Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
myrnym

Horde Warriors

39 posts in this topic

I've read a lot of conflicting opinions over the best choice of race for Warriors in PvE and PvP in Vanilla. I can theorycraft plenty on my own (UD vs. Priests/Warlocks, Taur for extra stun [but those diminishing returns], Orc vs. enemy War/Rog, UD vs Naxx, etc), but am looking for notes from people with actual experience in endgame raiding and hardcore pvping in Vanilla. None of the racial advantages currently seem absolutely necessary to do well in either PvE or PvP, they just seem to give edges in different situations, so feedback from well-practiced players would be most helpful in making a decision, I think.

Thanks~

for pve dps, the best horde dps warrior before naxx is orc, and the best warrior after KT is downed is troll

this is because axe spec makes orcs be better with axes

however with all the best in slot gear, axes won't be used; instead you'll be using swords, or a 2h mace if you're going 2-hand, and blood fury doesn't scale, while the troll's activated racial, berserking, inherently scales with gear, though since orcs do better dps before then you'll probably pick troll instead; undead and tauren don't get dps racials so don't pick either of those for pve dps

for pvp, the worst warrior race is troll while the best is undead, unless you really really want that stun resistance

and for tanking just pick tauren mainly for the hp

8 hours ago, Aquane said:

and for tanking just pick tauren mainly for the hp

Isn't that at most +250 hp?

1 hour ago, myrnym said:

That can be the difference between something like Broodlord doing you in 2 hits instead of 1 after an AoE cycle. In early progression with low levels of gear, extra tank health can be seriously important and a deciding factor.

Especially since it is a multiplicative boost when it comes to EH and mitigation.

On 6/21/2016 at 1:51 AM, myrnym said:

In Vanilla the Tauren racial was a flat 5% increase to max HP. It was changed to a + base health bonus in WoTLK, and a + stamina per level bonus in WoD. The Vanilla version's benefit increases as your gear increases and has no cap. It also stacks with buffs like PWF and Flask of the Titans. It's the best horde side PvE mitigation racial.

Just now, Keaton said:

In Vanilla the Tauren racial was a flat 5% increase to max HP. It was changed to a + base health bonus in WoTLK, and a + stamina per level bonus in WoD. The Vanilla version's benefit increases as your gear increases and has no cap. It also stacks with buffs like PWF and Flask of the Titans. It's the best horde side PvE mitigation racial.

No argument there. The benefit just seems, at best, minute.

From a strictly pvp perspective:
For horde I'd probably go Orc. Tauren stun is nice until you realize it DR's and has startup time. If you can and find yourself in situations where you consistently land it on 2 or more people at a time, then it's pretty good

but the anti-stun racial is seriously rediculous... warrior charge stuns, HoJ, rogues, druid bash and the HOST of RNG stuns that come from items or talents... this racial makes all of them a lot less worthwhile since they arent gauranteed, and you'll often see rogues on other servers use garrote over cheapshot on orcs just because of it. There's a reason most of these anti CC racials got overhauled in later expacs.

Undead's good but less good because you have three potential abilities that free you from fear. Undead is basically mandatory (from a min-maxing PVP perspective) for every class the race has available but warrior. But seriously, RNG stuns are everywhere and finally get removed in WoTLK (coincidentally when they remove most flat chance CC avoidances). Hardiness is amazing.

Tbh, even though expertise is priceless endgame. I would go with troll just for the haste racial especially if you're prob going Fury for Endgame raiding. 

Troll > everyone. They're regenerating 5 hp per second.

AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Dwarf Master Race.

especially for priests.

GTFO nelf priests.

Am I the only filthy casul, whose race of choice is based on aesthetics and lore, not on numbers? Anybody else?

I'll see myself out.

Edited by KlargDeThaym
Grammer

1 hour ago, KlargDeThaym said:

Am I the only filthy casul, whose race of choice is based on aesthetics and lore, not on numbers? Anybody else?

I'll see myself out.

There are dozens of us. 

Well, at least three here :P

Nelf > Tauren any day of the week.

