Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bubblum

Mac Client for Crestfall

Hi, so there is a known issue with the clients running on Mac, what I'm referring to is that Zeppelins (from what I've heard) and boats for sure have issues. So you get on a boat and when you're supposed to arrive at the other continent you fall through the world, and end up wherever ( at Ratchet's graveyard if you took the boat to Darkshore from Wetlands specifically). Supposedly from what I've heard this is an issue with the client, and this issue was way back in Vanilla, since I didn't use Mac back then, I wouldn't know. One way to combat this is to logout on the boat/zeppelin, but since I believe that you want your game as good as possible, I'm wondering if working with the client is something you do here, probably not? maybe? Tbh I'm completely clueless on what you can and can't do as developers, I just thought I'd let you know, in case you could and wanted to fix it. It's not really an issue for me, so no worries.

Edit:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it, wasn't sure where it fit :P

Edited by Bubblum

42 minutes ago, Bubblum said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it, wasn't sure where it fit

Actually it is and the question (and others regarding OS X) came up before. But don't worry, you won't be the last.;)

Here you get an answer to the zeppelin/boat issue. Seems to be a server related issue:

There is another Mac thread over at the Technical & Support forums:

Ok, thank you. I also wasn't sure if this had been posted before, I searched mac client but didn't find anything, I forgot to add that though. Thanks for the response.

The search tool indeed returns zero results for mac, Mac, MAC, Mac OS, OS X or whatever. It doesn't seem to be completely broken, though. When I search for "crestfall" for example I get results.

13 minutes ago, Murok said:

The search tool indeed returns zero results for mac, Mac, MAC, Mac OS, OS X or whatever. It doesn't seem to be completely broken, though. When I search for "crestfall" for example I get results.

http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/search/&q="mac client"

;) basic SQL free text searches are not context aware which also means they often filter out queries below a certain amount of chars since they would return too many results...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't aware that there were so many Mac threads out there.

Greetings!

I went ahead and moved this to the "Technical & Support" section, as you're more likely to get appropriate answers regarding your future Mac concerns there.

Sincerely, Queeky.

Edited by Queeky