Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Yet Another Nostalrius Announcement Reaction

70 posts in this topic

Playing the long game as usual. Seems to work so why change? I look forward to a future on the CF servers. I'll wait as long as I need to, you're my only hope.

Darkrasp for president! We will wait patiently until the beauty of Crestfall is ready to be shown.

Just read all the drama

Jesus Christ. Nostalrius staff pushing Blizzard agenda and acting like complete assholes, and Elysium looks like is going to sell out, so the community is going to be betrayed a second time.

I mean, why Elysium can't grow a pair, and tell blizzard puppets to fuck off? 

The lads from Nost are probably getting sued by blizz. Even though they arent hosting or incharge of the servers. they are implicated in it . They were stupid blizz met them they know them personally how on earth did they think this was gonna end. Elysium core is complete garbage with out nost. So elysium might aswell close all thier servers as the majority of the population will not trust them any longer and nost has just lost the faith of all its followers.

Blizzard 2 - 0 Private Servers

I'm not like "superstitous person" but starting new server at friday the 13th...

I'm mainly wondering how many people are going to show up on K2 with their tails between their legs.

I'm also thinking this may be pushed from Elysiums side from the old Nost team members, because they simply can't handle the demand at the moment.

"Nostalrius community is no longer about private servers, it is about official legacy realms"

That's like the Pope telling all Christians that they should start worshiping the golden calf.

I feel like this should surprise me but... it really doesn't.

This sounds like Blizzard putting the fire to Nost though, revenge for releasing their code. So either they're doing this to remove opposition to any Blizzard Legacy servers (if I were to stay optimistic, since they've yet to give any announcement about Legacy since they said they would "sometime after Blizzcon") or they're doing this because Blizzard is cracking down on private servers even harder.

I can't really see any other reasons for why Nost would announce this, and why Elysium would cave so quickly.

Just now, Lilaina said:

"Nostalrius community is no longer about private servers, it is about official legacy realms"

That's like the Pope telling all Christians that they should start worshiping the golden calf.

Funny thing is- Nostalrius has no community. They sell it. And the way they phrase it reminds me of that one quote from blizzcon 

If they rly gonna delete the old lvl60 chars im out...i just leveled a new char to 60, got complete pre raid bis and joined a hardcore guild (that all since the new start).

In this case i will take a break and will wait for crestfall release.

Official announcement posted (their forums are down), here is the excerpt most players are interested in:

Dear community,

Over the course of the next several weeks we will discontinue use of the Nostalrius core. By then, we will have completed Anathema, which will be equal to or superior to the Nostalrius core. We assure you that you will not feel any difference in the cores except for a potential increase in quality. We have been continuously updating the Anathema core side-by-side with the Nostalrius core.

All characters that have existed in the game world since Elysium’s launch until now will be maintained and all Nostalrius specific data will be wiped. Nostalrius realms will be renamed to Anathema PvP and Darrowshire PvE. A 30-minute maintenance will occur at 8:00 PM server time to apply the rename and the removal of unclaimed characters.

All future Nostalrius related data will be denied. The new realms will not be affected, and Elysium will not disclose any Nostalrius’ data such as the databases and core.

Nostalrius handed us the torch, we have no intention of putting it out.

It looks like they will only be wiping the characters that weren't claimed via transfer. So that's at least something for the people who were able to move over.

What's more telling is the "we will have completed Anathema" statement.

So they were still actively developing a separate core? Did they know something like this was coming?

OK to me, this sounds like they are referring to the old Elysium core from August. Which in fairness before the transfer had gone from pretty awful to mostly average. 

Problem here is that the track record of Valkyrie/Elysium in relation to development is pretty awful.

I think it's mostly legal cover. It now seems obvious that Elysium couldn't explicitly yell "Nostalrius transfers will be kept! We will copy+paste Nostalrius core fixes into the Anathema core!" (honestly I don't even know if they're based on the same foundation or not)...the sense I get is that for undisclosed reasons, public declarations like "All Nostalrius data will be deleted" are necessary. Fortunately it seems they're defining Nost data as elements of the core and unclaimed accounts / characters, while transferred and active accounts are now fully incorporated in "Elysium" data. Blizzard obviously has a lot of leverage on the Nost team (this was suggested with Nano's departure from the Elysium project, as well as the token generator being "broken" almost since the relaunch)—I wonder what's going on behind the scenes. 

So how long are we talking about for a release CF ?

3 months, 6 months, 1 year?

All the best

Edited by Gorriz
rekt

Drama at its core, lets get popcorn and see what will happen. Elysium and Nostalrius.

To me this just confirms that Blizz is taking legal actions against the Nost staff personally and I do not blame them whatsoever for their actions. Fuck if Blizz was pounding my ass I'd tell the pserver community to fuck off as well.

33 minutes ago, rooted said:

When it's ready. ;)

We don't want to rush a hasty release despite the recent events, because we still care about quality over quantity.

PS. 2030™

corecraft 2.0 confirmed

this nost saga has become laughable. 

its like ronda rousey coming back with all the hype in the world and getting rekt and embarrassed and showing once again that its all hype and nothing more. 

their server was quietly spiraling out of control anyway, the chinese and gold sellers and resource mafias had the server going completely haywire, draw distance was a disaster and sometimes you didnt see a mob appear until you were already in aggro range and this was required to keep the server online and lag free(and to say it accomplished that is a stretch), i mean seriously, nost was gonna crash and burn at some point. 

blizz sent that C&D and i believe they saw 2 things, a way to cut and run without taking the blame, and a slim possibility of getting hired by blizz. they lucked out, its like 2pacs death, he died RIGHT after his peak so even though he was going slightly downhill he still died on top, thus his legacy is overrated forever. same thing happened with nost, they were still massively successful at the time of the shutdown and the inevitable problems that would doom them never came to fruition. 

nost is just sad.