Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 11/21/2016

57 posts in this topic

Man.. it's so inspiring how throughout you guys are. I'm about to go and try mimic it in a non wow related project I'm working on. 

Congrats to @flurrz for winning the mini-contest.
Also, thanks for this amazing update, yet again @Darkrasp

I'm looking forward to more videos about this amazing project  ! ! ! :P

2 hours ago, Budge said:

@Darkrasp I have a recommendation:

I recently reviewed all of my pics from original vanilla wow and took my time to review them one by one and looking at all the details. I found out quite some weird things and facts about back then (which sometimes quite surprised me due to the fact I am used to other private servers). 

The community could help the server out by reviewing their own screenshots and send them somewhere with a short description. so you could figure out within 30 seconds if there is a worthy information included.

would that be a thing ? Thought about this  some time ago already but then I somehow threw the idea away.

cheers budge

That's not a bad idea, not sure if it can be of any use, but my old album is still up.

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/bobsod/library

Contains a bunch of raid stuff with combat log showing, from MC-Naxx mixed in non-pertinent images.

Edited by Swisscheese

The dedication of the developers and community surrounding Crestfall is reputable, exalted even!

Keep it up, and I can't wait to do everything I can to help during Beta.

2 hours ago, Budge said:

I recently reviewed all of my pics from original vanilla wow and took my time to review them one by one and looking at all the details. I found out quite some weird things and facts about back then (which sometimes quite surprised me due to the fact I am used to other private servers). 

The community could help the server out by reviewing their own screenshots and send them somewhere with a short description. so you could figure out within 30 seconds if there is a worthy information included.

would that be a thing ? Thought about this  some time ago already but then I somehow threw the idea away.

cheers budge

It's not a bad idea.  Would certainly be a nice resource for the scripters.  We currently have an archive of screenshots that Daribon mass collected from the internet and sorted by zone, but there isn't much context to them, so you can find yourself searching a folder with 400+ screenshots looking for something specific to a given quest.  I'll talk to the team and see if there is something we can set up that would allow people to post interesting screenshots with a text blurb attached.

Btw.. this is the old version of the archive, and only the screenshots, not the videos.  Who knows what Daribon has got it up to now.

Screenshot_9.png

I'm willing to go through some screenshots and pick out any specific details that are required. I normally have 1-2 hours free during the night where I am doing nothing. Maybe my OCD attention to detail could be put to use. Let me know if any help is desired.

Regards,

Statin

Soyoen said he has 5000 vanilla screenshots, you should ask him... come on no need to be greedy, fixes are for everyone. Look at what imbaslap has done. not to mention the database contribution from darkrasp...

I wish more people could just share all their vanilla screenshots from 2004-2006 with CF or serious testers...

17 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

at the start of December when we open up the Beta signup form

YES.

4 hours ago, Swisscheese said:

That's not a bad idea, not sure if it can be of any use, but my old album is still up.

Contains a bunch of raid stuff with combat log showing, from MC-Naxx mixed in non-pertinent images.

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/bobsod/media/WoWScrnShot_060306_031245.jpg.html?sort=3&o=56

http://imgur.com/a/D4TlR

hmm.. whats with the 2x unbridled procs from white hit+heroic strike hit?

QSW says only normal white hits should proc it..

(wonder if its the same thing dealing with windfury not proccing off yellows in QSW)

Edited by imbaslap

1 hour ago, imbaslap said:

http://s205.photobucket.com/user/bobsod/media/WoWScrnShot_060306_031245.jpg.html?sort=3&o=56

http://imgur.com/a/D4TlR

hmm.. whats with the 2x unbridled procs from white hit+heroic strike hit?

QSW says only normal white hits should proc it..

(wonder if its the same thing dealing with windfury not proccing off yellows in QSW)

It used to be able to proc off of cleave and HS since they were both on the swing timer.  It didn't proc from instant attacks though.

As long as the special damage is done on the swing timer, it has a chance of proccing.

Edited by Swisscheese

10 hours ago, Momonn said:

Especially when all the rogues/warrs whine about not doing 10x the dps of everyone else :P  (sorry guys, but armour and rage gen work correctly here)

Was the physical damage reduction formula from armor working wrong on Nostalrius, I don't remember noticing that - but maybe you're talking about Feenix or Kronos or whatever?

I think going forward we should be looking at hard evidence and not referring to other private servers data. I am not saying they are wrong or we here are right, but if we are going to make this the best possible server we can than realistically all data they (other pservers) would need to be validated by either some sort of reputable source or media from that time period. Again I'm not trying to bash any other server, but this is common practice in any data heavy project.

Statin

Btw I heard some people here saying warriors shouldn't do big dps, but I just stumbled upon this vid 1550 dps at pachwerk with bis gnome warr (naxx gear) 

12 hours ago, Swisscheese said:

Thanks for the post, I looked at the screenshots you posted and most of it appears to be from retail vanilla. I will probably add it to the collection that @Darkrasp posted earlier.

15 hours ago, Budge said:

cheers budge

I gladly accept any screenshot that you have stored from retail vanilla, I will sort all pictures into categories when I have time, which may not be anytime soon since I currently have about 3k screenshots to be sorted.

3 hours ago, Daribon said:

Thanks for the post, I looked at the screenshots you posted and most of it appears to be from retail vanilla. I will probably add it to the collection that @Darkrasp posted earlier.

I gladly accept any screenshot that you have stored from retail vanilla, I will sort all pictures into categories when I have time, which may not be anytime soon since I currently have about 3k screenshots to be sorted.

sure daribon, I will have a look which contain WORTHY information so I will only send you a bunch prolly which I find interesting. so you dont have to do this all on your own. how do you recommend to upload it, or where?

23 hours ago, Momonn said:

Especially when all the rogues/warrs whine about not doing 10x the dps of everyone else :P  (sorry guys, but armour and rage gen work correctly here)

Rogues and Warriors should still probably around the same levels of dps as other private servers.

Unless the devs and the alpha team know something that we don't, bosses' armor values should be somewhere around 4600 armor for a lot of bosses. Considering Faerie Fire (-505 armor), Curse of Recklessness (-640), Sunder Armor (-2250 armor at 5 stacks), and Annihilator (-600 armor at 3 stacks) all stack with each other, that is 4000 armor reduction right off the bat for most bosses. Overall, melee damage should still be somewhat the same, unless, the devs decide to buff the bosses' armor values.

On the rage generation problem, rage generation from outgoing damage was always correct on Nost, so Fury and Arms Warriors should still be getting the same rage gains on Crestfall as they got on Nost, rage generation from incoming damage on the other hand is the one that was massively overtuned.

Edited by Cornholi

Darkrasp and I talked for a bit about analyzing these screenshots and how to organize them without taking a huge amount of developer time in the process. Later today I will be posting a thread about what we briefly discussed and how we can use the community to help. Stay tuned!

This community is awesome especially the help that is giving to the devs for the analyzing and cut some lost-time that can be spent for other works much more important and targeted.

Proud for follow this awesome project. Much hype.

Once I get into work and get settled I will construct the thread. In the mean time, for those who have video of retail wow or screenshots and are willing to share please have them readily available. Going forward I hope this will help greatly.

Statin

Forgot to announce a stream time last night.  Just got sidetracked and forgot about it.

Going to stream tomorrow from 1pm-4pm my time (EST), that's 5pm-8pm GMT.