Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xsaeta

New guy reporting in.

This may end up being a long rant if I'm not careful, I'll try to avoid that.

Hello everyone, looking forward to calling Crestfall home at some point. I've fooled around in the private scene a little bit before, not delving to deep into it, not really wanting to devote time to it. Then came the whole Nost drama. Keeping tabs on that while it was happening, it made me think of times gone by. I've always had two main regrets with the live version since I've been playing. One being that I was not there for vanilla to experience the old 10 man versions of strat/scholo, and more so the 40 man raids, the other was that I missed TBC raiding as well. I looked around for awhile, only succeeding in finding PvP servers that looked promising just to get ganked the first moment I stepped into contested territory. Nost then announced the Elysium merge, as you all know, and I saw that they didn't plan on making a fresh PvE server. Hoping for a fresh start I looked around the internet a bit more. That is when I found Crestfall. It looked like everything I had hoped for in a private server, just.........better. All the things I've seen sound too good to be true, but damn, I really hope they will be true.

As far as the Vanilla scene goes, however, despite having played it when it was live, I may as well have started in BC. I hit level 58 a day or two after BC launched, so while I did technically play Vanilla, I don't really consider myself as having "played Vanilla". That being said I've got a large number of questions about how Vanilla truly works, but that is not for this topic. I just mean to give a quick background of my MMO experience, as it were. As far as WoW goes, I've played every expansion but didn't really get seriously hardcore raiding until MoP and all of WoD as a Blood Death Knight. I raided a bit in WotLK, skipping Ulduar(The one raid I didn't manage to do, go figure). I like to think I at least know how to play the game a bit, heh. Other MMO's I've played consist of FFXI and FFXIV, both since launch. I did what was essentially raiding in FFXI, which is why I didn't do anything of substance in Vanilla or BC.

All in all, what I hope to get out of the experience, is a good set of friends and a lot of fun. I want to get rid of those regrets concerning Vanilla and maybe even BC. But mostly fun. I prefer to have to work to get what I want and while live does still offer that in the form of mythic raiding, I think of how my fresh level 110, ilvl 822 Survival Hunter made it to ilvl 854 in two days and got an ilvl 890 trinket from the world boss. Without that hunter setting foot into even LFR, I had gotten a piece of gear better then Mythic Emerald Nightmare can give without Titanforging heavily. I think of how, back in Cata, I did nothing but quest without any sort of exp bonus, and still went from 1 to 40 in one day. It's gotten.........silly, let's say.

Sorry if that rant went a little long, but I tend to get a little wordy just trying to explain things. Good to be here!

3 minutes ago, Xsaeta said:

All the things I've seen sound too good to be true, but damn, I really hope they will be true.

This is what we all hope, too.

Anyway, welcome to CF's forums, Xsaeta! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I too started kinda late in the Vanilla scene (four months before TBC came out). I think CF will be a great alternative for us to experience those gruesome level grinds and working our asses off for any raid spots and gear we might want! :) A lot of people here want the same as you - to experience the game as it was back then and maybe progress toward WotLK content (Cata seems to be a cut off for a lot of people) but make lots of new friends and memories along the way. So you're definitely not alone. A lot of us are also hyped for a fresh PvE start, too, with all of CF's promises. It's sure to be a great experience for us if the devs deliver. 

Make sure you sign up for closed beta - I think they're still taking apps. 

Either way, have another welcome and hope to see you around the forums and on launch day!
giphy.gif

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate the use of a Dr. Evil GIF, quality post. Thanks for the heads up on the beta, I'll take a look at that.

14 minutes ago, cell007 said:

A lot of people here want the same as you - to experience the game as it was back then and maybe progress toward WotLK content (Cata seems to be a cut off for a lot of people)

Personally I'm okay with everything up to an including MoP, though I have no expectations of getting there. Vanilla and BC alone would be fantastic, Karazhan was my first raid.

I'll try to be around the forums, though I don't know how much of substance I can add, being new to vanilla and private servers more or less.

There's actually a whole heap of us here who were there through most of vanilla but never did any actual raiding. Do much to redress, so little time...

"Long rant"
>writes only three paragraphs

You have severely underestimated the resident spinners :P.

I did say that I would try to avoid making a long rant after all, heh. I could've written pages, I made myself stop. You may be right though, for all I know the really long winded guys make full essays.

20 hours ago, Clavus said:

You should definitely stick around for Ulduar! That raid is fantastic!

I definitely want to, make no mistake about that. Hearing "That was the best raid since Karazhan" made me sad. Thanks again guys.