Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Yet Another Nostalrius Announcement Reaction

70 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

Ook?

Well, ook, one would never make a derogatory comment about orangutans. kek

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hereby I offer two explanations for the Nostalrious announcement synergy and timing when compared to the shitfest that is going on now with hacks and corruption.

 

1) Nost devs knew all along that a massive breach was there and decided to bail out. Firstly dispised by the community (41 pages of bullying on their forums) but then their name might come up as not so dirty anymore, as they might claim the 'pirate' Elysium staff was indeed corrupt to the bone and they wanted no part on it.

 

2) Nost devs provided the core and 'facilitated' the destruction of Elysium (which might happen in the following days / weeks) on purpose. Then they bailed out again not to be 'involved' when the ship sinks and god knows what is their next step, if any.

 

One thing is for sure; a Second Great Deception of the Vanilla community will make many folks (who are eager to play this version of WoW) happily pay Blizzard for hosting official, safe, stable and clean servers ;-)

Maybe it was a dance with the devil orchestrated by Blizzard all along just to twice piss everyone off and convince us no one is capable of hosting big, quality vanilla WoW servers, except for Blizz themselves.

Hahaha it's fun to conjecturate this theories ;-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, loeth said:

Hereby I offer two explanations for the Nostalrious announcement synergy and timing when compared to the shitfest that is going on now with hacks and corruption.

 

1) Nost devs knew all along that a massive breach was there and decided to bail out. Firstly dispised by the community (41 pages of bullying on their forums) but then their name might come up as not so dirty anymore, as they might claim the 'pirate' Elysium staff was indeed corrupt to the bone and they wanted no part on it.

 

 

They are dirty imo by the fact that they closed the first server with out no reason. Why did they start it up again if they hade to stop in the first place? All the time and effort people put in to the server and they close it down for there own agenda. Disgusting in my eyes

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2017 at 8:42 AM, Sherekhan said:

They are dirty imo by the fact that they closed the first server with out no reason. Why did they start it up again if they hade to stop in the first place? All the time and effort people put in to the server and they close it down for there own agenda. Disgusting in my eyes

Probably naivety....though how you could possible think a multi-billion dollar company wouldn't be able to make charges of IP infringement stick when you went out of your way to release code specifically designed to mimic the IP, is beyond me.

 

...sigh, I just want a Vanilla Server to play on...one that doesn't have bad scripting, one that isn't (probably) two years away from being launched, one that's fairly populated (1K at least all times), and one that doesn't get shutdown mid-way through it's launch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, illutian said:

Probably naivety....though how you could possible think a multi-billion dollar company wouldn't be able to make charges of IP infringement stick when you went out of your way to release code specifically designed to mimic the IP, is beyond me.

 

...sigh, I just want a Vanilla Server to play on...one that doesn't have bad scripting, one that isn't (probably) two years away from being launched, one that's fairly populated (1K at least all times), and one that doesn't get shutdown mid-way through it's launch.

It's true. It's not asking for much in 2017. The question on CF are not so much about launch date (2017 guaranteed), it's more about living up to it's ideals and successive progression through expansions. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait...so Crestfall doesn't plan on keeping the server(s) at Vanilla and copying the DB over to a new server that'll progress on into TBC? :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, illutian said:

Wait...so Crestfall doesn't plan on keeping the server(s) at Vanilla and copying the DB over to a new server that'll progress on into TBC? :(

It entirely depends on population. So there will be at least two realms. Whichever one you choose will either forcefully progress to TBC aka Blizzlike, or allow you to remain on the vanilla version as long as you like. But this can only happen if the player pop makes both realms viable.

Everyone likes the idea of avatars, whereby the realms split and you progress to TBC but also leave an avatar on vanilla, but no sign of positive feedback from the devs.

You have to take into account that splitting realms has a huge implication on costs and resources.

