Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
myrnym

Horde Warriors

39 posts in this topic

As I always say about racials; none of them make a huge difference. You can roll whatever race you like, and that's what you should do. Unless it's downright terrible, like a Gnome Warrior/Rogue, you should be fine. I favor Orc myself. I don't like Tauren/Troll to begin with, and Undead, despite being my favorite race, look too frail to be in plate armor. Also can't stand the 2h swing animation on Undead, vs the Orc who holds his weapon up like a man. Undead, along with Gnomes, swing it like a baseball bat, or someone too weak to lift the thing. But for Rogues and casters, this doesn't matter at all. In Classic however I did have an Undead Warrior, the name of which was actually Deathknight. This was in Classic retail, long before we ever thought we'd get the class for real. BC wasn't even announced when I made that character. I've never tried to use the name since then, so have at it if anyone wants it.

Edited by Drain
too long

On 2016-09-17 at 4:22 AM, Frostbull said:

Another Thing I Hate Druids and i tend to kill them Any where Any time (NE especialy), even if i have to die like a piece of junk; Just kill the Damn Bears!

Where the fuck did that come from?

On 20.7.2016 at 9:17 PM, surveillance said:

orc for pvp and pve dps, tauren for tanking

this its obvious guys !

On 24.7.2016 at 4:17 PM, Frost said:

PvE DPS:
Orc is obviously only better than Troll for PvE when you're actually using axes. The best weapons in the later stages of the game aren't axes. In the early stages of the game there's plenty of good axes. So it really depends. If you're planning to go for r14 you'll have access to some really good axes as well. In addition to this I'll add that the orc racial Blood Fury only increases your base attack power and thus won't get better with better gear. However, The troll racial Berserking scales really well with the better gear you'll get since it increases your attack speed.

PvE Tanking:
Tauren is the only good choice here since the endurance passive (TOTAL health increased by 5%) is just too sick to pass up.

PvP:
It's situational since it really depends on the match up. Orcs get 25% stun resist, which is huge against rogues mainly, but also on charge/intercept, Blackout procs, HoJ, Impact procs, Intimidation etc. It also works on grenades! Weapon skill doesn't do much in PvP. Blood Fury isn't always a liability. If you're not getting any heals anyway, you might as well get some extra AP. Undeads get WotF, which is strong, but not as strong on warriors, since they get fear immunity from Berserker Rage. You might get MC'ed or seduced by a lock and it's good on these occasions. Additionally, you'll often have healers running after you with dispels, so I feel WotF is better on other classes. Tauren get extra HP which obviously is great, but not gamebreaking at all. War Stomp is very situational, since it has cast time and only 8 yds range. Can be good if your own interrupt is on cd or to interrupt flag captures, but again, warriors got whirlwind. Troll is probably the worst in PvP since berserking doesn't do alot.

On 24.7.2016 at 4:42 PM, Elicas said:

It's also important to remember; how likely are you to actually get the really good swords from Naxx? And I don't just mean downing bosses in Naxx, but how likely is it you will get into a guild able to down bosses multiple times before the server moves on to TBC and for those items to drop and for you to win then with the amount of Rogues and other Warriors about.

You're talking about ~20% drop chance weapons from some of the hardest bosses in the game, and you'll be competing against ~4-8 other melee after the same drops.

If you get them, your chance to put out the top of the top sword based DPS is a tiny fraction of the time you'll have playing Vanilla. It probably wont be long after KT goes down that the TBC conversion will arrive.

Go Axes, you get three of the top seven Axe drops in the whole of Vanilla drop within the first two tiers of raiding. The best of the Sword drops from T2 is Chromatically Tempered Sword, ranked 11th best Sword Drop. You'll have a much easier time gearing an Orc warriors based around two one-handed axes.

On 24.7.2016 at 4:52 PM, Frost said:

For a non-human maladath is a better sword than CTS.

On a seperate note I completely agree with you that Orc is a better overall choice for vanilla.

So in the end if i want to play fury warr on the horde side and aim for end game raids should i make an orc or a troll?

23 minutes ago, Smirre said:

So in the end if i want to play fury warr on the horde side and aim for end game raids should i make an orc or a troll?

Troll is better for vanilla end game.

5 minutes ago, Frost said:

Troll is better for vanilla end game.

I see, but i won't have problems getting in raids as a fury during MC and BWL for example? :P

5 minutes ago, Smirre said:

I see, but i won't have problems getting in raids as a fury during MC and BWL for example? :P

No, it doesn't make much of a difference.

11 hours ago, Smirre said:

Go orc. I find it ridiculous to advice people to play troll simply because that would be stronger with like full naxx gear. Through 90 % of the progression you will be better off as an orc warrior utilizing the many good axes that are available to you early in raiding such as Deathbringer for tier 1 and Crul'shorukh from tier 2.

13 minutes ago, Adelinemdr said:

Go orc. I find it ridiculous to advice people to play troll simply because that would be stronger with like full naxx gear. Through 90 % of the progression you will be better off as an orc warrior utilizing the many good axes that are available to you early in raiding such as Deathbringer for tier 1 and Crul'shorukh from tier 2.

I'm just answering his questions. If you'd read my other posts I actually advice people to go orc.

I recommend axe bonus for DPS simply because the axes come first. The thing is, you can't see the future. You might not even want to keep raiding after T1 or T2, or you might want to switch classes. The server itself might not even be around for Naxx. (NOSTALRIUS) You can never promise nor be sure of a private server's longevity. Or it might be shit scripted and you don't even want to bother. So I don't know why you'd take a long term gamble over a short term sure thing. But there's nothing wrong with Berserking, and the extra hits actually mean more rage. So... just pick the race you like the most.

Personally I plan to tank if I raid as Warrior, but will still be Orc, because that's my race. I don't like the others. I don't care how bad the racials are for tanking vs the others. If the guild doesn't like it, they can try to recruit a Tauren tank. If one isn't available, tough shit then I guess.

Edited by Drain

tauren or troll. Orc is a very good choice as well but you'll end up with the "grunt feeling" as all horde warrior tend to roll orcs except when they think about tanking before creating a char.

A little bit of a necro, but a thing i wanted to start a disscusion on.

One quick piece of thought about axe-specc and dps-racials. Yes they are good, but are you not thread-capped anyway? On CF rage for tanks will work so they will not have endless amounts to pump ludicrous tps like on other private servers.

So if thread is my cap why would i need another dps-racial that I can't use anyway?

Edited by pldcanfly

3 hours ago, pldcanfly said:

A little bit of a necro, but a thing i wanted to start a disscusion on.

One quick piece of thought about axe-specc and dps-racials. Yes they are good, but are you not thread-capped anyway? On CF rage for tanks will work so they will not have endless amounts to pump ludicrous tps like on other private servers.

So if thread is my cap why would i need another dps-racial that I can't use anyway?

Threat was *almost* never an issue on vanilla with good group composition to support a good tank. Either Horde or Alliance. Alliance has Salv, Horde has WF Totem + SoE. Salv does beat WF Totem + SoE in infinite rage scenarios, but those rarely happened in vanilla outside of Vael. WF Totem + SoE absolutely crushes Salv for off-tanking and is roughly equal for low rage environments.

Edited by Zaroua
almost

An Orc can tank just as well if not better due to different, maybe *better* itemization options when using an axe. This is even more relevant on a properly rage scripted server. They are not just for dps