Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VeloxBanks

Having trouble picking a class (slightly dramatized)

28 posts in this topic

It's a real pain when your favorite class (or rather the only one you've played) is the second most played and probably first most hated. For many it means nothing but for me it's a deal breaker. I'll let you all guess what class I'm talking about. The clues are there.

But then what? That class is all I know. Oh, I know! I'll play a Mage! But I don't wanna use frost and that'll probably be expected of me during leveling. Hey, what about a Hunter! I mean... I'd have to switch from human to another race and that's not really something I wanna do... Plus, people really hate hunters too. I guess I could go Paladin... But then I'd have to either heal or hang myself. Plus people aren't too fond of Paladins either.

This dilemma is maddening. Not to wish such suffering onto any of you fine people, but I certainly hope I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm in a situation where any choice I make will come with a great deal of negatives. Every option is bad. No less, no more. At least as long as I think the way I currently do. 

For those of you who are struggling with your class/race choice, how are you going to make your final decision? Will you just forget everything else and simply play whatever you feel like even if it's an undead Rogue? Or are you going to go for the second best alternative?

I was bored and had to write something to keep myself from falling asleep. cut me some slack.

Leveling as fire is very fun though.

edit: Are you talking about Rogue?

Edited by Sque

I'm rolling a paladin because lavender tiger mount, and in the long run I'd love to tank WotLK dungeons. And I hate healing, so it's going to be ret/prot.

The truth is, I don't care and just run with whatever feels good.

just roll a troll huntard...and enjoy every moment of the journey.

7 minutes ago, mrmr said:

just roll a troll huntard...and enjoy every moment of the journey.

Dwarf hunter*

;)

My signature answers your question. :D

I'm going to main an elf RP toon who's primarily a noncombat tailor. My combat, non-RP main will be a hunter, and I'll try both orc and dwarf before I decide which I like better.

Clearly  your only option is to go Night Elf Mohawk.

Anyway,  I can't say I have this problem though I understand where you're coming from. I'm not too fond of Vanilla raiding so I guess it's not a huge deal for me to pick the best class/race combo.I say play what you want and what you're good at - nothing worse than trying to level up a class/spec you hate because you feel like everyone will hate you. 

And yes,  paladins are bad. The only good paladin is a dead one. :U

Edited by cell007

I have a similar problem. I want to level an undead shadowpriest because I never really played horde and I really like the class. But I want a dwarf paladin as well because I have always played it. And there is nothing more fun than playing in a group as paladin. Be it healing or tanking dungeons or supporting in PvP. So I will probably go with those two. 

But I like tanking as warrior as well and really enjoyed my way to level 40 as hunter too. World PvP was just awesome. The mobility and playstyle of druids is a lot of fun as well. And I like the unique abilities of warlocks and the style rogues have. I am sure just about any class has something I really would enjoy but I can't possibly play more than two. Decisions, decisions :S

All I can tell you is that if you really enjoy playing an undead rogue, roll one. Your choice should not depend on the opinion of others. Neither race, class or spec is what is making other players like or hate you. It's how you interact with them.

Edited by fruitsalad

1 hour ago, VeloxBanks said:

Will you just forget everything else and simply play whatever you feel like even if it's an undead Rogue?

At first I will level a warrior as I could not finish that journey on Nost, and decided to do that here on Crestfall. I had a blast doing that. But after that at some point I'm gonna level a melee warlock alt, so I guess I'll play "whatever I feel like".

Going to have to echo the sentiment of "Just play what you want, it doesn't matter". I had planned on rolling Warlock and nothing is really going to stop me. Except other Warlocks summoning a Doomguard on me, perhaps. I seem to remember running around Goldshire around level 7 or so and this Doomguard was fighting a different Warlock, that other Warlock died and the Doomguard just decided it didn't like me and put me into the dirt.

Just do like i do, play whatever you like and just have fun lol.

I've played as an alliance Night Elf Druid before, now i'm going to play as a Tauren Druid.
I simply love the class.

2 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

Every option is bad. No less, no more. At least as long as I think the way I currently do.

I used to think that there is no black and no white in this world. Picking a druid, not giving a fuck about people that will want me to heal all the way. That's my favorite class even though some think it's a heal bot. Versatility, that's why i love it.

52 minutes ago, limov417 said:

I used to think that there is no black and no white in this world. Picking a druid, not giving a fuck about people that will want me to heal all the way. That's my favorite class even though some think it's a heal bot. Versatility, that's why i love it.

I like to heal in general so i tend to play with healing classes hehe, but as a druid i love to do a bit of everything but ofc since i love healing i'll still focus on healing end-game, like 55-60 dungeons and raids

Eh, just have every class like I do. With every profession. It's useful.

19 hours ago, Sque said:

Are you talking about Rogue?

Yes, I used to play a Human Rogue. Looking at some of the replies here made me consider it again despite it being the second most played class (probably).

In any case I'll try to think more about what I'd like rather than what people tell me. I guess that no matter what I choose someone'll always be on my back about it. In the end I'll just pick one of the options that suits me at random.

I´m still undecided between Druid (Night elf) or Warlock. Both are pretty rare classes so I don´t have a problem with that :P

My biggest problem tho is the Race for Warlock, I don´t like any of them. ... ... I wish there would be dwarf or troll warlocks :( Guess I have to wait till cata hehe.

2 hours ago, buddhaseyes said:

My biggest problem tho is the Race for Warlock, I don´t like any of them. ... ... I wish there would be dwarf or troll warlocks

I'm with you on that one. I fooled around a bit on Khronos a bit to see how that server was and setup a UI, went in thinking "Gonna make either a Dwarf or a Troll Warlock. Oh........Dwarves can't be Warlocks in Vanilla, oh well. Troll it is. Oh wait..........back to the drawing board."   Still going to be a Warlock though.

22 hours ago, mrmr said:

How many rogues does it take to kill a paladin?

It doesn't matter.  He'll be wearing Lawbringer and will simply Bubble Hearth out.

There's nothing wrong with playing a common class/race. Even a hated one. The rarest thing in the game isn't uncommon specs; it's people who excel at their role. 

You don't have to feel bad about being a human rogue. Be the best human rogue.

27 minutes ago, Dawnstorm said:

There's nothing wrong with playing a common class/race. Even a hated one. The rarest thing in the game isn't uncommon specs; it's people who excel at their role. 

You don't have to feel bad about being a human rogue. Be the best human rogue.

Yep that's also what i think.
I see people playing whatever race/class combo, what i don't see often is people that are really good at their class hehe

4 hours ago, spazyspaz said:

It doesn't matter.  He'll be wearing Lawbringer and will simply Bubble Hearth out.

That's why you need two....one to gank him and the other waiting at IF's inn.

On 12/18/2016 at 8:06 PM, VeloxBanks said:

For those of you who are struggling with your class/race choice, how are you going to make your final decision? Will you just forget everything else and simply play whatever you feel like even if it's an undead Rogue? Or are you going to go for the second best alternative?

Both! I've tried to let go of playing a priest so many times over the years, but always come back to it. If you're not in a huge hurry, you can level them at the same time.