Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Audio

Warcaft Machinima Tool Tutorial

Nice Video, always wanted to know how these epic camera shots were done since there is no GM Fly Mode in the 1.12 Client. Using the 3.3.5 never occurred to me, lol. Keep up the good work. I will definitely put some footage together for your contest next week! I am not convinced though that forum avatars are the appropriate prices to motivate people ^^

(btw, as a mathematician I have to point out: there are no tungents, only tangents. <3 )

The only reason why I don't like that others get and can get CF avatars is because then avatars of the Staff don't stand out. Some random guy on the forum can have a similar avatar and one might think he is part of the team. Can cause little bit of confusion.

Edited by Clavus

2 hours ago, Summer said:

I am not convinced though that forum avatars are the appropriate prices to motivate people ^

You get a bar of soap if you win, too. And a virtual hug.

2 hours ago, Clavus said:

The only reason why I don't like that others get and can get CF avatars is because then avatars of the Staff don't stand out. Some random guy on the forum can have a similar avatar and one might think he is part of the team. Can cause little bit of confusion.

Don't worry, @Audio will just edit the winner's icon with the text 'a dirty common pleb' to differentiate members from staff...that and staff usually have a color coded title under their username here on the forums :P 

Thanks for the tutorial! Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to participate unless I can find WMT for 2.4.3 DX I'll see what happens!

Edited by cell007

I have the source code for all WMT versions. It is possibly to port it to vanilla.

Edited by Daribon

4 hours ago, cell007 said:

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to participate unless I can find WMT for 2.4.3 DX I'll see what happens!

That's why I am downloading the 16 GB of the 3.3.5 client atm :) Will probably take some more time to set up my own 3.3.5 server as well but what else is there to do until December, 26 anyways? :D

11 hours ago, cell007 said:

Don't worry, @Audio will just edit the winner's icon with the text 'a dirty common pleb' to differentiate members from staff...that and staff usually have a color coded title under their username here on the forums :P 

You're right, but then again imbaslap and Nogar also have those kind of avatars. (rightfully imo) They are largely involved. Compared to them it just feels weird to me. In the end everyone will have CF avatars when Audio finishes all the requests he gets. It just feels 'meh' and always will. I just wanted to put it out that I didn't like that other than staff and the alpha testers got and could get the CF avatars and thus take away from the uniqueness.

You can take my nelf avatar from my cold, dead fingers.

On 12/3/2016 at 7:53 PM, Summer said:

Nice Video, always wanted to know how these epic camera shots were done since there is no GM Fly Mode in the 1.12 Client. Using the 3.3.5 never occurred to me, lol. Keep up the good work. I will definitely put some footage together for your contest next week! I am not convinced though that forum avatars are the appropriate prices to motivate people ^^

(btw, as a mathematician I have to point out: there are no tungents, only tangents. <3 )

Haha yeah I didn't know how to write "tangents" I just watched a video of a guy with an accent so I thought he was saying tungents.

As for the forum avatar not being motivated enough, well I wouldn't know what else to give them. A background maybe? not sure but hey it is atleast something right :P

I'm looking forward to see what footage you come up with :D

On 12/3/2016 at 8:18 PM, Clavus said:

I make avatars for people that donate or contribute to Crestfall directly, so it's not just the staff. I make the avatars for the staff for free tho, but I also make them for people who invest alot of stuff in the community as in providing research etc. Hope that clarifies it a bit more ;) 

19 hours ago, Clavus said:

I'll help you out @Elicas

Took me 4 hrs of worktime.

IMG_20161204_212539.JPG

In honour of your hard work, please see my new avatar.

7 minutes ago, Elicas said:

In honour of your hard work, please see my new avatar.

I'm thoroughly honoured and surprised.

Hey Audio,

is there a way to increase the draw distance in the 3.3.5a client? Or serverside? Im using trinity atm. Because if I go into free camera mode only the NPCs/Monsters near to the original character are shown.

On 12/6/2016 at 6:06 PM, Summer said:

Hey Audio,

is there a way to increase the draw distance in the 3.3.5a client? Or serverside? Im using trinity atm. Because if I go into free camera mode only the NPCs/Monsters near to the original character are shown.

Sorry for the late response,

There is no option however to increase the distance that you can see mobs / npcs to my knowledge.

As far as I know it is only around your character's radius that you are able to see mobs and npcs.

Hope this helps!