Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 11/28/2016

61 posts in this topic

btw i dont understand the war that emerged in this last time for the launch of nostalrius. I think that it is a nice scenario for the people that love vanilla. It is awesome that nostalrius is coming up again and i dont think that fight against each other is worth. I believe in the CF project cause seems very profesional and the staff as well. But i cant row against nostalrius because it was the best vanilla server in the last few years and it is an awesome thing for the people that love and want play vanilla. The community should support the both project in my opinion.

After these words i would say "long life to Crestfall" :)

21 minutes ago, Lozio908 said:

btw i dont understand the war that emerged in this last time for the launch of nostalrius. I think that it is a nice scenario for the people that love vanilla. It is awesome that nostalrius is coming up again and i dont think that fight against each other is worth. I believe in the CF project cause seems very profesional and the staff as well. But i cant row against nostalrius because it was the best vanilla server in the last few years and it is an awesome thing for the people that love and want play vanilla. The community should support the both project in my opinion.

After these words i would say "long life to Crestfall" :)

CF will probably get a good amount of players even if it has feenix tier scripting, because nost will almost certainly be a lag infested hellhole for months, maybe even a year after launch, just like it was for about 6 months before they shut it down, so I wouldn't worry about it

Edited by roopas
typos

Please don't say things like that, i'm expecting good scripting from Crestfall.
Don't hurt me.. Don't hurt me no more baby !

On 30.11.2016 г. at 11:23 PM, Outstanding said:

The last server to go toe-to-toe with Nostalrius by releasing in the approximate same time frame was Kronos and we all know what happened there.

This is not true. Kronos was "alone" when developing the server, there was delay there too, but when they revealed the open beta start, nostalrius came from the blue with release date before kronos beta with exactly one month. So... its pretty clear who jumped the gun to steal the population with no beta and almost stock mangos. It didn't matter though, people like hot things, they cannot wait, things might get cold. The mentality of today's man is when they want something, they want it now, they won't wait. This is the problem with pserver community, its so called toxicity and attitude towards any server or its players. Also as I stated in different topic - usually competition is just a fancy world for some nasty tricks. In the human history rarely better products won the competition, but the better hyped and mass produced ones. So no need to compete with any other pserver there, thing is CF is not only vanilla and even as such it is in different league with so much improved emulator. I would like my fellow players to come here for the quality and the journey trough expansions, instead of some hype bubble blown to oblivion and needing to protect that precious fragile bubble with all sorts of crap posting anywhere.

Just out of curiosity, where can one find the video from retail proving "beyond reasonable doubt" that Holy Resist was, apart from level-based innate resistances, always 0 on retail? Would like to have a look at what put an end to what was one of the funniest post of the Nostalrius forum :D.

9 hours ago, Joyman said:

This is not true. Kronos was "alone" when developing the server, there was delay there too, but when they revealed the open beta start, nostalrius came from the blue with release date before kronos beta with exactly one month. So... its pretty clear who jumped the gun to steal the population with no beta and almost stock mangos. It didn't matter though, people like hot things, they cannot wait, things might get cold. The mentality of today's man is when they want something, they want it now, they won't wait. This is the problem with pserver community, its so called toxicity and attitude towards any server or its players. Also as I stated in different topic - usually competition is just a fancy world for some nasty tricks. In the human history rarely better products won the competition, but the better hyped and mass produced ones. So no need to compete with any other pserver there, thing is CF is not only vanilla and even as such it is in different league with so much improved emulator. I would like my fellow players to come here for the quality and the journey trough expansions, instead of some hype bubble blown to oblivion and needing to protect that precious fragile bubble with all sorts of crap posting anywhere.

