Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Beta Signup Announcement

75 posts in this topic
23 minutes ago, Posadist said:

Will all characters made during beta be deleted when the beta ends?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Posadist said:

Without question.

So still in closed Beta Any news on when open beta will start ? 

On 2/12/2017 at 6:26 AM, Posadist said:

Yes its beta not early access.

On 12/2/2016 at 6:37 PM, DiabeticCat said:

Nice, hoping I can contribute to the success of the server

headache.gif

Hi

I noticed a question about characters created during the beta. Now I'm not in the beta, still new to the forum, and this is just a thought but I figured why not just throw it out there anyhow for people to think about. 

Obviously it makes sense that beta characters be deleted once the realm is released. There's no reason anyone should have an advantage. However, I think it would be neat for those characters to just revert to a fresh state, just made, nothing accomplished, no access beyond any other starting character for the sake of a perk. Basically, you participated in the beta so go ahead and keep that character name if you wish. If you didn't wish to keep that name obviously it's just a delete button away and in all other ways it would not be any particular advantage. Of course, this leads to questions about how would that reverted character exist on any particular pvp or pve server that comes out at release if the beta is just being done on a test server. And obviously I don't know and that's why this is all just blabber nonsense about something that sounds neat. 

Also, I thought it would be even cooler for the devs to come up with a tabard for Beta Testers. Something they can wear that otherwise does absolutely nothing that can say, "Hey, I participated in Beta". Kind of a perk for helping, and a nostalgia inducing achievement if you will. 

So yea, there's my pointless blabber about Beta because I'm excited about the release and this is fun stuff to think about. Thanks for everything you do guys!

Totally agreed, hence the fact I'm totally rambling. As a player I think it would be neat to see some people who helped get this thing off the ground as they're running around but I didn't know how I would otherwise know that. "Rewards" are a bad way of looking at it because what I was really looking at was identifiers. I personally hold a TON of respect for everyone who dedicates time to creating a great server and environment. In the end there may not be any way to have that form of recognition in game but I thought it would be neat to be marching around and then all of a sudden spot someone who did dedicate their time and be able to offer them a /salute. I suppose this just comes down to getting to know these people personally so I may offer that without any form of perk or reward being their motive. 

This server still on beta testing? there is room for one more?

Their update a couple days ago said they would double the number of testers in the next few days. I don't know if they've already emailed everyone they already wanted or if they haven't sent out another batch of key codes yet. Right now would be a good time to sign up if you want to help report bugs and know what vanilla mechanics were like at retail.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MagikStaff said:

Their update a couple days ago said they would double the number of testers in the next few days. I don't know if they've already emailed everyone they already wanted or if they haven't sent out another batch of key codes yet. Right now would be a good time to sign up if you want to help report bugs and know what vanilla mechanics were like at retail.

As was stated here for you, @MrZ. In time more testers will be added to the pool, since everyone knows that 99 codes on the wall, and you take one code down, fix it up and put it back, you have 224 codes to be fixed on that wall. In other words, the more that is being delved into, the more things could break or be overlooked and the more eyes that are available to look around and see about it being fixed, the better it will be, the quicker the fix, and the more things progress. =)

But yes, do stick around, welcome to the community, and look into mingling and getting familiar with folks around here! The more the merrier!

Edited by Monochrome

Wish I had the time to join in.   Help make this the server we've all wanted for so long.

While being able to reserve your name might be neat, it's good that it isn't happening for stated reasons.

Getting the game going should be "reward" enough by itself. 

Anyhow. I too applied and will be looking for my beta confirmation. :)

Posted (edited)

Ive played wow since start... but no idea of beta testing... im no pro player.. so my question is, can I offer anytihng in beta testing.. is it worth me signing up?

Dont play much nowadays .....saving up my well earned 'spend time with mrs points'  to spend on CF when its released  :D   but just wandering if there is anything I can do to help CF?

Edited by Fitzz

If you can remeber how quests, mechanics, etc in vanilla worked, and you can differ between vanilla memories and other expansions, and you're willing to research a bit, then you would be of great use to developing.

Don't underestimate yourself @Fitzz

Hello ,I'm new to this server scene. I've completed my application to testing ,any word at this time ? I could contribute to this cause probably until the end of MAY. Probably after September but that's a long way. So if there's anything I can do to help ,let me know. I'm ready and willing ,this game (esp. vanilla) is worth it. I remember a lot of 1-30 leveling and progression ,I've looked up quests ,prof.quests and I love fishing ,so I can test your fishing if you want to xD 

i applied, have worked in alpha and beta stages on the original vanillaa. havent got a response, I dont check discord (not familiar with it) and my services for bug finding are still available. 

9 hours ago, Masquerader said:

i applied, have worked in alpha and beta stages on the original vanillaa. havent got a response, I dont check discord (not familiar with it) and my services for bug finding are still available. 

They usually (so far) take in testers in bigger waves sporadically rather than individually so don't lose hope :)

Dear community,

How's the testing coming along thus far? Still way to occupied to even keep track of the forum regularly but i'm so excited for this release. Best of luck to you all and stay in touch!

11 hours ago, Evalura said:

Dear community,

How's the testing coming along thus far? Still way to occupied to even keep track of the forum regularly but i'm so excited for this release. Best of luck to you all and stay in touch!

Slowly but surely. Asura remains convinced we are still on track to release this year, Darkrasp has done some preliminary work on TBC, and things are progressing along nicely.

Been a while since i posted something in here, but MAJOR habbenings once again :--D gj crestfall!

20 minutes ago, Smirre said:

Been a while since i posted something in here, but MAJOR habbenings once again :--D gj crestfall!

agree :)

my RL friends (who cant speak english very well) are bugging me to death with the question "when is this server coming out???" :o I always tell them that I assume late summer, and I hope my assumtions are correct; although, I doubt it a little bit :( .

Signed, eager to give my two cents in case of need. 

I'm really happy that everything is moving forward. Haven't been here awhile (moving to a different apartment, no internet, etc.) but really glad to be back.

Should you still be in need of Beta Testers, I should always be readily avaliable