Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

spazyspaz

What changes from the base Vanilla would you like to see?

Would you want to see any changes?   158 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see changed?

• Absolutely Nothing! This server should be 100% true to Vanilla with no alterations at all.
    • Minor changes to give some classes a few Quality of Life improvements without changing what they are.
    • Dungeons should be modified to be tougher or easier!
    • Raid bosses should be modified with a few new tricks to surprise us and give us the feeling of progression in unknown territory again!
    • Remove some Vanilla bugs that were in the original game. Bugs don't count as real vanilla!
    • Apply the Burning Crusade debuff system that allowed more than 16 debuff to Vanilla.
    • Buff the Raid boss Hogger's damage.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
67 posts in this topic

Let's face it.   While we all came here to see retail blizzard, there are plenty of servers for it.   What i love about Crestfall is that they are building their own code and making the game their own way to create a truly fluid experience of a game that we all know and love.  However, part of me got to thinking, "Hey, I remember beating most of Naxxramas on retail.  I played on a private server, and am busy raiding it again but...   while some strategies changed a little the fights were still the same."  While I Love the fights, going to some of these fights after  8 years and knowing exactly what to do was kind of...   disappointing?  Unless there was a bug with the boss, there isn't the same since of wonder that you got while your guild and everyone else struggled with coming up for a strategy on how to deal with Ragnaros!   I remember we tried to run a prot paladin till they oomed him instantly.  I remember the insane dps pushes that were nearly impossible in just Molten core gear to down him before he made sons of flame.   I remember the boss having 384 hit points and submerging a second time, dooming us to a wipe.  This progression was fun and it was intense and the kills were so rewarding.

At least until Vaelstrasz the guild breaker.   Lost two guilds on that guy.   Seriously...  He's a dick.   Don't change him at all >:)

However, part of me thought that some bosses ((Especially in Molten Core)) Could use something to change up their fight to give us that feeling of wonder from seeing a boss, and trying to figure out and theorycraft how to over come its abilities.

Frankly, i would love to see nearly every boss in Molten Core altered with one or two new abilities or mechanics to add some mayhem to the fight.  The only bosses who I don't think need to change are: Shazzrath, Lucifron, Majordomo, Ragnaros. 

So, I wanted to post this thread to see what peoples thoughts were on Crestfall doing more than just making a 100% pure retail srever, but making a server that was meant to keep the inspiration and love we all had for Vanilla and give us something more.   

What changes from the base Vanilla would you like to see?

Remove Barrens chat.

It can definitely be argued that to keep the game "blizzlike" raid bosses have to be buffed and made more unpredictable. Even if the numbers aren't the same as back in the day, the actual difficulty will be closer to what it was back then. Other than that I wouldn't touch anything else lest people will think of CF as a "fun-server" which will affect the population. CF is going to be a progressive realm anyway so trying to make a new kind of vanilla isn't really the main objective.

Having said that, a vanilla private server with completely new stuff, but the same class design/difficulty/philosophy would be really cool.

32 minutes ago, duzyizly said:

Remove Barrens chat.

I'm curious. Is barrens chat really so much worse than, say, Westfall's or STV's chat?

1 hour ago, duzyizly said:

Remove Barrens chat.

Duzy, how could you?! Chuck Norris, that's what she said statements, slurs, bitching about the Alliance outrunners, RFK/RFD groups, LFM WC NEED TANK AND HEALER, yo mama jokes, a/s/l demands, Thunderfury, Mankrik's wife, and [The Crossroads is under attack!] spam are essential to Horde culture!!

I wouldn't mind seeing harder tunes dungeon bosses and retuned raid bosses to make the content fresh and hard again.

On the other hand, that would end up with CF being labelled a funserver and having no population, so I don't want to see them change anything.

6 minutes ago, cell007 said:

Duzy, how could you?! Chuck Norris, that's what she said statements, slurs, bitching about the Alliance outrunners, RFK/RFD groups, LFM WC NEED TANK AND HEALER, yo mama jokes, a/s/l demands, Thunderfury, Mankrik's wife, and [The Crossroads is under attack!] spam are essential to Horde culture!!

Did someone said [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?

Ah, the Chuck Norris jokes.  Some of those were actually pretty damn funny at the time. 

Only one two things. Make boomkins and retardins viable.

Edited by Xaverius

Debugging notably glitchtastic bosses like Viscidious would be a good one, but overall, blizzlike is the best.

Lower respec costs missing but that one has been discussed thoroughly already :P And perhaps work on line of sight. Treestumps or fences should not block it but huge trees, and stuff like big carts should. On Kronos it is a bit overtuned but I really enjoyed the concept of it. Added some new tactics into fights as both ranged, melee and support classes can use it to their advantage.

Other than that it sure is nice to fix obvious vanilla bugs. I see no reason to keep them.

Edited by fruitsalad

Blink (terain exploit and falling through world), stacking blizzard, infinite crits with fire spells (aka combustion exploit 2 ways to cause it)) and 16 debuf slot (wrong debuf priority) have been bugged on all ps so far... lets hope its not same here

Make hunters shoot from melee range, there is no reason to flee from someone when I hold a gun kek.

To be honest, I want TBC. Except that I wished they something with the Human, Orc, Undead, Troll model.

