Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 11/21/2016

57 posts in this topic

Felt like I had to do this at least once on the forums...

FIRST

Excellent work as usual boys, keep it up! Also, happy Thanksgiving!!

Damn, where did you even find entire raids being cleared? I'm assuming Warcraftmovie archives?

This is some serious research you all have embarked on.  I've seen individual posters on private server forums going to town with their own pet issues, (most of which seem to go unaddressed given the way those threads seem to play out) but the comprehensiveness of what this team is doing is worthy of respect.  If this server goes as well as we all hope it does, not only will it be the new standard for emulation, but the data that you all have compiled and put to use will be the first place any competitor goes to see how things are supposed to work.  I can't wait to see the database when it's done.

I asked Imba to come up with a list of what each raid mob was immune to, gave him the structure for the immunity masks, and a sample SQL query he could use to format updates that would fix them.  Well, he spent five weeks collecting data from over 200 sources.  Videos, screenshots, forums, guidebooks, user-made guides.. all data from 2005/2006, contemporary with the retail releases.  How he managed to find this stuff, especially for raid trash, which is rarely filmed, I don't know, but he managed to put together school and mechanic immunities for all 323 raid mobs, including bosses, for all 20 and 40 man raids.  That's some serious dedication and commitment to accuracy there, and we're very grateful and appreciative of his efforts.

i found other things too in the process. like certain bugs with call pet, lots of clearcasting evidence on how it should work, and a bunch of other stuff.

Give this guy a medal serious props!

Congrats to @flurrz for winning that mini-contest - let's see what icon he'll get, haha.

And thanks for the update, Darkrasp - each update continues to ensure me that waiting for CF is the right choice instead of being impatient and thirsty for WoW. 

Gratz to flurzz and three cheers to imbaslap and everyone else who helped with the proc rate data!

Thanks @imbaslap for your work. Good Job. For vanilla.

By the way, did you download videos from warcraftmovies.com aswell for your reasearch purposes ?

Edited by Brikot

2 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Snip

I'll keep all that in mind when people on Reddit start QQing, when they accuse things of being wrong, when they don't have a clue.

Get a fucking clue, Reddit.

Especially when all the rogues/warrs whine about not doing 10x the dps of everyone else :P  (sorry guys, but armour and rage gen work correctly here)

9 hours ago, imbaslap said:

i found other things too in the process. like certain bugs with call pet, lots of clearcasting evidence on how it should work, and a bunch of other stuff.

i even stumbled on some interesting immunities in BWL including some missing Spell IDs on some mobs. ;)

just last week, i found video footage showing full clears of all 4 Naxxramas wings including all the trash in between the bosses and in the outer rings of all of them with combat log shown. i'll be using this footage for archiving and possibly raid testing when CF gets there for extra references. but you shouldn't have to worry about Naxx trash being sheepable/slowable when they arent, bosses being tauntable when they shouldn't be or immune to holy damage spells. Also Naxx should be really polished in regards to how it should feel (patrol paths, damage scaling/cleansable debuffs, damage ranges). 

most difficult raids to research were AQ20 and probably Naxx in regards to finding data on the trash mobs. the rest weren't so bad.

fun stuff indeed. 

SO0g7nd.gif

stop beeing fanboys guys.

this "haha CF is not mangos" then shitting on other servers is not the way to go.

You should laugh and blame the devs / head team of the servers not caring for detailed bug fixes. You cant push your ignorance on other servers just because they dont rebuild the code. Yea CF gonna be awesome. No need to throw your shit on other servers now.

I'll fanboy if I want.

Great work as always, everyone. These updates are always the best way to start a week. A special thanks to @Imbaslap, of course. Give him a medal or something.

@Brikot this is nothing to do with MaNGOS, it's plain simple research, and hard, hard work. Anyone can do this for any emulator and on any server.

It's perfectly feasible that any devs on the existing servers will look at this thread and go 'we're going to do that too'.

If they do, good for them. If they don't, we all know where the alternative is.

And yes, nothing proved until open Beta.

@Darkrasp I have a recommendation:

I recently reviewed all of my pics from original vanilla wow and took my time to review them one by one and looking at all the details. I found out quite some weird things and facts about back then (which sometimes quite surprised me due to the fact I am used to other private servers). 

The community could help the server out by reviewing their own screenshots and send them somewhere with a short description. so you could figure out within 30 seconds if there is a worthy information included.

would that be a thing ? Thought about this  some time ago already but then I somehow threw the idea away.

cheers budge

Edited by Budge