Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Queeky

What drew you to Crestfall?

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Continuing the trend from this thread, I would like to address you another question, as part of my initiative to bring the users together. Everyone here is bound by the same values: their love for the legacy community, but, everybody has their own story regarding how and when they discovered this community and what made them settle here. What drew you to Crestfall?

Edited by Queeky

Posted (edited)

I  found out crestfall when all legacy drama started, right after the nostalrius shutdown. I personally havent played on nost but wanted to find a decent server to have a fresh experience. So here I am, with you guys for more than ahalf a year! The videos about clustering and dark's updates and stuff's honesty that's what drew me here.

Sorry for possible grammar mistakes.

Edited by limov417

Posted (edited)

Wowservers drew me here. I cant really reemember when.

What settles me here is the knowledge and dedication of CF team members (shown through discord, forum). I would love to have a character on CF that is atleast 3 years old.

And thx to that knowledge, i am definitly done with Mangos. Pretty sad mangos developers never admit the negative side of the codes, what is possible or not.

On a side i would rather give my best getting my own game done instead of putting effort in a mangos server.

I would like to write about CF's game content but thats currently not possible. So unpredictable, that it makes me very excited, that i really want to explore stuff ingame. Surely there are people who have given up on some content which they will probably see fixed on CF.

Edited by Brikot

Yup, it was wowservers for me too, confirming that reddit has a use after all. I found out about it just in time to join the forums. 

Since then it's been steady progress with some ups and downs. It's easily got the best Pserver community and long may that remain. 

Posted (edited)

Saw it on Wowservers ages ago. A bit after Nost shut down, I checked out the website and thought, 'Oh yay, another random 1.12.1 server /s' etc. And then I didn't pay any attention for a few months. But one day I checked it out again, watched the 2 hour stream/QA and go hyped as fuck.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Posts on r/wowservers are what drew me in as well. I don't think it was an official post from any of the devs but just a few comments. They intrigued me enough to where I looked up Crestfall myself in order to find out more. I really enjoyed the fact that the plan was to be PTE instead of staying at one expansion...after the disappointment that was Excalibur, VoA, K2, and Elysium for me, I knew I didn't want to stay at one expansion anymore. These servers all pretty much provide a terrible scripting experience so I was greatly seduced by the promise of a non-MaNGOS server. 

However, I stayed for the activity from the devs and the community, particularly players of the future PvE realm. 

I really hope CF delivers because I would love to make this my permanent WoW emulation home. Tired of being a server hobo. :)

The two hours stream was my main reason to join this community.

Came for the promising project, stayed for the awesome community and promising project.

There isn't really much else to it. I'm looking for a quality WoW experience and Crestfall is offering just that. Perhaps more importantly I feel like I fit into the community. Now, wether that's true or not is for everyone else to decide but I sure as heck like it here. It just seems like the people here are more chill.  Could use more shitposting doe.

Like most here, r/wowservers. Learning about this project almost makes up for the braincells I lost from frequenting that place. :D

It seems I'm one of the odd ones out as I don't go on r/wowservers or reddit at all for that matter. I also never plated Nostalrius before it was shutdown and have only recently joined the private server community after burning out on Legion due to it having excessive mindless grinding with no deterministic amount of time, just constantly play and if you are lucky you will get upgrades (now I know this has always been the case but it was usually just the drop chance which mattered, now you have 3 rolls for it to be an upgrade after it even drops). So I started stumbling through Youtube looking for answers as to where I could find the the game I fell in love with and which stole my soul, and was quick to find news about Nostalrius everywhere but it wasn't until I found an interview with Asura on Orcbit's channel that I finally found it! The game I would pour my time and passion into, the game which would rule them all!

P.S. The things which made me stay indefinitely are proxy servers (being an Oceanic player), the community as it seems by far the most mature, and the fact that I already have a family with <Abyssal>!!!

I found out about Crestfall when i tried out Elysium and played there for about 1 or 2 weeks, i started seeing people talking about Crestfall in the World chat and i was intrigued to learn more.
So i joined in September and i've been around since then hehe.
But this is not my first p-server/project thing, my first one was Feenix, i was there when Emerald Dream server was launched but it was a fiasco, many maintenance shut downs and lots of problems and lag.
Then i just gave up at private servers and played other games, then i heard about Nostalrius(this was 1 year after pvp was launched and pve was already launched), i think i joined like 1 or 2 months after the PvE server started, i played there for about 6 months more or less, enjoyed it alot as a Night Elf druid, i was decent at best while healing in dungeons and raids.
I plan to go horde side this time and play here as a Tauren Druid and maybe also have a Tauren Shaman since i never played that class.

Well that's it, sorry for the long post :ph34r:

I'm still half-lurking on those forums and haven't completely made my mind on joining or not but a friend from VG talked to me about this project. He for sure is hyped as fuck and I'm starting to be, it just pains me a bit to give up everything I have on the other server :o Time will tell, time will tell :)

Posted (edited)

I found Crestfall by someone mentioning it on youtube comments....at a video about legacy servers. :)

Edited by Zoldi

Posted (edited)

I found Crestfall on my own, looking for a new home when Nostalrius was closed. Almost no info by  that time, apart from that post and a bunch of comments on Reddit; and the development videos on YouTube.

Edited by Toche

I wanted somewhere I could play wow from the beginning. A true PTE experience.

I think I heard about Crest Fall after the Nost shutdown.

When Nostalrius shutdown happened, all the things that followed got my attention. I have always wanted to play legacy content, so I followed all those things closely, Mark Kern and his march to the HQ etc.