All humans look the same. Orc, Undead and Troll have some serious back issues. I wish there was a more customization options in the character creator. Seems like Blizzard broke the male characters back on the Horde side, just so they could be the size with their female counterpart. It gives the male character a really bad attitude. Even tho Blood Elf have some femi gestures they are the only Horde race that have confidence. Therefore I prefer playing as Blood Elf, because it's the only real badass on that side, the others look like bunch of emo's except the cows.

I85VHDi.png

Edited by Heradon

I would love to have Hunter's being able to get Ranged Attack Power (RAP) from Attack Power(AP) buffs, just like they get RAP (and Melee Attack Power, MAP) from AP items.

In retail vanilla, hunters got both RAP and MAP from items with the AP stat on them, which is how the AP stat was intended to work. But for whatever reason this logic only applied to items and not buffs. 

So buffs like these Fengus' Ferocity, Juju Might and Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer would not benefit hunters at all (We'd still get the crit from Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer but didnt get the AP bonus) 

Despite the pure logic that AP should give both MAP and RAP since the 2 other stats already exists - then there's actually proof that AP buffs were intended to give both RAP + MAP from a GM response back in 2005: http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-hunter/263254.htm 

There are a certain number of effects a buff can have, and the Onyxia buff has no empty slots for additional effects. I've brought up the lack of Hunter love in that department to the team.

This is one of the things I think would be fair enough to fix, along side with making DM Tribute and DM E not solo farmable because it completely ruins the economy of the server, especially from a PTE stand point but that issue is already getting fixed so im happy about that.

Edited by Cruzix

Group loot from WotLK so hunters can't roll "need" on fire damage robes.

2 hours ago, Cruzix said:

I would love to have Hunter's being able to get Ranged Attack Power (RAP) from Attack Power(AP) buffs, just like they get RAP (and Melee Attack Power, MAP) from AP items.

In retail vanilla hunters got both RAP and MAP from items with the AP stat on them, which is how the AP stat was intended to work. But for whatever reason this logic only applied to items and not buffs. 

So buffs like these Fengus' Ferocity, Juju Might and Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer would not benefit hunters at all (We'd still get the crit from Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer but didnt get the AP bonus) 

Despite the pure logic that AP should give both MAP and RAP since the 2 other stats already exists - then there's actually proof that AP buffs were intended to give both RAP + MAP from a GM response back in 2006: http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-hunter/263254.htm 

This is one of the things I think would be fair enough to fix, along side with making DM Tribute and DM E not solo farmable because it completely ruins the economy of the server, especially from a PTE stand point but that issue is already getting fixed so im happy about that.

This :(

My best guess would be the GM who was supposed to bring the lack of Hunter love to the department team got hit by a bus making his way there. It's not too late though! @Darkrasp

Edited by Zecov

I'd love for a few of my personal wants to make it in (balanced classes, transmog). But that'd just open pandora's box of changing everything. 

My own personal desires (which also comes with a thousand things I dislike) or straight vanilla, as close to blizzlike as possible... give me the latter. 

I'd like to see some of the MC bosses tuned up a wee bit.

• A lot of the difficulty came from the game being new and fresh (aka logistics, people not knowing how to gear/spec) instead of actual mechanic and number tuning.
  • Readily available guides, both written and video cover every last bit of detail about the encounters, how to gear for them how to spec for them and how to play your role for them.
  • Private servers usually makes available gear that wasn't present on release (DM loot) or puts in the buffed items that came out in the later stages of vanilla
  • Private servers have the updated talent trees that make pretty much every spec significantly more powerful than they were at release

All of these are compounding issues which contribute to making MC feel way, way too easy and boring. While I'd like to see Molten Core bosses buffed to compensate for how much easier the game is on private servers compared to how MC was at release, I have no faith in these buffs being done in a non obtrusive manner. I've seen a lot, and I mean a LOT of people do content and balance mods for games over the years and the overwhelming majority of those creations were abominations in terms of gameplay. Hell, even professional encounter designers working for MMOs (including retail WoW) are really bad at their jobs. To me this feels like if you can't do it right, you shouldn't try in the first place. I don't want to see Lucifron adds have 400k HP and the encounter have a 4 minute, instant wipe berserk timer, but the adds having 5-10% more health and Impending Doom hitting for 2100 or 2200 would be decent changes.

Edited by Zaroua

10 hours ago, Zecov said:

This :(

My best guess would be the GM who was supposed to bring the lack of Hunter love to the department team got hit by a bus making his way there. It's not too late though! @Darkrasp

No.

More mounts, not necessarily new ones from the later expansions but using some of the already in game models like Thunder Lizards. I love mounts and there are just a lot of creatures I would be happy to put a saddle on. They could be for special events, special awards like first molten core clear or first fishing tourney winner when it comes but I think it would just be a cool thing that does not impact the vanilla gameplay in any way.

On 12/12/2016 at 3:52 AM, Darkrasp said:

No.

Darkrasp confirmed "huntards hater".

Having Dungeons and Raids harder would be a plus. Also try to get rid of all Vanilla bugs

crossfaction /say, at least in contested zones.

I also wouldn't mind a few changes to guilds. Disable /gquit and /gkick with warning bubbles to both sides when using /ginivite. And /gdisband should require game admin approval.