Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dailybs

Add autoloot

Hi, I just got this idea while watching Vanilla videos, can you add autoloot option for us, I know it is not in Vanilla but can you do a special patch to download so we can have this life saver please ?

Edited by dailybs

Yes, I would like that too. The FOV in vanilla and TBC WoW is also broken, I told them about it but I don't think they care about these things at this point, and then of course there are client limitations et cetera.

Still though, I would like the team to integrate fixes or options that were introduced in later expansions into the vanilla servers.

press shift when you loot, then you autoloot, you just cant activate it to be automatic without the shift key

3 hours ago, xexomaru said:

press shift when you loot, then you autoloot, you just cant activate it to be automatic without the shift key

Pretty much this, hold shift when you loot.  Much easier then trying to release a custom client.  You could also try looking for some add-ons, I'm sure there's one that does it.

Autoloot is about the only advantage the official servers have over this one.

Have some pity, don't take it away.

Can you also add area loot while (if) you're at it please? You know; multiple dead bodies to loot, you right click one, you loot all nearby bodies as well.

5 hours ago, Quantus said:

Can you also add area loot while (if) you're at it please? You know; multiple dead bodies to loot, you right click one, you loot all nearby bodies as well.

There's versions of WoW with autoloot options and AoE loot. Play those?

I hear there's a nice funserver called PrimalWoW. They "emulate" vanilla in a WotLK client.

Go there?

Did you guys take a wrong turn and wander off at the wrong parts of the web or something?

Apologies if you're just trolling or I somehow missed the sarcasm tags.

Edited by Roadblock

27 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

There's versions of WoW with autoloot options and AoE loot. Play those?

I hear there's a nice funserver called PrimalWoW. They "emulate" vanilla in a WotLK client.

Go there?

Did you guys take a wrong turn and wonder off at the wrong parts of the web or something?

Apologies if you're just trolling or I somehow missed the sarcasm tags.

I've never played retail/p.server vanilla or tbc. I know next to nothing about other private servers and their features. I'm interested in Crestfall because of the progression model it's offering. Since there's an ongoing discussion about non-blizzlike features and since someone here proposed adding autoloot in vanilla (I didn't even know it wasn't a feature in classic), I simply asked for a modified version of it in case the devs decide to work on it. I saw it on cataclysm and I think it would be a nice feature to have here, too, as long as it's easy to implement.

So, chill out?

Apologies if you're just a diehard 100% vanilla person or a forum police or something, but what are you gonna do if the devs choose to implement some non-blizzlike features after all? Play other funservers of wow without such features?

Let's not get so worked up over such small things.

11 minutes ago, Quantus said:

So, chill out?

Apologies if you're just a diehard 100% vanilla person or a forum police or something, but what are you gonna do if the devs choose to implement some non-blizzlike features after all? Play other funservers of wow without such features?

Let's not get so worked up over such small things.

Yep, criticism accepted and I'll strive to tone it down.

I'm not diehard anything and definitely not forum police.

I don't worry that the devs are going to introduce non-blizzlike features "after all", because

New forum members would serve themselves well to become familiar with the basic features of the project before kicking hornets nests?

The whole idea is to "emulate" classic. Any adjustments made are towards preserving as much of that original feeling as possible or fixing bugs that Blizzard themselves attempted to fix, not diluting it with features from later versions.

It would also directly go against the nature of the project as a "Progress Through Expansions" to start mixing expansions together in a mashup?.

So personally I'm not worrying about AoE auto-loot, LFD, dual spec, or anything else that would make "vanilla" into "chocolate".

Edited by Roadblock

9 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

Yep, criticism accepted and I'll strive to tone it down.

I'm not diehard anything and definitely not forum police.

I don't worry that the devs are going to introduce non-blizzlike features "after all", because

New forum members would serve themselves well to become familiar with the basic features of the project before kicking hornets nests?

The whole idea is to "emulate" classic. Any adjustments made are towards preserving as much of that original feeling as possible, not diluting it with features from later versions.

It would also directly go against the nature of the project as a "Progress Through Expansions" to start mixing expansions together in a mashup?.

So personally I'm not worrying about AoE auto-loot, LFD, dual spec, or anything else that would make "vanilla" into "chocolate".

Thank you for the clarification. I had already read the F.A.Q. but I read it again in case I missed something mentioning non-blizzlike features. I couldn't find any. But I found:

- Devs are considering the ideas of rewarding people with vanity items, gold memberships to skip login queues etc which won't affect gameplay.

- They are not following the exact blizzard patch schedule for releasing content (Doesn't look 100% blizzlike but I'm totally fine with it)

- They will buff some bosses, making the encounters more difficult than they were because people with their knowledge and experiences today would clear them easily (again, not 100% blizzlike)

- They will fix things Blizzard never fixed or fixed in a halfhearted way (again, not 100% blizzlike)

- They said they won't reduce respec costs because it's an important gold sink and is a method of class balancing. Maybe if it hadn't been a gold sink or wouldn't have any affect on gameplay (i.e. class balance), they could've considered tuning it a little? Only they can answer that.

From what I see, the devs are willing to do things differently than Blizzard did in order to let people have a similar experience today to what they did back in vanilla. They might also add stuff which won't affect gameplay. So, what's wrong with asking for an easier method of looting which won't affect pvp/pve balance or hurt anyone? Maybe the devs will think "hey we might do that in the future", who knows? I understand the vanilla-chocolate argument (though it doesn't look 100% vanilla even at this stage) but calling it "kicking the hornet's nest" just for asking for a small thing is just ridiculous. The F.A.Q is still subject to change after all.

You might have a different opinion on how much blizzlike the server currently is or should be, I respect that. But let's leave the decision or defending to the devs themselves and stop bashing people for asking small q.o.l. tweaks. Thanks.

The accumulation of "small QOL" changes is in large part what got us to the mess several of us are trying to get away from.

Or at least using it as an excuse to change the whole reward structure and remove rpg elements from the game.

AoE loot is not a small change.

It changes the balance in farming efficiency quite drastically in favor of professions like skinning for example. It does the same in favor of all the classes that can AoE farm, more so if we take instances and places with no other player competition into account. So a "small change" has far reaching consequences.

The game is a series of dominoes, changing one part affects many others.

How about changing mob and resource "tagging"?

I mean that's inconvenient, why fight for nodes? Legion has multi-tap nodes (10 people can loot it simultaneously). Why stop there? Why not make resource gathering not ever fail like in later expansions and remove gathering skill gates? Why not make it so 1 gathering action gathers all the resources from a node like it does in later expansions? I mean it's a small QoL change, just a little time saver, no big deal.

Why fight for quest mobs? That's not convenient. Why not make another small QoL change and have all Quest mobs be FFA tag like later expansions.

Etc, etc, etc.

There's a reason non-blizzlike has a stigma in the private server community. Because if you start messing with things, why stop at x and not y,z or w.

The changes the devs are considering for this project generally fall in two categories:

1. Things that are not reasonably feasible to implement (for example "true" patch progression, as that would require players to start at 1.3 and actually patch their client progressively all the way to 1.12, or spell, item and world / npc research volume increased exponentially) 
  2. Things that work towards making Vanilla "more" vanilla, due to (1) having an effect in the opposite direction (for example doing early content with the stronger / more balanced, end of expansion, class design).

Find me a change that's made in favor of player convenience.

I'm not trying to bash you, I probably was abrupt on my first reply but these are issues that have been discussed at length time and again and we have answers, there's a bit of "not this again" at play.

In any case I'm sorry for bad manners... but "not this again" :P

Edited by Roadblock

Quantus, this guy played vanilla and likes it the way it is. You haven't even played it and you're already looking to change it.

You have no idea how different vanilla gameplay is. Autoloot would not "improve" it in any way.

I have a feeling you're not going to like it much, autoloot or not.

Or he might be pleasantly surprised and actually like it.

I know a few players that are not veterans from classic and are shocked to find themselves liking the more "primitive" game.

Edited by Roadblock

8 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

Or he might be pleasantly surprised and actually like it.

Sure he might.

Then he'd ask for heirlooms to help him level some alts :D

Yay, another thread asking for an arbitrary client patch. /s

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

6 hours ago, Quantus said:

Actually I thought this was posted for fun too.

Here I made a formula for you all :D

Please add non classic X quality of life property (feature = X)  because of Y reason (justification = Y) to give us a Z experience. (better gameplay = Z).

Wait for it....

That formula is the reason why this project exists. Think about it. Have a nice day 9_9

Edited by Zetox

you're gonna individually shift-loot every single corpse in that aoe pack and if you don't like it then you can go back to legion

Edited by Aquane

This all makes me think of humanity's progress through history. Please bear with me.

Back in the day you would send a letter and wait days or even weeks for a reply. Now, you send a text/email and get angry when you don't get a response within minutes. Every invention that made our lives easier also made them faster. Now, everyone wants things immediately, immediate success, immediate rewards.

Vanilla is like going back in time when things were simpler and slower, you can savour the experience instead of racing against each other.

Edited by ilovecats

Wasn't there an addon for autoloot at some point? (or was it only QuickLoot in vanilla, can't remember)

1 hour ago, Momonn said:

Wasn't there an addon for autoloot at some point? (or was it only QuickLoot in vanilla, can't remember)

QuickLoot was part of Cosmos, it just moved the loot under the cursor in the loot frame for faster / easier clicking.

The only way to do shift-loot by default in classic is to use keymapping software.

Any of the modern mice should have the ability to remap Rclick to Shift+Rclick (or any of the other mouse buttons and use that one clicking on lootables)

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not familiar with non-blizzlike features discussions on private servers in general, so I felt that the first response I got was undeserved. I understand where you're coming from though. Honestly, I'm fine with or w/out autoloot or any other changes that could be made for player convenience.

Will I like vanilla as it is? If preach gaming's vids on vanilla wow are true, I like it already.

Edited by Quantus