Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

quentinv

obtaining a LAWFUL copy of the game client & install

I've always downloaded the game client from Blizz, so I don't have a copy of the Vanilla game client right now.

I suppose I could download some hacked copy off the internet, but it's simpler to spend $4 on the original installer DVDs. They're all over eBay and Amazon. Unless there's a better way.

If there is a better way of obtaining a reliable copy of the game client (i.e. no chance of a keylogger or such being bundled with it), please let me know.

And when installing from the original DVDs, how to prevent the installer from trying to connect to Battle.net and updating the client to Legion?

Thanks.

It's not simpler to spend money on discs. You'll have to patch up to the correct version and you can no longer download those individual patches from Blizzard, so you're still downloading untrustworthy files just to install 1.12.1. 

There are plenty of repack downloads that the community can vet for you, and are able to be virus scanned. Kronos' site links to one that lots of people use. I think Nost had a torrent too. It's very easy to come by a vanilla client and it may be legitimately impossible to patch it to 1.12.1 via Blizzard's servers.

Thanks for the information. After making my post, I read through the previous thread in which a mod indicated that Crestfall will provide links to sites that offer a trustworthy downloadable game client. Sorry to clutter up the forum, because I should have read that thread sooner.

Late response, but generally I just go to the website of any other half decent Vanilla server, like Kronos, Vanilla gaming, Valkyrie, etc. And download the torrent they provide, I'd be very shocked if the torrents they provided have viruses in. Sometimes they even link direct downloads from google drive or mega, etc.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball