Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zetox

[Addon Fix Request] Shaguplates

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BwqKGOby9UhtSkpHQnJFSnBFeUk

Shaguplates--Is not in development currently but I love the setup, except for a few things I can't change myself so I'm looking for someone to help! :)

I'd like to add 2 alterations but do not know how lua code functions:

1) Add text to the cast (of the spell) either inside or outside (i'm sure changing inside or outside should just be centered or bottom.)

1bda3b4dee.png - currently only an icon is displayed

2) Push the cast bar either ABOVE or BELOW the debuffs whenever a spell is being casted

6b2a66dbbe.png  - have the castbar push those debuffs directly below and/or above (with an option to change to either). 

Fix by Roadblockhttps://mega.nz/#!gc9QTZDb!DOZE5ypyrCCkk4PsrxX3trjD3ailhHwEJy2Bxh8_HmM

Currently Compiling all spell data / cast times for the mod--- feel free to share them in the thread and I will add them to this post :)

Edited by Zetox

Amazing!! @Roadblock Thanks so much man :)

Works great for me :) 

I never tested heals on shaguplates seems like the code isn't there for some npcs (I was at tyr's hand) , but his fix works wonderfully :) 

Edited by Zetox

Addon works as shown in Roadblock's screenshot. :D

I think I'm going to try and compile some more spell data and see if I can get this thing fully functioning for all known spells.

Anyone who wants to help feel free to add some lines of code that aren't already in the enemycast.lua file

Edit: Will have to test further for heals the server I'm testing things on may not be configured to track them

Edited by Zetox

The problem i'm usually having with non blizz overhead bars is that I usually cant click them to target, or only the very center of the bar while the edges arent clickable. how is that with these? I used shagus plates and custom nameplates before

looks excellent btw! Great rework once again @Roadblock

Edited by Marbo

Hi, amazing work so far! 
I'm using ShaguPlates fixed version by @Roadblock and EnemyBuffTimersVanilla by @Renew.
Now i want to make two further suggestions.

1) Change the Shaman class-color of ShaguPlates to Blue instead of Pink. Basicly as in LUNA Unit Frames.

ShaguPlates_Shaman.jpg

(old ShaguPlates version but a good Example)

2) Is it possible to import EBTV's Buff/Debuff Database into ShaguPlates to display the Buff/Debuff-Duration?
    That would be totaly awesome!

ShaguPlates_Debuff.jpg

Many thanks in advice! :)

Edited by Tolstoi

1. ShaguPlates only uses class colors for player units not NPCs and it should automatically pick the appropriate color in that case. The global RAID_CLASS_COLORS table is used for it and that's what the game uses to color classes in the default UI. NPC units are colored by reaction (hostile/neutral etc).

That functionality also depends on it having scanned the unit and stored it in its internal cache though.

2. It's possible but I won't be doing that work myself most probably, I don't intend to adopt the addon. @shagu is active and working on a new UI. Such suggestions are probably better directed to him for consideration in his latest work (it will include nameplates).

I might do something if I find a chunk of free time and nowhere else to spend it on but no promises.

Edited by Roadblock

Hi @all,

I just uploaded a new version of ShaguPlates. It can be found on my website as usual ( http://shagu.org/shagucollection/ ).
Or if you prefer a direct download, have a look here: http://shagu.org/shagucollection/files/ShaguPlates.zip

The new version is based on the nameplates I made for pfUI, they include the complete pfUI spell database (which are more than 1200 spells).
Additionally, an ingame configuration has been added ( /shaguplates <option> <value> )
  1. clickthrough [ on / off ]
  2. show debuffs [ on / off ]
  3. show castbar [ on / off ]
  4. show spellname on castbar [ on / off ]
  5. use blue color for shamans [ on / off ]
  6. change raid icon size [ default: 16px ]

Cheers,

Shagu

Ive got a question or maybe a requeset..  Does pvp colors, change in raid?  I've not check it yet, but as i was walking to somwhere i didnt notice, because of player colors, shaded to color for the character, I dont nkow but, I was unaware I was riding alonig in the middle of 3 alliance, going along as undead.  maybe it was the undead, maybe it was, the just riding along with them.  pvp server.  but some type of icon to inform me that they, are in the nameplates, a faction?  or is there some option?.  thanks.  like the horde red symbol, or the alliance blue whatver theyve got.  I have trouble with the colors of enemies sometimes in dungeons the purple and pink colors.  and pvp players in it.  is there anyway to edit colors, with something?

Edited by ldrancer
color

@shagu Could you replicate the fix @Roadblock did in the original fix of this thread for putting debuffs below the castbar? That would be awesome!

