Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 11/28/2016

61 posts in this topic

Excellent as usual. Looking forward to tossing in an application and then letting the cards fall as they may. Thank you for all the hard work you guys do.

Statin

Although the Holy Resistance thing may be a dead horse and a minor thing in the grand scheme of everything, it's great that it's now public knowledge there was a server-side override of the 126 mask to keep Holy Resist at 0.  Now, every single emulator out there has zero excuse for this not to work.

There was a lot of arguing over it, but in the end, the WoW emulation community improved because we all learned something new that may or may not have been known before. Hopefully next time something like this comes up that is controversial, we can all work towards finding out what's correct without going to war with each other so we can continue to improve emulation.  Baby steps!

I am guilty for arguing pro-126 with no server side fix without actually knowing, so I'm just as guilty as Darkrasp, here, but I'm glad we all know now!

It was indeed Cornholi who found the final proof necessary reference Holy Resistance. Still remains a great meme and nice to see you put your hand up. Also nice maybe to acknowledge that Killerduki and Theoloras were, broadly speaking correct. However, have to also mention that for all the years spent proving the non-existence/existence of HR, it took someone else to nail it.

Nice, concise update. Looking forward to filling in the application form, not going to be impressive but important for everyone to put their hand up. 

Regarding linking content we've created: would highly relevant forum posts be something to be worth including? I'm guessing most of it would need to be done through the way back machine though.

Can't wait must play WoW currently suffering severe withdrawal symptoms. 

0c5864eaba9c2109f5fcc8bdd219faf3.jpg

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

We worry about fixing stuff like server clustering - we don't worry about fixing stuff like broken talents.

Someone, somewhere (reddit) is going to take this grossly out of context and use it as a banner for their fanboy crusade against CF. I just know it. 

Way to be classy and own the Holy Resistance mistake. Your primary opposition on the subject has never shown an ounce of said class and I'm pretty tired of hearing him bang on about it on other forums. 

38 minutes ago, Dawnstorm said:

Someone, somewhere (reddit) is going to take this grossly out of context and use it as a banner for their fanboy crusade against CF. I just know it. 

Way to be classy and own the Holy Resistance mistake. Your primary opposition on the subject has never shown an ounce of said class and I'm pretty tired of hearing him bang on about it on other forums. 

ofcourse.

im sure it's to be expected.

however, aside from all the funky stuff i found during my research on immunities. finding issues with rage generation/particular sources and all those clearcasting mage bugs for example. it seems that there is something larger that is wrong (something that affects all classes, not just mage) that probably is the culprit to all those small talent/spell issues found on other emulator cores.  not bashing any of them, but once @Asura gets free time, i think it can be identified and probably fixed making all those issues (especially clearcast) working 100% as intended on Retail. not some simple hackfix that makes it appear to work 50% of what it should be, an actual carbon copy of how it functioned on Retail Vanilla. :D

During Closed Beta i'm going to continue the focus on warrior and Mage(due to the issues ive found already) then hop to the healing classes (druid, shaman, priest, pally) there's a few spells that need some overhaul and most people can probably agree with Far Sight, Mind Vision, and Eagle Eye. another topic requiring master sensei @Asura on when hes free. :D

(also cant forget about shaman totems :D

i'm shocked @Darkrasp didn't mention he finished all the procs on weapons/armor sets in the post.. that is a huge one right there if anything. :)

Edited by imbaslap

43 minutes ago, imbaslap said:

i'm shocked @Darkrasp didn't mention he finished all the procs on weapons/armor sets in the post..

I thought I did that last week?  Wow.. days are blurring together.  Be wary, kids.  When you get old like me, time becomes less of a commodity and more of a vague concept.

1 hour ago, Zaroua said:

Regarding linking content we've created: would highly relevant forum posts be something to be worth including?

Absolutely, yes.  That is perfectly acceptable.  Anything you care to share is great.

1 hour ago, raiko said:

Is there a time frame on when the project status page will be ready?

Ah, one of the things I forgot to mention.  Should go up at the same time, or very close to, the Beta signup page.

1 hour ago, Dawnstorm said:

Potentially true, but whatever.  Obviously we care about getting the spells and talents working correctly; that's what basically the entire half of the update regarding beta is talking about.  The main idea is that a problem with a talent is a much simpler fix than a problem with the foundational networking code.  That's why Alpha has taken so long, but we know it's worth it.

3 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

One of the first things we'll be doing in beta is inviting players with a high expertise in a single class to work with us on testing, correcting, and perfecting the spells, talents, aura interactions, and other mechanics of that class

Welp, there goes signing up for closed beta.

Can't wait for beta to come around, and also thanks for the shoutout @Darkrasp. I just want to make Crestfall a better server at the end of the day :)

lol just gonna sign up for the hell of it despite knowing I won't get in - best to leave the job to people who were able to play Vanilla in its entirety, including Alpha n Beta. Will you keep all the applications on file or will we need to apply again for the next round of closed beta when you invite more players? Either way, thanks for the update - keep up the good work. :D 

Thanks for the update Darkrasp! I feel that this post really is putting things in motion. The team is doing some awesome work.

We want people who are experts at a specific piece of content to help us perfect that content in the Closed Beta.

What if someone is no expert in any particular area? I mean I leveled, cleared dungeons and raids, maxed my professions, but I'm far from having mastered any? No closed beta? :'(

hopefully we'll have a few scripters working away by that point

That I can do! Can't wait!

S

2 hours ago, sQweegle said:

What if someone is no expert in any particular area? I mean I leveled, cleared dungeons and raids, maxed my professions, but I'm far from having mastered any? No closed beta? :'(

Just fill out the beta form honestly.  Odds are there is at least one thing you know better than most people.

6 hours ago, sQweegle said:

You can always amaze us with your short summary of why you wish to be a beta tester. Darkrasp didn't include it on his screenshots, but there's an input field in which you can briefly (up to 1k characters) explain why do you wish to be a beta tester.

PS: the only thing I wish to emphasize is to fill out correctly your username, forumname, discordname and e-mail address. Without a valid e-mail address you won't receive a confirmation e-mail to complete your registration, nor can we contact you if you are one of the lucky chosen ones.

Awesome. Best update in a long while. I´m happy to see such a friendly conversation between you and Pottu. Having hostility between the servers (read Kronos admins towards Nost) is just detrimental to the cause of a growing p-server community. I personally don´t like the guy due to his censoring of the Nost forums in a kind of Kim Jong-un demeanour, but I am glad to see that the tone between the two projects are friendly and that you actually cooperate on certain things. 

Keep it up lads, the real countdown towards a live Crestfall server has begun.

Also, a question for devs & admins concerning the closed beta: How many hours would you like a person to invest in this matter? Let´s use me as an example. I have played the paladin class (7 years human, 2 years belf on Retail) for an extensive amount of time, and I would say my area of expertise is Paladins & PvP, and would most likely register for these areas. (I know this is very case specific, as some classes needs more tuning than others and so forth, but a rough estimation is always possible) @Asura @Darkrasp

Edited by Njut
clarification

Cool! I have no expertise in anything, but good luck to all the knowledgeable testers!

19 minutes ago, ilovecats said:

Cool! I have no expertise in anything, but good luck to all the knowledgeable testers!

Came here to say the same. xD Good luck all ye knowledgeable testers. 

Well, Killerduki proudly wears CF "holy resistance" avatar on Elysium forums.He deserved it.

2 hours ago, Njut said:

I personally don´t like the guy due to his censoring of the Nost forums in a kind of Kim Jong-un demeanour

Pottu is pro, u lil trolls ;)