Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

quentinv

The Delayed Gratification Club

I've said more than once that I plan to wait until two weeks or a month after full launch before rolling a toon. This is caused by my lack of familiarity with Vanilla, because it would make no sense for me to play while there are still residual bugs, when I wouldn't recognize them as bugs. Two weeks or a month after launch should be enough time to squash pretty much everything.

If anyone else (especially lurkers) has the same intentions as me, let's start a Delayed Gratification Club. The Club Charter would be that we stay out of the way of the pros until there's a maximally polished product for us to cut our teeth on.

Guys?

I agree. I hope I can wait...

But I'm starting to know me pretty well. I'll say I'm staying out of the way, but by release day 3, Mulgore will be my playground. 

Hope the best for you, but I won't be able to contain myself. 

I would do that but then again i love to be part of a Server Launch and i love to see any zone packed by players, especially the starting zones.
So i'll definetly play on Launch hihihihih

If there're any significant bugs going on, and I don't think there're many of those, two weeks wouldn't be enough to fix them. You should worry more about overpopulation and lag and barrens chat.

Now, my gratification has been delayed for years, and at this point I'm ready to stand in line for every quest mob.

1 hour ago, windslav said:

If there're any significant bugs going on, and I don't think there're many of those, two weeks wouldn't be enough to fix them. You should worry more about overpopulation and lag and barrens chat.

Now, my gratification has been delayed for years, and at this point I'm ready to stand in line for every quest mob.

You make a good point. In my everyday life, I avoid things like Black Friday sales and doctor's appointments simply because I have too much of an aversion to standing in long lineups and sitting forever in waiting rooms. Login queues are likely on launch day and for a few days after, while the low-level zones will be so packed that you won't be able to see the terrain for the toons. It could take three days to level to 10, let alone 60, just from having to wait for quest mobs to respawn (even with a dynamic timer that accelerates respawns, and even if you have the luxury to level your toon when most other players are sleeping or at work). Once you get past level 20 and start questing in contested zones, you're likely to be ganked 200 times a day in the first month after launch day. Those are even more solid reasons to wait until about a month after launch day before rolling a toon, but I didn't mention them because I didn't want to stick a pin in the launch day balloon.

My primary, previously stated reason for suggesting the Delayed Gratification Club for those who are interested, still stands.

6 hours ago, Xaverius said:

The title has a vaguely sexual subtext.

Doesn't everything?

Unless you have irl things holding you up, don't miss out on launch experiences. It's such a unique thing and you will meet many people.

I played on K2 launchday and the first days was the funniest days there. I made several friends and i still talk with them! Don't miss the launch!

As much as I'd love to wait - I know by the time CF finally launches, I'll have been waiting for a very long time. I won't be able to contain myself any longer -.- 

I hope to make lots of new friends on launch day - maybe even just party up with someone to make the first zone a lot easier in terms of mob tagging and questing? :) Either way, can't wait!