Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quentinv

subhuman trash filter

Every MMO on earth suffers from the same problem: "toxicity," which is a euphemism for a chunk of the community being subhuman filth that should have been aborted before birth.

What does the Crestfall team propose to do to prevent that segment of the gamer population from coming to dominate the Crestfall player population the way it does retail and pretty much every legacy server?

This is an entirely subjective concept: Who are you to decide what classifies as human filth?  I would wager that it is indeed you who may be the harbinger of foulness to this and the rest of the private server community.  It almost seems like this post is a veiled attempt to summon it directly here.  Well, you received your wish, I have arrived.  Please carry on as you see fit, you failed abortion.

I brought up something similar here;

Essentially, the devs will ban the very worst offenders, but overall they're not too fussed or since they've no intention of trying to police the internet.

21 hours ago, quentinv said:

Every MMO on earth suffers from the same problem: "toxicity," which is a euphemism for a chunk of the community being subhuman filth that should have been aborted before birth.

I'm not sure if you're being unintentionally ironic or purposefully satirical with this.

Either way, I'm closing this thread before things get out of hand.

I suppose the short answer to the question is that we aren't going to do much.  We will moderate the official channels - World, Trade, etc. - but we will not moderate player-created private channels.  If you don't like what's being said in one of them, leave it.  That's subject to change later, but those are our current intentions.