Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 1/2/2017

Posted (edited)

Nice, good to hear that Rodeg has recovered.

Edited by Heradon

Sap is an incapacitate effect mate.

;)

Didn't expect an update so soon. Keep up with the good work.

8 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

If you choose to play on Crestfall, when you ride a horse into a lake and get dismounted, that one was mine.  :)

Oh dammit! So when I end up getting dismounted in water, I will be cursing your name...

Jokes aside, great stuff as always ;)

3 hours ago, Ciar said:

;)

Essentially a stun with more variables, he said.

my guess(!) is that most stun/incapacitate effects look pretty much the same code wise. Bar that different variables have different(or no) effect on it(core side handling DR called it I think).

Looking forward to the hype videos.  Take your time and do it right lads, we believe in what you're doing and we'll wait to see the results.

Thanks guys for the updates. Sounds pretty good.

I would love some kind of demo video when you have any interesting mechanic worth of showing.

Regards.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Ciar said:

;)

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=6770

Tell me what Effect #1 is, mate.  Hint:  It's the only effect.  ;)

You are technically correct, though.  The "incapacitate" mechanic is somewhat different than the "stun" mechanic, although the effect is the same (rooted, silenced, etc.)

The point is that there are a lot of little tricks and behind the scenes elements that make spells distinct from each other.  Web DB's like Wowhead never usually show the spell attributes, you need a different program like QSW, or a .dbc viewer, to see those.  It's unusual for a spell to have more than two or three.  Sap has ten.  ;)

Edited by Darkrasp

39 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=6770

Tell me what Effect #1 is, mate.  Hint:  It's the only effect.  ;)

You are technically correct, though.  The "incapacitate" mechanic is somewhat different than the "stun" mechanic, although the effect is the same (rooted, silenced, etc.)

The point is that there are a lot of little tricks and behind the scenes elements that make spells distinct from each other.  Web DB's like Wowhead never usually show the spell attributes, you need a different program like QSW, or a .dbc viewer, to see those.  It's unusual for a spell to have more than two or three.  Sap has ten.  ;)

Mechanic: 12 (MECHANIC_STUN) for kidney shot and Mechanic: 14 (MECHANIC_KNOCKOUT) for sap.

but yeah you're right. The aura effect is (SPELL_AURA_MOD_STUN)

I'm happy to hear that things are going so well, keep up the good work team! :)

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Ciar said:

Mechanic: 12 (MECHANIC_STUN) for kidney shot and Mechanic: 14 (MECHANIC_KNOCKOUT) for sap.

but yeah you're right. The aura effect is (SPELL_AURA_MOD_STUN)

ERMAGERD CIAR IS NOW WORTHY!

naw but seriously, theres a distinct difference in how a "player" understands the ability and how the "game" interprets it. incapacitate is indeed a thing, but what makes an incapacitate effect? it resembles the same functions as a stun except a few minor things.  what defines those minor things are those special things called attributes. ;)

the game becomes simpler to the player once you start understanding how the whole weave of spells work. :P also helps in spotting bugs AND possibly where its bugged at. 

555.gif

Edited by imbaslap