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1281-addon-aurae-unitframes-fork/

Hey guys, i got a request to make EnemyBuffTimersVanilla compatible with several Unit Frames :)

there we go: https://github.com/Voidmenull/EnemyBuffTimersVanilla

Luna UnitFrames 2.x : E3JTAj7.png

Xperl: 0FJNsUD.png

Discord Unit Frames: jj5foeI.png

pfUI: agB8auy.png

enjoy!

Edited by Renew

I have been having an issue with this addon. It throws up numbers (timers?) into the middle of my screen. I have been using RetroWoW to test my interface. I don't know if it is possible that there is a bad interaction from something the server is doing. I did test for interaction with my other addons. Even with all other addons disabled the problem still exists. I haven't tested enough to know exactly what the problem is but my best guess is that it is gathering input from the actions of other players around me. Why or how it outputs to center of screen, I don't know.

If someone could take a look at this it would be much appreciated. I really like what the addon does when it works, and would like to be able to use it. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

Works fine as long as I dont use the add-on Sprocket together with it. Getting these lua errors:

EnemyBuffTimersVanilla.lua:1678: attempt to index global 'this' (a nil value) [count: 1]

SprocketUtils.lua:56: attempt to index local 'T' (a nil value) [count: infinite]

Any idea how this can be fixed?

21 minutes ago, Sicarius said:

Works fine as long as I dont use the add-on Sprocket together with it. Getting these lua errors:

EnemyBuffTimersVanilla.lua:1678: attempt to index global 'this' (a nil value) [count: 1]

SprocketUtils.lua:56: attempt to index local 'T' (a nil value) [count: infinite]

Any idea how this can be fixed?

the first error appears if you use clickcasting - its already been fixed, just download the new version from github :)

for the second error - no clue, i dont even know what Sprocket is xD

will take a look into this

edit: cant see how the 2. error is related to  EnemyBuffTimersVanilla :/

Edited by Renew

19 minutes ago, Renew said:

the first error appears if you use clickcasting - its already been fixed, just download the new version from github :)

for the second error - no clue, i dont even know what Sprocket is xD

will take a look into this

edit: cant see how the 2. error is related to  EnemyBuffTimersVanilla :/

tried it again with the new version and I'm still getting the same errors unfortunately! maybe it's sprocket causing the issues, i can't tell since my experience with coding is very limited :P

1 hour ago, Sicarius said:

tried it again with the new version and I'm still getting the same errors unfortunately! maybe it's sprocket causing the issues, i can't tell since my experience with coding is very limited :P

can you update again and test please? :)

8 minutes ago, Renew said:

can you update again and test please? :)

works like a charm now so far! :D will update if any new errors occur. thanks man!

Hey guys, i updated the Fork and added support for serveral Unit Frames:

enjoy!

Does this version have the issue that @JonDoh is talking about or is that fixed?

I recently tried using schaka's EnemyBuffTimersVanilla but had to disable it because the random numbers in the middle of the screen was too much of an annoyance

7 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

Does this version have the issue that @JonDoh is talking about or is that fixed?

I recently tried using schaka's EnemyBuffTimersVanilla but had to disable it because the random numbers in the middle of the screen was too much of an annoyance

it should have this bug too, i didnt change that

but: i could not reproduce this bug, so i can not fix it :/ if you tell me how i can reporduce it, i may take a look on that

it should have this bug too, i didnt change that

but: i could not reproduce this bug, so i can not fix it :/ if you tell me how i can reporduce it, i may take a look on that

been doing some testing with the add-on and i can confirm that the bug is present. if you want to reproduce it, try to target some other players or (the best way) go to a bg and it should go apeshit with numbers in the middle of the screen. seems like it works fine when you dont have any other players around you.

7 minutes ago, Sicarius said:

been doing some testing with the add-on and i can confirm that the bug is present. if you want to reproduce it, try to target some other players or (the best way) go to a bg and it should go apeshit with numbers in the middle of the screen. seems like it works fine when you dont have any other players around you.

alright, i will test this later :)

10 minutes ago, Renew said:

alright, i will test this later :)

You can also just log on RetroWoW at around 17-22 pm, lots of people online in the starting area who are dueling. Theres tons of timers showing up in the middle of the screen then :)

nice i was waiting for the pfui release

Edited by Topkeek

10 hours ago, Renew said:

Hey guys, i updated the Fork and added support for serveral Unit Frames:

enjoy!

Hey, its not working with Pfui frames to me, why? thanks

edit: okay i reinstalled pfui and it works now

Edited by Topkeek

What function would I take out if I only wanted to see the swatch timer and not the actual numbers? Thanks so much!

Just now, Zetox said:

What function would I take out if I only wanted to see the swatch timer and not the actual numbers? Thanks so much!

it was bugged because i forgot to remove a scaling factor xD

its been fixed 25 min ago - pls update your version :)

edit: ahh, you dont want to see the numbers...sorry, but i will not maintaining this addon, its only a fork for the unitframes compability

Edited by Renew

I updated it, but my question is regard to taking the numbers away entirely. Is this possible? Which part of the code would I remove?

I want to remove all numbers from the timer, and only see the clock animation.

Additionally, you'll see bugs with the timers still staying on after being taken off from things such as iceblock--the 'icons' will be removed, but the number and clock animation will stay there incorrectly. Any way to fix this? Thanks so much!

Edit2: I still see the numbers in the middle of my screen with updated version. 

Edited by Zetox

14 minutes ago, Zetox said:

I updated it, but my question is regard to taking the numbers away entirely. Is this possible? Which part of the code would I remove?

I want to remove all numbers from the timer, and only see the clock animation.

Just delete the file called "cooldown", thats how u did it with the original addon anyways

https://github.com/Schaka/EnemyBuffTimersVanilla/issues/3

Edited by Cruzix

Renew its possible configure the addon for low lvl debuffs or combo point stuns? i mean if you use kidney shot with 2 or 3 cp the addon will mark 6seconds, if you use low lvl rend the duration es 12 seconds instead 21

29 minutes ago, Zetox said:

its not possible :/

edit:cant get rid of these quote frames xD 

Edited by Renew

its not possible :/

edit:cant get rid of these quote frames xD 

Damn, really, it isn't? What does the AddOn use to determine the debuffs durations? Combat Log I guess?

Wouldn't it be possible to display the correct Kidney Shot duration at least if you're playing a Rogue, for your own KS, based on the CP you have when the Combat Log line is detected? I mean there is a macro function which detects how much CP you got, there must be some kind of way to make that work with the AddOn! Although that might require work and you said you wouldn't be doing anything else than making the AddOn compatible with some Unit Frames AddOns.

By the way, I use a Nurfed Unit Framed custom layout, will the AddOn work with it? Can't test it now, but that'd be nice :).

the timers are fixed - there is no determination of ranks...this addon is rly rly basic thing but also easy to use

i never heard of  Nurfed Unit Frams, if you give me a link, i can add it to the list