For PvP:

• UD, by a LONG shot, WOTF is far too good to not have.
  • I guess Orcs for the stun resist, but its an RNG thing, so not as good as UD. Blood Fury is a liability (50% less healing is suicide for warriors in pvp, as every warr needs a pet priest/shaman to be most effective)

For PvE:

• Fury - Orcs for Blood Fury
  • Prot - Taurens for the extra 500hp
  • Arms - ayy lmao
Edited by Ester
Forgot stuff

PvE DPS:
Orc is obviously only better than Troll for PvE when you're actually using axes. The best weapons in the later stages of the game aren't axes. In the early stages of the game there's plenty of good axes. So it really depends. If you're planning to go for r14 you'll have access to some really good axes as well. In addition to this I'll add that the orc racial Blood Fury only increases your base attack power and thus won't get better with better gear. However, The troll racial Berserking scales really well with the better gear you'll get since it increases your attack speed.

PvE Tanking:
Tauren is the only good choice here since the endurance passive (TOTAL health increased by 5%) is just too sick to pass up.

PvP:
It's situational since it really depends on the match up. Orcs get 25% stun resist, which is huge against rogues mainly, but also on charge/intercept, Blackout procs, HoJ, Impact procs, Intimidation etc. It also works on grenades! Weapon skill doesn't do much in PvP. Blood Fury isn't always a liability. If you're not getting any heals anyway, you might as well get some extra AP. Undeads get WotF, which is strong, but not as strong on warriors, since they get fear immunity from Berserker Rage. You might get MC'ed or seduced by a lock and it's good on these occasions. Additionally, you'll often have healers running after you with dispels, so I feel WotF is better on other classes. Tauren get extra HP which obviously is great, but not gamebreaking at all. War Stomp is very situational, since it has cast time and only 8 yds range. Can be good if your own interrupt is on cd or to interrupt flag captures, but again, warriors got whirlwind. Troll is probably the worst in PvP since berserking doesn't do alot.

Edited by Frost

It's also important to remember; how likely are you to actually get the really good swords from Naxx? And I don't just mean downing bosses in Naxx, but how likely is it you will get into a guild able to down bosses multiple times before the server moves on to TBC and for those items to drop and for you to win then with the amount of Rogues and other Warriors about.

You're talking about ~20% drop chance weapons from some of the hardest bosses in the game, and you'll be competing against ~4-8 other melee after the same drops.

If you get them, your chance to put out the top of the top sword based DPS is a tiny fraction of the time you'll have playing Vanilla. It probably wont be long after KT goes down that the TBC conversion will arrive.

Go Axes, you get three of the top seven Axe drops in the whole of Vanilla drop within the first two tiers of raiding. The best of the Sword drops from T2 is Chromatically Tempered Sword, ranked 11th best Sword Drop. You'll have a much easier time gearing an Orc warriors based around two one-handed axes.

11 minutes ago, Elicas said:

The best of the Sword drops from T2 is Chromatically Tempered Sword, ranked 11th best Sword Drop.

For a non-human maladath is a better sword than CTS.

On a seperate note I completely agree with you that Orc is a better overall choice for vanilla.

Edited by Frost

12 minutes ago, Frost said:

For a non-human maladath is a better sword than CTS.

On a seperate note I completely agree with you that Orc is a better overall choice for vanilla.

True, I'm so used to playing Alliance I barely know Horde BiS listing, the overall point remains the same though.

2 hours ago, Moxey said:

Going tauren female for pvp cause i want to be a special snowflake.

It's the Dwarf female equivalent :x

I tend to be Human or Orc lately, i'm totally burnt out by undead as everyone is undead nowadays.

Edited by Marbo

orc for horde

gnom for aliyan pvp or humen for alien pve/pvp whatever be a fegit

In My Humble Opinion : Best Racial For A PVE tank warrior is The Tauren's 

PVP it's Usualy Undeads /Taurens can also compete here then Orc-Trolls

PVE Dps I'd Say Orcs

So if i'm gonna run a warrior i'd Go for a tauren eyes closed cause it's good for warrior in both pve and pvp

I just want to state that Warrior Armor Designes (T1) especialy Is Pretty much Orc-ish IMO that type of Steel Spikes it's Just Orcish add a Spinal And you'll be a damn fine Orc (all the Orcish ladies would kill to have you ) LOL

Another Thing I Hate Druids and i tend to kill them Any where Any time (NE especialy), even if i have to die like a piece of junk; Just kill the Damn Bears!