In the end, population is king

Edited by Outstanding
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.01.2017 at 1:38 PM, loeth said:

One thing is for sure; a Second Great Deception of the Vanilla community will make many folks (who are eager to play this version of WoW) happily pay Blizzard for hosting official, safe, stable and clean servers ;-)

This makes sense. I have played on a few private servers to enjoy the world and the story. However, their bugs; bad mob placements; broken talents, quests and mechanics annoyed me so much that (even if it is a minor thing compared to loosing entire servers) I resubbed to retail (twice so far) just to play something that works. Though on the other hand, I don't think blizzard intends to launch legacy servers. Because if they had, they would have already launched them by now. I don't take their blabbering about technical difficulties seriously. Moreover, not everyone would buy new expansions while official legacy servers are an option and that could ultimately hurt Blizzard's business (no matter what subscription fee they charge for legacy).

Still, I think any letdowns and fiascos in the private ("pirate" as Blizzard calls them) servers would make Blizzard happy, if nothing else. This last screwup of Nostalrius might indeed be something orchestrated by Blizz. Maybe in their meeting with the Nost team, Blizzard offered them official jobs (be it true or a lie) in exchange for stepping down from the private server business, thus the latest drama. Maybe the meeting was nothing but a PR move on Blizzard's side and now thanks to knowing their faces and names Blizzard has the Nost team by their balls. Maybe no such meeting ever happened and we were all fooled, I don't know. Maybe Metzen and his buddies are enjoying the show while eating popcorn.

If Crestfall launches (I don't want them to vanish like Corecraft) and maintains quality servers, it will help establish trust in the community. I hope that happens.

Edited by Quantus
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21. 1. 2017 at 11:40 PM, Outstanding said:

splitting realms has a huge implication on costs and resources

And friendships! Friendships are torn when progressing realms!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2017 at 7:28 PM, Outstanding said:

Well, ook, one would never make a derogatory comment about orangutans. kek

What, as if orangutans aren't just... monkeys?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yavannie said:

What, as if orangutans aren't just... monkeys?

But they're not, they're apes. It's not like it's Planet of the Monkeys now, is it.

See Crestfall, this is what you've made me do. Hog the forums and correct statements on species instead of playing WoW.

Hurry up already

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Outstanding said:

See Crestfall, this is what you've made me do. Hog the forums and correct statements on species instead of playing WoW.

Hey, if you didn't go and do it, I would. But this way you saved me one useless post.



...wait a moment!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep up the hard work guys, I constantly keep checking in to see if there's a release date.  Currently playing Elysium, it's pretty buggy in my opinion.  Actually worse than my experience on Kronos 2.  I'm on the edge of my seat for Crestfall and cannot wait for it to launch.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2017 at 0:41 PM, blacknugget404 said:

Keep up the hard work guys, I constantly keep checking in to see if there's a release date.  Currently playing Elysium, it's pretty buggy in my opinion.  Actually worse than my experience on Kronos 2.  I'm on the edge of my seat for Crestfall and cannot wait for it to launch.  

You're not the only one :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-01-24 at 6:41 PM, blacknugget404 said:

Keep up the hard work guys, I constantly keep checking in to see if there's a release date.  Currently playing Elysium, it's pretty buggy in my opinion.  Actually worse than my experience on Kronos 2.  I'm on the edge of my seat for Crestfall and cannot wait for it to launch.  

I also play on Elysium and must agree that the quality is pretty low and i thought so from start. But still play to gank/pvp a bit for fun while waiting for crestfall.

 

One thing i noticed is that the population on the server i play on the Zeth'kur have dropped from 6 k opening days and now been around 3-4 k during peek EU time to around 1.7 k during off EU time like 11:00 (+1)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've heard the VPNs from China were blocked, in order to stem the tide of gold sellers.

Does it account from the drop? Don't know, but the day the population dropped drastically was the same day of the VPN block.

I would highly recommend Crestall do the same... The gold seller doesn't was ridiculous; way more than any private server GM team could handle.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, illutian said:

I would highly recommend Crestall do the same...

They've stated they were going to do that a long time ago, so no worries there.

It's on this list somewhere

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now