Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

spazyspaz

What changes from the base Vanilla would you like to see?

Would you want to see any changes?   158 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see changed?

• Absolutely Nothing! This server should be 100% true to Vanilla with no alterations at all.
    • Minor changes to give some classes a few Quality of Life improvements without changing what they are.
    • Dungeons should be modified to be tougher or easier!
    • Raid bosses should be modified with a few new tricks to surprise us and give us the feeling of progression in unknown territory again!
    • Remove some Vanilla bugs that were in the original game. Bugs don't count as real vanilla!
    • Apply the Burning Crusade debuff system that allowed more than 16 debuff to Vanilla.
    • Buff the Raid boss Hogger's damage.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
67 posts in this topic

I just want the less desired specs to get some love is all. Weather that be by general changes or increasing the debuff limit to bring more in, who knows.

Want to see some Boomkin/Elemental/Shadow play lol.

4 hours ago, Adalon said:

I just want the less desired specs to get some love is all. Weather that be by general changes or increasing the debuff limit to bring more in, who knows.

Want to see some Boomkin/Elemental/Shadow play lol.

They get chances to play already just not with the min-maxing crowd.

Fortunately tuning in vanilla is such that if you are OK with moving through content slower you can clear with pretty much any mix.

There are / will be guilds and groups at that part of the spectrum.

16 hours ago, Roadblock said:

They get chances to play already just not with the min-maxing crowd.

Fortunately tuning in vanilla is such that if you are OK with moving through content slower you can clear with pretty much any mix.

There are / will be guilds and groups at that part of the spectrum.

yes indeed, the min-maxing crowd really dislike that :D
I've always been in semi-hardcore guilds(don't have patience for immature/rude hardcore people that's why i dont play with them) and i've always played with weird compositions like Paladins tanking, sometimes druids tanking, and having a boomkin also, all i have to say is that raiding is alot more fun that way, sure you won't clear raids super fast but even then its not that fun anymore to raid for 1 hour maybe 2 and not doing much for the rest of the night, like most hardcore players do after 1 week of downing bosses.
Instead you could be running a weird 40 man composition and have some laughs, that's my raiding adventures hehe

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

I think most people could agree on "Vanilla without the glaring, game breaking bugs" seeing as they're irregularities that aren't supposed to be there in the first place, and really only serve to be mildly inconvinient at best. 

That being said I have one question. How is "Make the raid boss Hogger stronger" *not* a resounding, unanimous yes? He can't take over Goldshire and eventually Stormwind if he's not stronger.

I'd like the option if possible be able to play in window mode. 1 monitor for the server, 1 monitor for a movie,  discord, etc.

Just very frustrating being limited to 1 computer screen like Nost servers and make it even worse their game is extremely buggy. Its as if they never did any beta testing

On 2016-12-17 at 8:37 PM, ClawzTheMeow said:

yes indeed, the min-maxing crowd really dislike that :D
I've always been in semi-hardcore guilds(don't have patience for immature/rude hardcore people that's why i dont play with them) and i've always played with weird compositions like Paladins tanking, sometimes druids tanking, and having a boomkin also, all i have to say is that raiding is alot more fun that way, sure you won't clear raids super fast but even then its not that fun anymore to raid for 1 hour maybe 2 and not doing much for the rest of the night, like most hardcore players do after 1 week of downing bosses.
Instead you could be running a weird 40 man composition and have some laughs, that's my raiding adventures hehe

Well damn thanks for the nostalgia, at the end of vanilla I used to run tauren only MC and ZG just for fun. We had DPS shammies, druids and druid tanks. Fun times!

On 12/11/2016 at 8:21 AM, Cruzix said:

I would love to have Hunter's being able to get Ranged Attack Power (RAP) from Attack Power(AP) buffs, just like they get RAP (and Melee Attack Power, MAP) from AP items.

In retail vanilla, hunters got both RAP and MAP from items with the AP stat on them, which is how the AP stat was intended to work. But for whatever reason this logic only applied to items and not buffs. 

So buffs like these Fengus' Ferocity, Juju Might and Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer would not benefit hunters at all (We'd still get the crit from Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer but didnt get the AP bonus) 

Despite the pure logic that AP should give both MAP and RAP since the 2 other stats already exists - then there's actually proof that AP buffs were intended to give both RAP + MAP from a GM response back in 2005: http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-hunter/263254.htm 

This is one of the things I think would be fair enough to fix, along side with making DM Tribute and DM E not solo farmable because it completely ruins the economy of the server, especially from a PTE stand point but that issue is already getting fixed so im happy about that.

And this is why us hunters have to accept being a support class for raids and 2nd tier dps #feelingrejected #stillrollinghunter

3 hours ago, LorewalkerCho said:

Well damn thanks for the nostalgia, at the end of vanilla I used to run tauren only MC and ZG just for fun. We had DPS shammies, druids and druid tanks. Fun times!

ye you're welcome =)
I never raided in vanilla WoW i was a noob back then i just got to level 30'ish i believe, i started raiding in TBC

Well i had this nice long post typed up but then I accidentally pressed F11 and then something happened and all my text is gone. Fuck this shit.

