Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 1/16/2017

36 posts in this topic

Step 1 : wait anxiously for Darkrasp's update that will address craving for Crestfall progress information

Step 2 : read Darkrasp's update

Step 3 : enjoy for... let's say 10 minutes

Step 4 :go back to step 1

23 hours ago, Humperdink said:

Size doesn't matter!

That's not what she said. ;)

3 weeks for Warrior & Paladin testing and the announcement of the next wave, be interesting to see if they keep to a similar pace with the other class tests, we can then roughly extrapolate how long beta might last. Will have to see when the next wave comes in after the Shaman/Rogue wave.

Thanks for the really great update, much appreciated!

I'm always getting full of excitement when i get to read some of these :)

can't wait!

Thanks fo the update.

Was reading another forum section while a tought came to mind...

Any plans to make Jadefire open source?

Thank you for the info. What a great read it was. 

Patience is being tested. :)

So this might've been answered somewhere else, in which case I'm sorry. I knew crestfall was planning on progressing at least through to wotlk, but I saw a few comments in this post about already doing some minor tbc work. What's the extent of said work? Elysium said after naxx they may consider tbc, but it normally takes years to make a new server. It took nost 6 years to make their vanilla, and I'd think tbc would take a long time too. Plus their vanilla server is buggy as shit. Does this mean crestfall will be ready when the time comes? Like maybe 6 months or a year or whatever after naxx? I can't wait for tbc, and if you guys are gunna take 6 months to upgrade to tbc while Elysium takes six years that's awesome!

46 minutes ago, Keter said:

So this might've been answered somewhere else, in which case I'm sorry. I knew crestfall was planning on progressing at least through to wotlk, but I saw a few comments in this post about already doing some minor tbc work. What's the extent of said work? Elysium said after naxx they may consider tbc, but it normally takes years to make a new server. It took nost 6 years to make their vanilla, and I'd think tbc would take a long time too. Plus their vanilla server is buggy as shit. Does this mean crestfall will be ready when the time comes? Like maybe 6 months or a year or whatever after naxx? I can't wait for tbc, and if you guys are gunna take 6 months to upgrade to tbc while Elysium takes six years that's awesome!

I wouldn't say months, maybe 1 year, i really don't know.
But i hope they nail TBC since to this date there hasn't been a private server that did TBC decently, most of the projects are literally trash.
And since TBC was my favorite expansion i can't wait to play it, hopefully here.

@Keter the core for the Crestfall emulation is actually from TBC. My understanding is that the intention had always been to make Crestfall PTE, so the devs have always been working to that aim.

Work for TBC is already taking place and will accelerate once the vanilla realms are launched. Similarly, when TBC launches, they'll start working on the WotLK version.

This is the fundamental and key difference with Crestfall and other vanilla emulators. It's their core, not borrowed somewhere else and patched together.

The timeline for progression has been discussed before with an optimum from vanilla launch to TBC launch is 16-18 months. They don't mention this now as they don't like deadlines as it allows people a stick to best them with.

Last bit. The co-owner intends to launch a standalone TBC realm at a later stage using the Crestfall core. He has 10 years experience with private TBC servers.

So you're in good hands here QED

1 hour ago, Outstanding said:

Work for TBC is already taking place and will accelerate once the vanilla realms are launched. Similarly, when TBC launches, they'll start working on the WotLK version.

This is the fundamental and key difference with Crestfall and other vanilla emulators. It's their core, not borrowed somewhere else and patched together.

@Keter Also I point I like to stress, it furthermore means that on each new expansion, the previous ones will work exactly (barring patch changes) as they worked when each that previous expansion was the main one.
Which is a thing that never happens on private servers, where if you start a new xpac, you gotta come back to the old content and fix it again.

Edited by Xaverius

On 1/18/2017 at 1:07 AM, Elicas said:

That's not what she said. ;)

Ach, it's how ye YUSE dat size.