Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chizzum

stuttering nameplates

This problem is something i've had since i started playing on private vanilla servers , i don't remember if this was a problem back in the days on live servers but here goes.

when you move around the camera the nameplates start flickering back and forth at times like mad , this is the same for standard blizzard nameplates aswell

does anyone else have this problem? or is the client just not liking my PC :/ 

i don't beleive it to be a graphic setting everything else plays smoothly, using gsync monitor etc 

Edited by Chizzum

Do you mean like what happened at the beginning when the Kobold's nameplate met the Deer's? If so, I know in later expansions you had the option "overlapping nameplates". If that's different in vanilla or that isn't even your problem I can't help.

Edit: 

1:50 check nameplates there, is that what you mean?

Edited by Clavus

my bad explaining, the bar moves horizontally left and right very fast when you move the camera around, i made another video to hopefully showcase it better.

it moves alot faster on my screen  as i see it in 120+ fps not 60 as it records to.

Ah, I see. I have no idea. What I could see is that the terrain is weird there and as the piggy moves it creates this vibration. Might just be more visible on the nameplates. It reminded me of the pathing mobs sometimes do when you're higher than them and they walk up to you in the air. There they have a similar back and forth vibration which is kinda similar, less frequent though. So yeah, my only suspicion is the terrain. I have no clue what it actually is.

Went and tested it, what I noticed was that the mob ran faster than me, so when it caught up it stopped moving. But in the next split second it had to start moving again. That repeated very frequently, but was nowhere as vibrating as yours.

Edited by Clavus

i suppoise it could be a mangos thing with the npc movements and terrain as you say, maybe the devs here knows what it could be :) i just don't remember irritating about it back in the days but then again i might have not been so picky then ^^

8 hours ago, Chizzum said:

i suppoise it could be a mangos thing with the npc movements and terrain as you say, maybe the devs here knows what it could be :) i just don't remember irritating about it back in the days but then again i might have not been so picky then ^^

You might have been playing at much lower FPS and it wasn't as noticeable?