Updated:

- Option to show only Players
- Option to display HP
- Option to change the vertical offset where the nameplate is placed

Regarding your requests @Zetox and @ldrancer, I'll do it as soon as I find some spare time.

Edited by shagu

Goodwork shagu. Keep improving the addon and implement the fixes from Roadblock, and I might switch to using your nameplate addon instead.

thanks for replying. awesome mod.   what is that clicking, sound i hear when new mobs show up?  its kind of weird, i think? i remember it?  but i can't figure out what from.  not used to it or i dotn know what it is.  i run around now using the plates a lot so, maybe its that more.

like, there really to me, needs to be a difference between one teamate and the other for icons above their head for me in multiplayer.  on pvp servers too especially, i dont really care for them to begin with in the first place, but bgs, are another thing.  if you had some kind of switch option to maybe turn on smaller or something, those bars above their heads, maybe keep the name the same but switch to skinnier or something bars for friendlys, and bigger for the others.. or something.   also i had the idea of just like the icoins for the alliance and horde maybe somewhere along near their name.

Sizes changes or ideas like that I think would be good ideas to not change what information.. you get from the bars,  to differentiate the difference between friendly and other faction with using the switch to do it, its an idea.  idk, but anything you can come up with is probably pretty good.  I was just thinking that make the tags something you can catch without spendiing time on, i cant stand that in a mp game.  These would be awesome with some type of mp aspect integrated, do yuou know what im saying?  make a switch to turn it off, for normal pve dungeons, and stuff.  Like but still make them totally useable.  so you can leave it on if you8 want, in the example of beign in a pvp server.    Make it simple too so this will be both a good mp addon, working well, and dumbed down so anyuone can use it. 

i usualy switch bars off but i like to watch sometimes what the damage output of monstsers is on the bars.  thats helps me, see which ones.  And i dont know if you can mod enemy monsters, i think i said this, the colors of their bars, maybe just a brighter kind of red.  i dont think it matches, any other players bars.  but maybe making the enemy bars, moddable colors- so people can color the monsters to kill easier. 

I guess im coming up with maybe multiple mod ideas, but i dont know.  also i have trouble distinguishing colors when im looking at teh scene, thats why i like a different shade for the enemies, but also hnting my mouse too, it gets lost on screen.  myabe with a less cluttered screen i can see it.  anyone seen a good mod for the mouse, during a fight? 

A switch between the pvp different bars or the horde and alliance icons being on and off.  LIke that would be teh switch, to totally turn them on or off.  That way people who want to use figuring out which faction is what by looking at what race they are, can have the mod on normal mode.  the switch just would, be to turn this on, and then you can toggle it back off.  I like my mp simple, i cant tell the difference between characters, ive done it tried to do it, in any game.  its either solo or color coded for  me.  never works.  can someone show me lua?

Edited by ldrancer

shagu when i use mouse button 4 for example as a keybind for a spell and i have the mouse over the nameplate the keybind won't trigger. if i change keybind to a key on the keyboard it works ok, any idea if this is fixable? really annoying since i use mouse button for judgement and sometimes the mouse is over the plate when i use it :P

On 24.12.2016 at 11:44 PM, Chizzum said:

shagu when i use mouse button 4 for example as a keybind for a spell and i have the mouse over the nameplate the keybind won't trigger. if i change keybind to a key on the keyboard it works ok, any idea if this is fixable? really annoying since i use mouse button for judgement and sometimes the mouse is over the plate when i use it :P

No idea how to fix this.

New ShaguPlates version available:

- You're now able to look around with right-click, while still providing working left- and right-clicks on the nameplate.
In other words, you don't have to enable clickthrough if your want to look around by right-click ;)
(/shaguplates mouselook 1 [default: on])

- Option to disable class colors for friendly players
(/shaguplates classcolor_friend 1 [default: on])

- Option to disable class color for enemy players
(/shaguplates classcolor_enemy 1 [default: on])

- Fixed some wrong castbars for friendly spells

- Reduced some flickering of the nameplates

PS: Some video footage regarding the new click system on nameplates can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaknTp9K4-A

maybe slightly off topic: How do I toggle those nameplates (or nameplates in general)?

1 hour ago, Murok said:

maybe slightly off topic: How do I toggle those nameplates (or nameplates in general)?

Set a keybind (defaults are V Shift-V) from the default keybind interface.

Hey guys! A year later here comes another vanilla player wondered by Shaguplates.

Someone know if it's possible 3 things:

- Quit the lvl

- Quit the cast timing

- Move the Icon of the spell (that is being cast) to the left side (and make it a little bit smaller)

And the last request, make the castbar orange instead yellow? (a little bit more orange).

If someone can fix, or tell me how it would be so nice! I want something like the actually blizzard nameplates.

Thanks! :) 

I will drag an example of what I want: 

Example.png