Kronos went head-to-head against Nost in the approximate same time frame and lost. One month is absolutely an approximate same time frame from a private server perspective and lost they did. The fact that they got a second chance to clean up when Nost died and only got 30% of the total potential population indicates that what people liked in Nostalrius, they didn't like in Kronos. The facts speak for themselves. Nost got a lot of things right in terms of marketing, but in particular in terms of improving the scripting and being responsive to the players. There is a lot to learn from this rather than just putting it down to whoever is first, wins.

I 100% agree that a younger generation than mine is fickle with the attention span of a gnat. That's what makes vanilla wow so hilarious because it is the antithesis of the social media/mobile phone generation that need instant gratification. Yet you have fanbois who switch from server to server (witness the demand for the fresh PvP Nost 2 realm). CF will appeal to an older, mature generation, the ones that played the original wow when they were adults. The key thing is that these players are loyal, and that's what the realms need.

43 minutes ago, Youfie said:

Just out of curiosity, where can one find the video from retail proving "beyond reasonable doubt" that Holy Resist was, apart from level-based innate resistances, always 0 on retail? Would like to have a look at what put an end to what was one of the funniest post of the Nostalrius forum :D.

The killer, as distinct from killerduki contribution comes from @Cornholi in the older CF thread on the Nostalrius site here

This is a pvp video from a Demo Lock PoV with a felhunter pet, the warlock has specced into Master Demonologist so it would give him and the pet 60 resistance to all.

Now according to the original thread on the CF forums and people in this thread, any buff that has a mask of 126 will give you resistance to everything including holy, which if you follow that logic includes Master Demonologist:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=23762 

So that's 60 resistance to the warlock and the pet which should according to their logic should include holy resistance, but as you see in the video none of the pallies' spells and attack were resisted at all, not even partially resisted, you can see for yourself as the warlock in the video has his combat log open. There were 2 duels in total in which the paladin got mutiple Seal of Command procs, Judgement of Command casts, Exorcism casts, HOJ and Repentance and none of them were resisted at all, not even partially.

I'd like to think that this proves that holy resistance for all intents and purposes does NOT exist, feel free to prove me wrong on this claim.

Ultimately even though we were trying to hold the official CF mantra on that thread ultimately it kinds sank us without a trace.

28 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

The killer, as distinct from killerduki contribution comes from @Cornholi in the older CF thread on the Nostalrius site here

This is a pvp video from a Demo Lock PoV with a felhunter pet, the warlock has specced into Master Demonologist so it would give him and the pet 60 resistance to all.

Now according to the original thread on the CF forums and people in this thread, any buff that has a mask of 126 will give you resistance to everything including holy, which if you follow that logic includes Master Demonologist:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=23762 

So that's 60 resistance to the warlock and the pet which should according to their logic should include holy resistance, but as you see in the video none of the pallies' spells and attack were resisted at all, not even partially resisted, you can see for yourself as the warlock in the video has his combat log open. There were 2 duels in total in which the paladin got mutiple Seal of Command procs, Judgement of Command casts, Exorcism casts, HOJ and Repentance and none of them were resisted at all, not even partially.

I'd like to think that this proves that holy resistance for all intents and purposes does NOT exist, feel free to prove me wrong on this claim.

Ultimately even though we were trying to hold the official CF mantra on that thread ultimately it kinds sank us without a trace.

I see. It doesn't prove it with 100% accuracy but indeed, it's beyond "reasonable doubt". One could even calculate the probability of Holy Resistance existing or not, on the basis of the video, by taking the probability of having at least 1 partial resist on the X Holy spells the Pally uses during the clip, and indeed it wouldn't be 0 but damn close I guess.

Thanks for the link :)

15 hours ago, Joyman said:

This is the problem with pserver community, its so called toxicity and attitude towards any server or its players. Also as I stated in different topic - usually competition is just a fancy world for some nasty tricks. In the human history rarely better products won the competition, but the better hyped and mass produced ones. So no need to compete with any other pserver there, thing is CF is not only vanilla and even as such it is in different league with so much improved emulator. I would like my fellow players to come here for the quality and the journey trough expansions, instead of some hype bubble blown to oblivion and needing to protect that precious fragile bubble with all sorts of crap posting anywhere.

