Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crowley

Will Crestfall allow special characters in names?

63 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Shemp said:

Look up an ASCII table on google, it's a great resource.

Yeah man, you're right, let me alt tab out of my game to do that just so I can interact with someone who didn't get the name they wanted originally. Better yet, let me memorize all those codes for that purpose only. I don't know where I'd be without your advice.

Spanish here (Ñ, Ç)

I don't think enabling special characters would benefit more than harm, special characters are called special for a reason; Unicode is a tricky standard and special characters need to be treated with special care

3 minutes ago, Brikot said:

On retail my name was Dârkmágè. So pls blizzlike :D

Omg plz no.

Yeah, I remember on retail that some people were imo too lazy to come up with an original name resulting in names like the one above or with øă characters. Man that was a pain in the ass to invite them into guild or using /inv :P

2 minutes ago, Brikot said:

I think what needs to be removed are things like (Ñ, Ç) not the ´ ` ^ things

Yeah mate,

Ñ is just ~ + N
Ç is just ¸ + C

It's a bit more complex than that, ´`^ are on the same boat as ~ & ¸

40 minutes ago, HarTstaRx said:

Yeah mate,

Ñ is just ~ + N

Ç is just ¸ + C

It's a bit more complex than that, ´`^ are on the same boat as ~ & ¸

yea its a combination. ´ ^ ` are not combinations xD

Don't see any real problem with this, so why not? Definitely would help people who can't came up with new names(like me) and would have been stuck, if they name is "stolen" 

As for communication problem, most of them can be pronounced ( Méthøðmåñ - Methodman) even if it can be wrong

Could there be limitations of those by language ? Meaning if u played on a german server, you woudnt have stuff available that doesnt exist in the german language. Spanish language i think has some of thos apostrophs or what they are called. So on an international server i guess all of it has to be available. Maybe there is a bug too and need to be taken care of, like what language uses what apostroph. I mean you cant suddenly give the possibility to allow russian letters in character name or chinese name right ?

Edited by Brikot