Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JollySwagman

Vanilla bank slots

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know how much gold do you need to unlock all bank slots? I can't find any reliable info on vanilla bank anywhere.

Edited by JollySwagman

10s--->1g--->10g--->25g--->25g--->25g if memory serves.

2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

10s--->1g--->10g--->25g--->25g--->25g if memory serves.

This is from Wotlk (except adding 1 more slot for 25g)

In Vanilla it goes: 10s->1g->10g->25g->50g->100g

Thanks for the help! Wrote it down. The forum gods can lock this thread down now.

Easier to make a bank alt than waste the cash on the last few bank slots

26 minutes ago, Kelila said:

It's easy enough to buy the gold. It's fast, inexpensive and anonymous! /*runs and hides*

1 hour ago, Soothe said:

It's easy enough to buy the gold. It's fast, inexpensive and anonymous! /*runs and hides*

Lol, good joke ;)

Posted (edited)

On 1/6/2017 at 3:01 PM, Soothe said:

Well if you are stupid enough to sign up to a shady chinatown website with your real details, and then take the gold directly on  your main account instead of laundering it through 3-4 accounts via the AH you have only yourself to blame.

Follow basic opsec and you don't get caught ;)

Edited by DOGBERT

On 1/6/2017 at 6:33 AM, Kelila said:

Agreed. When it comes to it, having several alts (one for gathering profession, one for trade materials, one for consumables, and so on) with 16 slot or even 14 slot bags in the 4 carry-on slots, plus the first 3 or 4 tabs (typically I'd go up to the 25 gold slot and stop there) would be more than enough to an extent, unless you're rolling in money.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Monochrome said:

Agreed. When it comes to it, having several alts (one for gathering profession, one for trade materials, one for consumables, and so on) with 16 slot or even 14 slot bags in the 4 carry-on slots, plus the first 3 or 4 tabs (typically I'd go up to the 25 gold slot and stop there) would be more than enough to an extent, unless you're rolling in money.

Back on Insomnia, I remember I had three bank alts.
That is, they were characters with their own guild and the bank was the guild one. I had one with 4 slots and two with 3 slots. Good times.

If anyone's interested, the price for the first 4 slots was 100+250+500+1000 gold. As you can see, making a new bank with 3 slots is still cheaper (850g + whatever the guild charter man wants you to pay) than buying the 4th slot. In all, I spent 3550g just on the slots. Eh, that's a noticeable sum, but sicne it's TBC, it's also not extremely hard to make that money.

Edited by Xaverius

9 hours ago, DOGBERT said:

Well if you are stupid enough to sign up to a shady chinatown website with your real details, and then take the gold directly on  your main account instead of laundering it through 3-4 accounts via the AH you have only yourself to blame.

Follow basic opsec and you don't get caught ;)

Don't you lose a lot of gold to AH cuts that way? :P

On 9. 1. 2017 at 10:39 AM, Lilaina said:

Don't you lose a lot of gold to AH cuts that way? :P

Obviously you have to use the shady chinatown website's special offers!

(And avoid the jewblins in Booty Bay)

On 09/01/2017 at 7:55 AM, Xaverius said:

Back on Insomnia, I remember I had three bank alts.
That is, they were characters with their own guild and the bank was the guild one. I had one with 4 slots and two with 3 slots. Good times.

If anyone's interested, the price for the first 4 slots was 100+250+500+1000 gold. As you can see, making a new bank with 3 slots is still cheaper (850g + whatever the guild charter man wants you to pay) than buying the 4th slot. In all, I spent 3550g just on the slots. Eh, that's a noticeable sum, but sicne it's TBC, it's also not extremely hard to make that money.

For a moment i thought u were talking about vanilla and asked myself if you were on drugs but then i saw the miracle word "TBC" and i thought to myself that you weren't gone, that your mind was healthy after all.

Long live the Crestfallen !