This got my nostalgic braincells to accelerate to a level I went to a nearest search engine and started to find some possibilities to play some legacy wow again. But the problem was; there was absolutely no possibility to play on a PvE realm on ANY private server (or atleast, not on any good one). I discovered quite a lot of servs, all PvP, so I ignored them. After some lucky searches, the engine got me to Reddit with a post about a project named Crestfall and them launching a PvE&PvP realms with a progression to expansions. This was all I was looking for and continued with the search about this project!

After discovering the vids on youtube and some dev talks, I knew I would want to play on Crestfall, even though I'd need to wait. Looked very promising!

After logging to forums, I discovered there actually was some very nice people around here and updates coming up weekly(ish). This was the last nail in the coffin; I will wait for the project to finish and play right here! =) You are good human beings, love to you all!

I discovered Nostalrius about a year and a half ago, my first p-server experience. It was... magical to be able to relive Vanilla in such a way. I was not aware of the limitations of the ManGOS core (although even I stumbled on a few bugs) and was really not happy with the absence of a PvE option, but it was still awesome. 

When Nost shut down, it was a really big letdown, but I decided to start looking around to see if there were other p-servers, but this time with a PvE ruleset. Suffice to say, I heard about Crestfall that way (plus a post on Nostalrius forums advertising open Beta in August, was I silly :P ), joined the forum and found the community to be mature and pleasant. That spirit, plus the attitude of the devs, is what make me believe in the project. I feel like I can recapture some of the magic of back in the time (I used to be in the WorldOfWar.net community during Beta and release, it was a great as well). 

Posted (edited)

Ok, it's morning, let's try again. This time the forum might not eat my post.

I found CF through google. Once upon a midnight dreary, I pondered, quite lively, o'er many a curious search result of wow freeservers. I express this endeavor every now and then, in a vain effort to locate a server that is good enough for me to give a damn and get involved with.

I did so at the close of 2015, trying to find a good TBC server. My work's conclusion found them severely lacking, so I went to Hellground. Then I got bored, and once more delved into the server searching. I found a plethora of janky servers that held together with string and force of good will, and also a few ones that seemed solid. The first of the was The Rebirth, the second was Nostrils. Since that one had War Effort lined up, I stopped by, but of course, they closed it two weeks later.

So back to the google search (I don't really close my browser tabs), and among those terrible places built of stock sticks and developer equivalent of duct tape, I found two places that impressed: Classic Warcraft and Crestfall. CW got my attention outright, by the tale of how one of their members deleted all mob and resource spawns and is spawning them again, by hand, this time correctly. Of course, in the month I had their forum open, that was all that happened.
Roughly reading the Crestfall forums, it became clear to me, that this project is led by absolutely insane maniacs. Very dedicated insane maniacs.

So I simply had to join. I am too tired and annoyed to play on another server that keeps the content of previous expansion in a state reminiscent of WWII Stalingrad just because it's not the current content. I can't be bothered to play somewhere where mini events in quests don't get fixed. I'm too tired by the fact the Trinity quality didn't progress in the past 7 years at all - and yes, as I came to learn, the bugs in quests and mobs on Trinity are exactly the same as on mangos. So if I am to invest my time and place myself somewhere in a dedicated fashion, it better be a server that has some prospects for the future and actually makes things work.

Edited by Xaverius

Found it through some extensive world chat shitposting on K2. 

i don't remember where i heard the name crestfall the first time but i've seen it a couple of times since i quit playing on kronos and when i heard nost was coming back through elysium i decided to dig into what crestfall really was. it took me maybe an hour of reading darkcrasp devposts and lurking on the discord channel to realise that this project will be a couple of levels above any other pserver project out there and the fact that it's PTE is a big deal for me and makes me wanna play here that much more :). crestfall is probably my last hope of a good vanilla/BC/wotlk experience again unless blizz decides to go legacy down the road ;)

now gief beta :x

And also, as a quite casual-style player, I really look forward to our dear developers' promise about fine details. Also this makes Crestfall being my definite nr.1 choice. This one is actually a big thing for me. Not only working instances/raids, there are small things everywhere. Quests, textlines, even emotes of NPC's. Even useless items or buffs working as intended. I call that quality :) These things were also a big reason for me to step in and trying to endure the wait :D

I got tierd of WoW after Wrath but still tried every expansion that came out in some desperate hope they bring the game back. Then i heard of the private scene and tried nostl and Kronos 1 out. Dident like the lack of quality on nostl but did like the numbers, the quality of kronos whas better but not good enough and it did lack players. So i playde a bit on them for fun waiting and hoping for legacy servers but dident happend. I saw this project hoping it could get better quality than previus servers and decent amount of population.

I somehow stumbled upon crestfall when googling for a new server to play on after nost shutdown. After reading through the FAQ I was sold

Was watching a video on ytb about an upcoming server(can't remember which one though), when I saw a comment mentioning CF. I checked it out and after finding out it will be a PTE starting in vanilla I registered. I was truly amazed by the professionalism of the staff as well as the kindness of the community which is unfortunately a rare case nowadays.

So in other words, came 'cause of PTE, stayed 'cause of community. :) <3 you guys :x

I travel a lot and for me, the most important part that makes Crestfall unique is the plan they have with the servers. If i understood it right they will have scaterd servers here so that you can be in south america or australia and still play on the same server with closely the same amount of ping. and hopefully it whont be 300-600 ping :P