Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Polyphem

Chest Loot and Respawn Issues

Greetings,

a common problem on many private-servers are the not despawning chests and containers in the open world in general. All too often i stumbled upon a chest, thought myself lucky, and upon looting i got an apple or a pie or whatever... The reason for this is, that someone already looted the good stuff out of it, but did not clean it up, which did not lead to a despawn (and therefore the activation of a respawn-timer) of the chest.

(http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Chest

As found on wowwiki an opened chest despawns after 5minutes if it was not looted. Thought out to the end this implies that an only partially looted chest should also despawn after 5 minutes. Of course containers in instanced areas need to be excluded from that.

I hope i'm at the right place to post this - i used the search function, but nothing of relevance was highlighted to me. Maybe this problem is already known, maybe there are other ideas about this?

Edited by Polyphem

i also would like this to be a priority or something to be remembered :)

Edited by ClawzTheMeow