Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tanv

(A) Lf Guild

Alright guys

I'm gonna get the ball rolling in terms of getting a guild/community to play with on launch day and beyond. At the moment I'm leaning towards being in a social guild with maybe a little bit of raiding at 60. I'm new to Vanilla so would benefit being in a guild where advice is freely handed out to help the new people in the guild. I'm not sure what I'll be creating yet. I'm still deciding between a mage and pally. I'm not afraid to jump on Discord/TS to have a chat while levelling either

Do any such guilds exist yet where I cn say I will join them come launch?

I'm sure there'll be a lot of casual/social leveling guilds on Alliance side once the realms are up. However, I'm in the same boat as you, at least being new to raiding in Vanilla. It's not a huge priority for me on my list of things to do when I play on Zul'Dare, but I would like to try it out. However, it's the finding a guild that's chill about raiding at 60 that's the key. I have no interest in number crunching or all that jazz. I know there are certain things you have to follow if you want to raid successfully and I have no problem doing as such...but to invest your entire time in solely raiding...yeah, that's not the reason I play WoW.

I've noticed that a lot of people on the PvE realm are kinda chill about the whole experience, though. It's more about enjoying the journey that comes with getting to 60 as opposed to 'gotta go fast' and get ready for raiding. ^_^ But if you want to join a guild off the bat at launch, hopefully others who are interested in the same thing will be open to creating such a guild with you? I'm more of a follower, than a leader, TBH so I have no trouble in supporting someone in their endeavors. I just wouldn't be any good at Vanilla type stuff since I only played retail Vanilla for a few months before TBC came out. 

Most guilds so far that seem for sure ready to go on the PvE realm are Horde side, at the moment. Maybe you'll be leading the first Alliance guild? 

I dont think I'll have the time or dedication into leading a guild. I've led like two guilds during my time on retail (quit now) both WPVP funnily enough and it just burnt me out. 

I also led a guild on the private WOTLK server Arathor before it shut down but getting older and having way more things to do irl kinda makes that hard now

I don't blame you. I've been chatting with another person who plays retail and he leads a guild. He's really dedicated to his group despite them not seeming all that grateful or aware of how much work goes into leading and keeping a successful guild group. But he's told me he's just tired all the time because of it. BUT...they are a raiding guild so that might explain it. I wouldn't want to lead a guild or be responsible for one, either. Usually, I find it a lot more pleasant when the guild leaders get serious when they have to but are pretty much just chill people you can be friends with 99% of the time you're playing.

Edited by cell007

It's far too early for most guilds to be organizing for CF yet. A huge amount of the PvE community has been put on red alert for Saturdays Nost launch, and as such until CF has a release date there isn't too much organisational action going down at the moment. Also, no social guilds on Alliance, we're all super cereal server first hardcore raiders.

Early in its existence, every promising and growing guild comes under spitefully malicious attack from the leaders and senior members of other same-faction guilds who see the new guild as a potential rival. The underhanded conniving and ethically bankrupt abuse are worse than what you might see in an Iranian prison. Founding a guild is only for masochists who want to be treated like utter dirt by unscrupulous and unprincipled self-styled "competitors."

For that reason, I'll be levelling solo (with ad-hoc grouping for group and elite quests and dungeons) and waiting for a few months for a few guilds to become solidly established and populated and all the mutual dick-biting to fade into the background. But I'll also be looking for a social guild where conviviality and good cheer and good behaviour are valued more than ingame performance. My view is that hardcore players have forgotten that the point of playing a game is to enjoy it and not to get phantom props for "achievements" that don't mean diddly in practical terms (unless you're the extremely rare exception who earns an income playing WoW). That doesn't mean I want hardcore abolished, as people have a right to throw their lives away, and it's none of my business if they do; but I want to avoid them both ingame and in real life.

I'd be interested in that kind of social, not too hardcore guild.

I've had experience in creating and managing a guild in retail Vanilla. It was actually created on a forum prior to launch, a bit like here. And it's quite fun to have a place to arrive into when you log in, with some familiar faces from the forums as a seed. After that, it'll grow by inviting likely-minded players. 

The charter of the guild could read something like that:

This guild is meant as a place for players to interact and socialize within the World of Warcraft. There is no bar to entry in this guild, level-wise, race-wise (even Gnomes!!) or skill wise. A positive and friendly attitude towards exploring the various facets of the game and interacting with other players is all that is expected. 

Players are welcome to engage in all activities such as fishing, trading, RP, PVP, raiding and will be trusted to lead initiatives in that regard. 

Feel free to suggest amendments to the charter. As for a possible guild name, I hereby propose : 

• Alliance Scum
  • Knights Ordaiz
  • Cresftallen buddies (is that problematic @Darkrasp ?)

Disclaimer : I'm not available to lead such a guild as I have very little in-game time :| But I'll happily provide some good mood :) 

On 1/27/2017 at 5:10 AM, hettar987 said:

I'd be interested in that kind of social, not too hardcore guild.

I've had experience in creating and managing a guild in retail Vanilla. It was actually created on a forum prior to launch, a bit like here. And it's quite fun to have a place to arrive into when you log in, with some familiar faces from the forums as a seed. After that, it'll grow by inviting likely-minded players. 

The charter of the guild could read something like that:

Feel free to suggest amendments to the charter. As for a possible guild name, I hereby propose : 

• Alliance Scum
  • Knights Ordaiz
  • Cresftallen buddies (is that problematic @Darkrasp ?)

Disclaimer : I'm not available to lead such a guild as I have very little in-game time :| But I'll happily provide some good mood :) 

Hey I am starting an international Social guild on the Alliance if anyone is interested in joining here is a quick link