I would really like to see TBC onwards swimming mechanics. It totally ruins my immersion jumping around under water :P

Greetings, Buddhaseyes

On 10-12-2016 at 4:59 PM, Xaverius said:

Only one two things. Make boomkins and retardins viable.

Pve wise yeah, geared rets would become retardedly op in pvp though. buffing a class like spriest in terms of pve would also increase their damage in pvp, unbalancing it even more.

boomkin, atm, is gimp af idd, though they are still possible put out  3k+ burst in a global(if it crits ofc) so the damage combined with a strong af cc is oke. Possibly the mana cost for boomkin form could bevreduced to something in between travel & bear form. Atm the thing that makes boomkin unviable is the waste of space the actual form is, not the gameplay by any means. 

If you want to buff these classes to compete in pve thats fine, but it will fuck up the current 'pvp balance' /cough /cough that we, or just I, hold dear.

Edited by Marbo

On 19-12-2016 at 8:08 AM, Cenobite said:

I'd like the option if possible be able to play in window mode. 1 monitor for the server, 1 monitor for a movie,  discord, etc.

You can play in windowed mode, its in the video menu options to the right of UI scale. :)

Edited by Marbo

As I pointed in another thread I would like to see Druids/ Paladins and Shamans as truly support classes able to play different roles in the same dungeon even in end-game. That would require a re-thinking of some gears.

13 hours ago, Fladrif said:

As I pointed in another thread I would like to see Druids/ Paladins and Shamans as truly support classes able to play different roles in the same dungeon even in end-game. That would require a re-thinking of some gears.

rethinking is the TBC)

I'm for pure vanilla, with all it's pros and cons. While some alterations may be highly beneficial, there is always possibility of straying to far to the point it's no longer vanilla. 

I only have one non-blizzlike wish/suggestion that i would like to see, and that is the ability to name our non-combat pet's like hunters do their's. That would be really cool.

Frankly making things "harder" doesn't really strike me as good design. It's a lazy man's way out of adding "challenge"

"Hey Ted how do we justify harder difficulties?"

"How about making the player do less damage, the enemies damage sponges and make them able to one shot you on the hardest difficulty!"

It's obviously easier to crank up damage output than say rewrite an entire AI code from the ground up.

Farming isn't an issue anyways since an excess of gold only devalues the worth of items on the AH if the playerbase lets it. Inflation wouldn't really happen due to there will always be one player undercutting others so you won't see low level greens for 10G on the AH. Not to mention things like black lotus are on a spawn timer so it's not like you could flood the market and devalue them further.

Honestly the only changes that need to be done are oversights from the original game or possibly issues with the original game's coding, maybe even cleaning up the engine to allow for smoother and faster handling.

I would like to play in a WoW where the exp-bar and the levels were hidden so that you can identify a mob/player only as green/yellow/red. It would be a WoW where you can't really know when and where you'll level up. In this way, the game would be no more a marathon to level 60 and people would simply enjoy the level they're in and they will just play the quests and run dungeons for the fun of it.

Using the Burning Crusade music for the temple of the moon at Darnassus is the only change I need :3

I would really like some of the quality of life changes with some of the later expansion

-That is against the spirit of vanilla and vanilla is all about keeping it real!!

Yes, but I fail to see the appeal of inferiour design being praised as "teh best". Like take autolooting. That I would like in vanilla. Also I think Blizzard were geniuses with the addition of pet battles, which is essentially content appealing to the minority, with no game impact for the rest. That is great design. I think dual talents for vanilla (oh the humanity) would be nice, since you could even the field between PvP'ers and PvE'ers in BG's, or let healers have a dps spec for farming. The loss of a gold sink would then have to be taken into consideration and replaced by something else. I would like the WotLK quest-tracker on my map too, since people are using addons to simulate this in Vanilla anyways - it could always come with an option to turn it off if some people would prefer that.

Otherwise I really feel the appeal of the older version of Wow is the diversity of classes and specs (lol vanilla I know, but still), a mage and a warlock in an instance aren't just interchangeable casters, they offer different strengths for the group each. I feel this feeling was lost during Wrath and completely removed in Cata, but much of the improvements the player benefits from comes from later expansions.

LOS, certain stacks to 20 max(like potions, scrolls) and more lower tier world bosses that drop BoP's(zone specific stiff ie westfall a ~22, duskwood 35~(read stitches with mechanics))

imo vanilla could be so much more without changing the end-game, mechanics(except LOS), mid tier content or other class mechanics. Just by increasing the amount of things to do between 10-50 could increase the fun factor by alot.

but things like this are so hard to implement. Lets take the lower tier world bosses, what is stopping 60's from farming them to DE. Nothing and it immediatly stops serving its purpose(enhancing lower to mid tier gameplay) these kind of things need to be developed well, with mechanisms countering unwanted side effects.

I would love the lost of sight to be like later expansions so you can't shoot true trees etc. But i know they said they wont d that.

7 minutes ago, CHERNO said:

Blizzard Guild Bank and Calendar would be great.

33568413.jpg