Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonDoh

This seems like scheduling would be your greatest obstacle to forming a good team. As in, what's the expected amount of time that you guys will play? Every day? Every other day? Only on the weekends? Either way, I hope you find what you're looking for your time on CF - playing alone is no fun but I don't think I could be part of a group -  too many factors on my end that I think would probably keep me from being an effective group member, such as school work, job hours, personal life, etc. As much as I don't care for reaching 60 first or getting any server-first kills, having someone to level and quest with would make the game exponentially more entertaining and easier when it comes to taking on large mob groups and those pesky elite/group quests, so I understand that much at least. Good luck with finding a group that will fit your ideals and goals. n_n 

2 hours ago, JonDoh said:

I believe the primary problem with retail wow is less about game design and more about what people chose to do with it. I believe that most people could chose to play the game in better ways but instead they chose to play it poorly.

People will always choose the easiest way to achieve something. If the easiest way to beat the game is boring and skips most of the game content, that is absolutely the game design's fault.

While your proposal is interesting, I feel like these sort of communities are best when they appear spontaneously. There must be people around whose gameplay would fit well with yours but they probably don't know it or wouldn't describe it the way you do. On the other hand, if some people tried to alter their gameplay on purpose to fit yours after having read the thread it would likely not work.

Or maybe I'm dead wrong, try it and report back :D

@JonDoh

So we're at the very early stage of realm community development - probably at the nicest part too. The people who will play on the PvE realm are going to be similar to your ideas and ideals. There will clearly be a number of elite guilds focusing on server firsts, then a lot of guilds under that catering for those that want to raid but in their own sweet time. I don't think you'll find a guild that is to your specification, so if you can't compromise you'll need to form your own. 

You'll have seen Yavannie's guild thread here:

And my own guild thread here:

This I think indicates a good flavour of what to expect in terms of guild type. When we go through open Beta and the videos start to drop advertising the server, this forum is going to get a whole lot busier and messier. So it's as good to get your desires out there now rather than later. 

Vanilla is very much the community version of WoW and PvE servers are that x10. I'd keep fishing away pulling people in and getting responses to help you make a decision.

As you can see of course, the horde side tend to be very much unique snowflakes on things like this, so keep your faction options open :D 

4 hours ago, cell007 said:

This seems like scheduling would be your greatest obstacle to forming a good team. As in, what's the expected amount of time that you guys will play? Every day? Every other day? Only on the weekends? 

Yes, this does tend to be the issue. I am fairly flexible with my schedule so I focus on finding a handful of people first then try to build a schedule around what works for most of them. In some ways it would be easier to start out by advertising a particular schedule, but I don't want to disqualify someone I would like to work with because I just happened to pick bad times for them. 

It is easier with fewer people. I played with my brother for a while on one server. That was very simple. I just got on any time he could get on. 

In the past I have been part of a team that met 2 days a week to do instances together. That was a lot of fun. I would prefer to meet more often, but I don't always get everything I want. I am willing to flex and adapt as much as possible to make the team work. I hope to find a few others who will help make this kind of thing happen here. 

There are a lot of ways the scheduling could possibly work. It can be a few days a week for a specific purpose like doing instance. Or it could just be a common time we try to log in most days. I especially want to help support tanks and healers while they level, so I try to be available to quest with them if they want. One of my goals is to make it comfortable for people to stay in an instance spec if they want while working with the team. 

I tend to use alts to help me fit into the schedules of people I am playing with. Professions are also great because you can spend some time on those to help you sync up with the pace of someone else. Another thing I do for some fun without leveling my character is go try to get through a lower level instance by myself or with one or two more people. If it gets too easy then I try to make bigger pulls. There are plenty of ways to enjoy game content without leaving friends behind. 

Edited by JonDoh

7 hours ago, JonDoh said:

I tend to use alts to help me fit into the schedules of people I am playing with. Professions are also great because you can spend some time on those to help you sync up with the pace of someone else. Another thing I do for some fun without leveling my character is go try to get through a lower level instance by myself or with one or two more people. If it gets too easy then I try to make bigger pulls.

I'm also fond of the playing on an alt or just leveling my professions method when I had leveling partners in the past who weren't on. But every time I would suggest it to people as a means to play together when we were both on for our mains, they would get all huffy at the thought of having to level a new character instead of focusing on their main. If I really wanted to, I know I could at least try and discuss a potential schedule but I also want to try and incorporate RP on my main toon so I'll probably have to go solo, even if soloing with a priest is not the best of times in Vanilla WoW. 

Edited by cell007