Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stargirl

Question about 2hand Warriors

Hello Fellas,

As far as I remember I wish to play an Arms Warrior in vanilla. I tried a few times on other privates, but as soon as I reach the levelcap I was forced/forced myself to play protection or fury and soon quit playing.

I wish to play as Arms Warrior, who swings Ashkandi, but I have no Idea how to reach this. I dont have to raid as Arms but I dont want to respecc every raidnight...

if I choose to play as "pure" Arms warrior I fear I wont get a raid spot. 

If I play as Fury Warrior (and take the extra mile) I will get the spot, but wont have the fun playin what i want. Maybe I will get Ashkandi for offgear - but i will be forced to respec everytime I want to play what I want..

So I thought of maybe skillin 31/5/15, play as arms and raid as offtank (and go the extra mile of defgear gathering). This will be very time consuming because I need to min/max two gearsets - but in the end I could play what I like.

what would you experienced players advice me for reaching my goal of playing pure Arms? What are your experience? How will 2hand weapons will be tributed when they are "not viable" in raids? What can you say about your experience of the 2hand warrior?

You usually have offtanks using Nightfall on bosses so if you take up a raid slot as a Nightfall Arms Warrior then you'll actually contribute with something, so it could work in MC/BWL Raids where people don't tryhard as much. But don't expect to get to equip Ashkandi or other weapons unless the guild is very chilled out about having offspec people in their raids. Maybe crack a few jokes or tell some good stories in Mumble and you'll become liked enough that it's worth having you in raids despite losing out on some dps. It all depends on the guild, but personally I wouldn't have anything against a dedicated Arms warrior as long as he used Nightfall.

Ambitious guilds will demand that their dps warriors play either 2h fury or dw fury (depending on weapons available). Arms only has a place in PvP. If you find a more open-minded/less ambitious guild they'll probably let you play arms in raids.

3 hours ago, Stargirl said:

Will nightfall be used even in naxx?

Any excess tanks on a bossfight will have to use Nightfall as there's not much else they can do so yes it's used.

I think the main problem with having Arms Warriors in the raid lies in that Mortal Strike uses a debuff slot. I'm not sure what debuff priority MS is at, maybe when there's only 8 debuff slots there's no problem as the high-priority debuffs like Curses, Sunder Armor etc. aren't easily overwritten. But in Ignite instances (AQ/Naxx) I would guess that MS debuff is one of the debuffs that runs the risk of overwriting Ignite depending on how many other medium-prio debuffs are used, and at that point it might harm Mage DPS or force Warlocks to use less Corruptions. But I'm not sure about MS debuff priority which I guess is a factor in how useful Arms-specced Warriors are.

It's actually a useful debuff on bosses that heal themselves like Gluth or the Twin Emperors but those are very few and not really worth bringing an Arms Warrior for.

Come TBC having an Arms-Warrior in the Raid is very benificial. If I were you I would roll Horde as Windfury is a godsend to the Specc and as the people said before me, look for a medicore guild that does not care THAT much about min-maxing. It's not that Arms-Warrior is per se bad, it's still more dps then a Ret i would say, but fury just outshines it in the long run. Nevertheless in the end it's your character and your fun that the game has to give you, so go for it.