A problem with the "toxic community" is also fanboys ;) Until beta starts there is nothing separating crestfall from dozens of other vanilla servers. And yeah about products.. reverse can also be true, if something is marketed but still fails it may simply be a bad product. A product still needs selling points that no kind of marketing can make up for. Hype being enough for a server to succeed is hardly true, if that was the case servers like PlayTBC would dominate. 

6 hours ago, Outstanding said:

CF will appeal to an older, mature generation, the ones that played the original wow when they were adults. The key thing is that these players are loyal, and that's what the realms need.

/enable tinfoilhat

Edited by Cthun

7 hours ago, Outstanding said:

I 100% agree that a younger generation than mine is fickle with the attention span of a gnat. That's what makes vanilla wow so hilarious because it is the antithesis of the social media/mobile phone generation that need instant gratification. Yet you have fanbois who switch from server to server (witness the demand for the fresh PvP Nost 2 realm). CF will appeal to an older, mature generation, the ones that played the original wow when they were adults. The key thing is that these players are loyal, and that's what the realms need.

I'm only 21 yrs old, started playing wow as a kid, have the attention span of a golden retriever puppy, and am definitely not mature, and yet here I am :D

Vanilla wow's appeal really is kinda strange; if an mmorpg like it came out today, I doubt I could enjoy it. As for "instant gratification", I get that from small things: Kill the 8th and last bear you need, loot a green item, turn in all quests at a town, gain a level, rinse and repeat.

On 3.12.2016 г. at 1:27 AM, Outstanding said:

Kronos went head-to-head against Nost in the approximate same time frame and lost. One month is absolutely an approximate same time frame from a private server perspective and lost they did. The fact that they got a second chance to clean up when Nost died and only got 30% of the total potential population indicates that what people liked in Nostalrius, they didn't like in Kronos. The facts speak for themselves. Nost got a lot of things right in terms of marketing, but in particular in terms of improving the scripting and being responsive to the players. There is a lot to learn from this rather than just putting it down to whoever is first, wins.

Quite not the case. I followed Kronos development since early 2014. There was no blip for nost anywhere in the world. Instead Kronos had a good amount of hype, some videos with working mechanics, some unavailable anywhere i think, like the caster mobs that freeze you in frost nova, move back and start trowing snowballs(frostbolts) at you(improved AI). When they set the beta date - it was in december iirc, a few weeks later out of nowhere nost came to be with release day 1 month early. It was complete stock emulator, except some tweaking for more people online, also I think using much much higher vps hardware than any pserver. As we know know, nost admins work for same hosting company - OVH. Experience there was so bad - no fast respawn for mobs/quest items with so much players leveling it was unbearable. Quests not working, mechanics not working, lag, crashes. But it was something never happened before - more than 2k started there and it increased over time. Kronos had bad beta, they never thought so many players will come(as happened when nost was shut down), a complete bad management from their side. But they had better scripting, leagues ahead of nost, so great distance that it was like elysium fresh start vs k2. All servers has issues, but nost didn't win with quality and now its the same, they chose worst "competitor" to get their "source", because Rebirth or Kronos wouldn't have accepted their "source", simply because its inferior. It will fail again at quality, but nobody of the mass will care. And its clear now that most will like "fresh" start, so even bringing back old chars is not selling point. Its only hype and brand image, which is not symbol of quality but only of hype. There is a modern saying in my country - Mercedes is Mercedes, which would mean that MB is so quality product that it doesn't need advertisement, but its symbol for quality. Its so stuck in people's heads that they continue to sing it, even if most in that cars is made in Turkey and is really low quality as MB breaks now more than Dacia and is so damn expensive, that is ridiculous. But its the mark of the new age, the age of marketing where companies like Apple thrive by selling overpriced crap.