Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Statin

Media Analysis Project

Greetings all,

Sorry this took so long, but had to get some work done that was on a timeline. Anyways, once the idea came up to research screenshots/video it occurred to me that we in the community could take some burden off the developers so they can focus their efforts where it is needed most. I have offered to track and organize everything in addition to creating an excel sheet detailing everything that is found while doing the analysis. Although, as with most my time is finite so I cannot possibly do all the research too so here is my suggestions. 

1. Get several members of the community who feel comfortable doing detailed research based on a simple screenshot/video.

2. Once the research is complete I can organize it to be reviewed by the staff or even possibly a community member with very good insight into Vanilla WoW as it pertains to retail.

3. Darkrasp eluded to certain things that the staff would like investigated such as patching, quests, holiday events, etc. I'm sure there is more, but we can hammer the criteria out once we get everything set in stone.

4. My goal would be to set up a central repository of the media given to us and then organize it by high-low priority. My though process being video>screenshot with combat log, etc> alt+z screenshot.

5. Excel is extremely easy to work with, but each individual can record notes and send them however they wish. Word of course has the ability to add in notes for review if that is something people would be interested in. 

6. Data mining as everyone knows is a great tool to have and it's usage is useful especially during the research phase. If a video is being examined, but you feel like the information just isn't there feel free to try and add additional information in the form of another screenshot or verifiable proof. 

I'm writing this while in a meeting so please feel free to critique and leave CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. This is just the start of what I want to accomplish so the more discussion the better.

Kind regards,

Statin

Would constructive criticism mean getting rid of the double thread?

*runs*

No, great idea, community based, love it

Haha I noticed that after it happened. The wi-fi dropped and somehow it double posted. 

Cool idea, people are hyped and quicker release is a good incentive to get them to work.

If people would like to send me their screenshots/videos I can start organizing them tonight. I figured @Darkrasp would be the person to choose who he feels would be the best candidates to get this rolling. Thank you everyone!

Alright folks first off Happy Turkey Day and secondly let's get these videos and screenshots rolling in. I have nothing to do today but drink and eat so I could use something else to

Basically just send me a private message with a link to whatever screenshots and videos you have and I will start the process. If anyone is interested in helping out and you have SOME experience with retail vanilla (specifically quests, pathing, etc.) Send me a message and we can get you some work. As always this is a community endeavor so let's do our part to helping the CF team produce the best server out there.

Statin

Is this still active? I've been trying to do some research into the T0.5 / D2 set quest line as this one was pretty script & event heavy and I have one or two videos I could share if we are still doing this?

Posted (edited)

I found what i believe to be historically accurate footage of a majority of the instances/pvp/raids in vanilla, although i have a feeling the devs already have access to most of these videos i just thought i would share.

(not my site BTW credit goes to progression-annexe.)

http://progression-annexe.blogspot.com/2016/02/vanilla-world-of-warcraft-retail-videos.html

Edited by Epica
spelling

12 hours ago, Epica said:

I found what i believe to be historically accurate footage of a majority of the instances/pvp/raids in vanilla, although i have a feeling the devs already have access to most of these videos i just thought i would share.

(not my site BTW credit goes to progression-annexe.)

http://progression-annexe.blogspot.com/2016/02/vanilla-world-of-warcraft-retail-videos.html

Haven't seen that one before, seems like is has some useful stuff in it some open world stuff as well. Although I do think he is being a bit too stringent in only including videos that are dated from vanilla since the old world content was largely unchanged up until Cataclysm.

I would recommend forwarding this to @Darkrasp @Daribon @Asura @Crogge

I attempted to get this project off the ground in the hopes to make research a bit easier on the devs, but it never took off. Thanks for the help though.

Regards,

Statin